IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 41.
#1251 11 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Thank you so much my friends! It's amazing the difference! Playing the game with this sound takes the game to a whole new level! Kudos!

Great outcome NunoDirector - enjoy the sweet sounds of your PinWoofer kit!

#1252 11 months ago
Quoted from playfield-pro:

The 4" speakers will fit. You can also modify the LE panel, then you can also install 5.25" speakers - but then they are not in the middle. So you should put the original foam in front of it.
I have now installed Flipper Fidelty and sounds is much better.[quoted image][quoted image]

My compliments on your product. They look good and since they appear to be inserts mounted in front of the plate, they will support both 4in and 5.25in speakers (the latter using our 5.25in mounting solution). Correct me if I am seeing this wrong.

As implied, upgrading to a 5.25in speaker will place the tweeter assemblies off-center, but it is a subtle shift and still maintains symmetry between left and right. Shown in the image is our 5.25in speaker mounted on 4in plates. I personally would not feel compelled to replace the foam, but individual opinions will vary, of course.

There is a huge upside to your audio when upgrading to a larger speaker. Specifically, the mid-range will be fuller and better bridge the gap between the cabinet woofer and the backbox. A 4in speaker will sound thin in a Spike-2 title and there is a profound difference when comparing a 4in to a 5.25in speaker (we have done this comparison). Replacing the factory supplied KFC-1066S with another 4in speaker may leave you struggling to hear any benefit. Upgrading the speakers, amplifier and power solution are a game-changer.

That's our take, well done on the colored inserts, and thanks for your attention!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

4in Opening (resized).jpg4in Opening (resized).jpg
#1253 11 months ago

New code is out!

#1254 11 months ago

For those that have played both the regular LE and the 60th, which one do you prefer?

#1255 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

For those that have played both the regular LE and the 60th, which one do you prefer?

The are very different games. But if I had to pick just one - 60th hands down. Standard Le is just like all the other Stern LEs (give/take).

#1256 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Much prefer playing the 60th to any version of the cornerstone game, pro/prem/LE. I already own far better "normal" Stern games than the Bond cornerstone, but 60th is a unique experience.

My collection is around half pre-DMD games. This is a blend of everything I love about pinball from all eras. I'm not typically a big spender and don't buy Stern LEs these days, so the fact that I found a way to squeeze one of these into the budget speaks volumes.

Of course you're asking a lot of owners here, so the answers will be heavily skewed in favor of the 60th.

#1257 11 months ago

Yesss!!! A local arcade is putting the 60th on the floor! Will be playing this weekend...

#1258 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I have both and like them equally for different reasons.

#1259 11 months ago

V1.06.0 May 18, 2023
=========================
- Fixed bonus count lights when changing players after hold bonus.
- Fixed bug where the ability to play Gadget Multiball was lost if Bond
Multiball was started while the disc was spinning the fourth gadget.
- Increased scoring for jackpot, double jackpot, and super jackpot
in Mission Multiball.
- Added "RANDOM" option to DEFAULT SOUND STYLE game specific adjustment.
- Various small tweaks to display and sound effects.
- Achievements earned during gameplay now appear on the top of the LCD display.
= SYSTEM V3.39 =
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.7.0
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#1260 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I hate to say it, but ignore jackpots.

Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Increased scoring for jackpot, double jackpot, and super jackpot in Mission Multiball.

Welp.

#1261 11 months ago

Of the last 4 Sterns, I'd rank them Godzilla, Foo Fighters, Rush, ...(long way down), Bond cornerstone. Bond 60th is very different experience and way too soon for me to properly judge, but I put it between Godzilla and Foo Fighters.

Cornerstone was/is so frustrating for me (Bond is a dream theme, I had insane hopes for Gomez driving it). It isn't a code issue for me, that can be fixed. It is a corner design and design philosophy/execution issue. It is like the playfield is a collection of good or great ideas, and they're scattered around like a buffet. There is no sense of wholeness for me, or connection between the playfield elements.

Analogy I've used for other is like the game started as a collection of things (nouns) they then got juggled so they fit on a playfield together. 60th is more a collection of flows (verbs). For me, pinball is about motion and flow, and becoming part of the story of the flow, not a series of check boxes or elements in a design brief (need a rocket, need a DB5, need a tank, need a scuba fight, etc).

#1262 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Of the last 4 Sterns, I'd rank them Godzilla, Foo Fighters, Rush, ...(long way down), Bond cornerstone. Bond 60th is very different experience and way too soon for me to properly judge, but I put it between Godzilla and Foo Fighters.
Cornerstone was/is so frustrating for me (Bond is a dream theme, I had insane hopes for Gomez driving it). It isn't a code issue for me, that can be fixed. It is a corner design and design philosophy/execution issue. It is like the playfield is a collection of good or great ideas, and they're scattered around like a buffet. There is no sense of wholeness for me, or connection between the playfield elements.
Analogy I've used for other is like the game started as a collection of things (nouns) they then got juggled so they fit on a playfield together. 60th is more a collection of flows (verbs). For me, pinball is about motion and flow, and becoming part of the story of the flow, not a series of check boxes or elements in a design brief (need a rocket, need a DB5, need a tank, need a scuba fight, etc).

I had a lot of these feelings about the cornerstone early. It took longer for me to warm up to than a lot of games. I’m typically that way with Gomez games it seems. Now that I have the shots dialed in a love it. Between the cornerstone and the 60th, it would be a tough choice, but if I could only keep one it would be the 60th. The 60th is so simple but it definitely keeps me hitting start. Don’t plan on letