007 apron cover (resized).jpg
IMG_8065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8069 (resized).jpeg
Hungry Hungry Hippo.gif
IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
There are 2,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 42.
#1301 12 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

How tall is this game with the topper? Seems like it may be similar to Beatles

Measured right at 81" w topper.....

#1302 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Measured right at 81" w topper.....

Thank you sir!

#1303 12 months ago

Sad day- I’m moving JB60 to my buddy’s house (he owns half so I guess that’s the right thing to do ). Can’t wait til it comes back!

#1304 12 months ago

Adjusted up my machine and it is playing much better:

* Stretched the springs on all drop targets (I was hitting some square and they weren't going down)
* Installed a purple spring (plunge would fall short)
* Installed Titans, including low bounce flipper rubbers
* Replaced coil stops (was going to happen eventually anyway)
* Swapped out the post by the left saucer for a PBL post
* Centered tilt bob (this was driving she who inspects all new games crazy)
* Cleaned/waxed and installed new ninjas
* Running at 6.8 degrees

Amazing how consistent some of these fixes are across various machines.

One issue that I don't think I read here is I was getting mega air balls coming off of the B target. Watching closely, the ball was launching when I was hitting the right side of the B target.

The metal guide behind the B target on the right is bent toward the B target. Is this normal? I'm not sure if it got bent by all the air balls, or if that is as expected (photos appreciated)

I ended up fixing by putting a little rubber in front of the edge of the metal on that guide. No more airballs, but the loop from the plunger to the left flipper seems misaligned now (which is why I'm wondering if the metal guide should a flair)

I have not looked to see if the B target is misaligned on the mounting on not (maybe too far left?)

Machine is a LOT more fun with the drops working as they should, and the shot to the left saucer registering consistently.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1305 12 months ago

What is hit to get the EXTRA 2x bonus above and beyond the 3x bonus? The award immediately follows the normal bonus, and has a lower pitched sound. I've got this several times but I'm not sure what I did to get it. I see the ADD 2 BONUS arrow just below the captive ball, is that it?

This game ROCKS !!!!!!

#1306 12 months ago

I like the size of bond better than the regular size.
Kind of wish Stern would go with this on new games. Would not match the old games but it could start a new row.

IMG_4326.jpegIMG_4326.jpeg
#1307 12 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What is hit to get the EXTRA 2x bonus above and beyond the 3x bonus? The award immediately follows the normal bonus, and has a lower pitched sound. I've got this several times but I'm not sure what I did to get it. I see the ADD 2 BONUS arrow just below the captive ball, is that it?
This game ROCKS !!!!!!

Hitting captive ball for ‘Add 2 Bonus’ will spot you 2 bonus advances.

Are you talking about the ‘Hold Bonus’ (which double counts your bonus)? I believe the jetpack tool gives you that.

#1308 12 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are you talking about the ‘Hold Bonus’ (which double counts your bonus)? I believe the jetpack tool gives you that.

yeah thats the held bonus

#1309 12 months ago

I've not seen one of those IRL, is that like a little baby home pin sized unit or is foo bigger than normal?

Quoted from frankmac:

I like the size of bond better than the regular size.
Kind of wish Stern would go with this on new games. Would not match the old games but it could start a new row.
[quoted image]

#1310 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I've not seen one of those IRL, is that like a little baby home pin sized unit or is foo bigger than normal?

Foo is a regular game size . The Bond is smaller.

#1311 12 months ago

Seems like an odd choice.

Quoted from frankmac:

Foo is a regular game size . The Bond is smaller.

#1312 12 months ago

When they shut down home pin production, I'm sure they had a bunch of cabinets and parts leftover...easy way to get rid of 500 of them

Thankfully with the topper it isn't too out of place in the line up

#1313 12 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Seems like an odd choice.

Sort of an optical illusion...

Full size playfield
Full size backbox
Full size cab

Legs (full size) are bolted slightly higher on the rear of the cabinet, making it not "line up" w most standard Sterns. This is due to the single level design placing the PF (again full size) closer to the glass and orienting it similiar to the player. Though the total outside height is roughly 2.5" lower in the rear, the PF sits higher.

#1314 12 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

When they shut down home pin production, I'm sure they had a bunch of cabinets and parts leftover...easy way to get rid of 500 of them
Thankfully with the topper it isn't too out of place in the line up

Umm.....no. A home pin this isn't.......

#1315 12 months ago

Ah.. That makes more sense. They pictures really makes it look small. (That's what she said lol) thanks

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sort of an optical illusion...
Full size playfield
Full size backbox
Full size cab
Legs (full size) are bolted slightly higher on the rear of the cabinet, making it not "line up" w most standard Sterns. This is due to the single level design placing the PF (again full size) closer to the glass and orienting it similiar to the player. Though the cabinet is roughly 2.5" lower, the PF sits higher.

#1316 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm.....no. A home pin this isn't.......

I may have this wrong (if so my apologies for misinfo). Same (smaller) dimensions as Beatles, and I thought I had read that was the same as the home pins (alas, I've never seen a JP home pin or other home pin in person) Looking at this photo of JP home edition, it sure looks similar though...

#1317 12 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I may have this wrong (if so my apologies for misinfo). Same (smaller) dimensions as Beatles, and I thought I had read that was the same as the home pins (alas, I've never seen a JP home pin or other home pin in person) Looking at this photo of JP home edition, it sure looks similar though...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just break out your tape measure....

#1318 12 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I've been paying more attention to the ADD 2 BONUS and after hitting that, it doesn't award the extra bonus that I'm talking about at the end when the ball drains.

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

yeah thats the held bonus

Can you explain more, this doesn't happen very often. Maybe once every 20-30 games.

#1319 12 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Can you explain more, this doesn't happen very often. Maybe once every 20-30 games.

it only happens in certain sound modes, too. when you complete the BOND drop targets, it lights the hat for a gadget. spin the hat enough, fast enough, earn a gadget. the first gadget you get is 'hold bonus' meaning it will either keep your bonus in place after a ball once after counting it, or count it twice at the end of the game. some of the sound modes use a different gunshot effect to count the second one.

#1320 12 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Sad day- I’m moving JB60 to my buddy’s house (he owns half so I guess that’s the right thing to do ).

What a coincidence! I just did the exact same thing Friday. Half-n-half is the only way I could justify it.

#1321 12 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I have not looked to see if the B target is misaligned on the mounting on not (maybe too far left?)

Looks too far left to me. Mine was the same way. Had to loosen the switch stack, push everything as far right as possible, and retighten. I'm guessing the ball is never supposed to hit that metal guide edge. Hopefully straightening the target will solve your issue.

#1322 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks too far left to me. Mine was the same way. Had to loosen the switch stack, push everything as far right as possible, and retighten. I'm guessing the ball is never supposed to hit that metal guide edge. Hopefully straightening the target will solve your issue.

I'll give that a go, thank you. If you have a chance (or anyone else), can you please post a photo of your metal guide coming down to the right side of the B target? Mine has quite a bend inward behind the B target

#1323 12 months ago

Mine has shown no problem with hitting that metal guide edge, I do get the occasional SDTM when hitting the B target though. That metal edge seems to be well guarded by the B target on my game.

#1324 12 months ago

I'll be streaming Bond 60th tonight. Feel free to come and say hey! I'll probably need some rule help if you have any.

#1325 12 months ago

Can suddenly see the value of an Elwin signed 007 Topper.....hands down one of the best looking, interactive offerings Stern has put out in awhile...

( works so well on JB60...are there any cornerstone games seen/ played to date w one of these? Curious if it interacts as well)

#1326 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can suddenly see the value of an Elwin signed 007 Topper.....hands down one of the best looking, interactive offerings Stern has put out in awhile...
( works so well on JB60...are there any cornerstone games seen/ played to date w one of these? Curious if it interacts as well)

I may move mine over to my LE and try it.

#1327 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Topper on JB60 is awesome. Right up there with the best toppers ever made in my opinion. We will definitely be buying one for our BondLE. I am thinking the effects will be similar.

#1328 12 months ago

Glad to see this game out in the wild.. specially, this one is from Pinball hall of fame. As you may suspect… playfield damage. Don’t know how many games this machine has, but ugh… sad to see.

On another note… this machine has more flow than I expected. Cannot judge code, but the shots were actually fun. Nice retro style with modern feel.

Will be playing more tonight to see if my mind changes.

IMG_2151 (resized).jpegIMG_2151 (resized).jpegIMG_2152 (resized).jpegIMG_2152 (resized).jpeg
#1329 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Topper on JB60 is awesome. Right up there with the best toppers ever made in my opinion. We will definitely be buying one for our BondLE. I am thinking the effects will be similar.

I'd be curious how it works on a cornerstone....in truth, this game was bashed SO hard due to the price ( understandable and I agree) in the speculation thread, I really looked over the included topper...just didn't look too amazing in what little promo that did get out.

Now that I've had the game for a bit and paid attention to alot of the little things, it really is special. Think the topper interacts better than any other one I have......the lighting does ALOT of really nice, tied in effects.

Seeing the GZ release today and looking at some others just reinforces my opinion.

#1330 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

yancy this did the trick, thank you!

Also (very gently!) lubed up the Oddjob hat and spinners...OMG!!

#1331 12 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:Glad to see this game out in the wild.. specially, this one is from Pinball hall of fame. As you may suspect… playfield damage. Don’t know how many games this machine has, but ugh… sad to see.
On another note… this machine has more flow than I expected. Cannot judge code, but the shots were actually fun. Nice retro style with modern feel.
Will be playing more tonight to see if my mind changes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty nasty.

Maybe the drop needs to be aligned a little higher.

#1332 12 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I may move mine over to my LE and try it.

Definitely curious....please post if you try it out. Can't imagine how it could interact as well, but possibly so...

#1333 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd be curious how it works on a cornerstone....in truth, this game was bashed SO hard due to the price ( understandable and I agree) in the speculation thread, I really looked over the included topper...just didn't look too amazing in what little promo that did get out.
Now that I've had the game for a bit and paid attention to alot of the little things, it really is special. Think the topper interacts better than any other one I have......the lighting does ALOT of really nice, tied in effects.
Seeing the GZ release today and looking at some others just reinforces my opinion.

We would try the topper out on our LE but I physically cannot do it at the moment.

When all the moaners are bagging games, toppers and everything else, it takes the focus off the items to the moaning. The real root of their moaning is the price and the fact they cannot afford it. Right now, all the moaners are on their hate train in the Godzilla thread.

Like most things Stern, once you give them a good go, they really are pretty good. We had friends over to play our Bond60th so I sat back and watched the topper. Really cool light effects and Stern has not done anything like this before. I think it is really cool.

We bought a GZ topper. I am sure once the hate train moves to another topic the topper will be pretty good and wanted just like most of Sterns other toppers. It will look much better in real life.

#1334 12 months ago

When all the moaners are bagging games, toppers and everything else, it takes the focus off the items to the moaning. The real root of their moaning is the price and the fact they cannot afford it. Right now, all the moaners are on their hate train in the Godzilla thread.
Like most things Stern, once you give them a good go, they really are pretty good. We had friends over to play our Bond60th so I sat back and watched the topper. Really cool light effects and Stern has not done anything like this before. I think it is really cool.
We bought a GZ topper. I am sure once the hate train moves to another topic the topper will be pretty good and wanted just like most of Sterns other toppers. It will look much better in real life.

Very much agreed....

#1335 12 months ago

The real root of their moaning is the price and the fact they cannot afford it.

Amusing on many levels.

#1336 12 months ago

We had friends over to play our Bond60th so I sat back and watched the topper.

This is really the only way to enjoy it. I don't have much use for things I can't experience as a player, so the topper is a zero for me. Also has kind of a slot machine vibe which is not my taste.

#1337 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...this game was bashed SO hard due to the price...

Took Marissa (my friend that I hired for mod help since early 2021) to my friend's house with JB60, and she gravitated to that and played it non-stop for a couple hours...she's never cared much for any pinball game before, and hardly touches any of mine. My friend has a fairly elite collection with a lot of great games, but JB60 is all she really wanted to play (with a little bit of Beatles thrown in...her previous favorite).

She wasn't aware of its exclusivity factors.

#1338 12 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Took Marissa (my friend that I hired for mod help since early 2021) to my friend's house with JB60, and she gravitated to that and played it non-stop for a couple hours...she's never cared much for any pinball game before, and hardly touches any of mine. My friend has a fairly elite collection with a lot of great games, but JB60 is all she really wanted to play (with a little bit of Beatles thrown in...her previous favorite).
She has no idea of its exclusivity factors.

Nice story...it really is that kind of game...

( props while you're in the thread regarding your EHOH 40th mods...absolute perfect fit w the themed elements of that game, along with its own unique topper...well done!)

#1339 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

This is really the only way to enjoy it. I don't have much use for things I can't experience as a player, so the topper is a zero for me. Also has kind of a slot machine vibe which is not my taste.

My TZ has the slot machine topper....Bond's definitely has that vibe...fits the game really well. Agreed, the only way to truly appreciate it is when someone else is playing. Had zero idea it would interact and have the effects it has. Pleasant surprise...

#1340 12 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'll be streaming Bond 60th tonight. Feel free to come and say hey! I'll probably need some rule help if you have any.

Aren’t you on vacation?

#1341 12 months ago

Maybe I’m naive but a genuine question.
Why would Bond60 owners care about watching a stream of someone playing it who doesn’t know how to play it?

#1342 12 months ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Aren’t you on vacation?

Got back last Friday!

Quoted from Vino:

Maybe I’m naive but a genuine question.
Why would Bond60 owners care about watching a stream of someone playing it who doesn’t know how to play it?

Perfectly valid question. I actually think I know the rules pretty well but there are always things to learn. That is why I post it in the owners thread because you guys know the game better than everyone else. I learn stuff all the time watching streams of games I own or think I know all the rules but I'm typically missing something.

We ended up having a great time. What a brutal game. If anyone cares to watch the reply here is the link. Yeah the topper really is incredible and I hope they bring that level of light show to the cornerstone version.

#1343 11 months ago

joelbob I thought you did a great job. Missed having your brother there, hopefully he makes it back from Canada without incident. Seatbelts are important.

#1344 11 months ago

Not gonna lie, I think this looks pretty sweet after changing everything over to blue.

IMG_0626 (resized).jpegIMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
#1346 11 months ago

Ive played all levels of Bond. If it isnt the 60th, Im not interested at this point. My prediction that multiple spinners spinning and score reels reeling, w Odd Jobs hat going would be an epic experience rang true. EPIC and the ability to choose the sounds at the beginning is cool. Ill be putting $$$ on location while I can, this is a different Stern..

#1347 11 months ago

started ball 3 of league game 5 down 5k with 600 points last night. blew up two multiballs with YOLT as well as Jaws, Oddjob, and the jetpack to finish just shy of rolling it at 9800. feels good man

#1348 11 months ago

going live here in a little bit (8 PST) https://www.twitch.tv/sonofadiddly

#1349 11 months ago

Somehow, for the first time I was able to get in a Wizard Mode on ball one??? Owners of this game already know that it is so fast, that things happen very quickly and it's hard to compute what just happened. The music was different immediately, so that was what made me look at the playfield screen to see what to expect next... still can't put the pieces together and figure out what I did to get there.

Honestly, before my game was delivered, and after I'd heard of other people saying what a "Drain Monster" it was, I was ready to sell my game before it was ever delivered. So very glad that I didn't keep that mindset. This pin is awesome in so many ways!!!

#1350 11 months ago

wizard mode is after you do all the multiballs. very unlikely you did it ball one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/27?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.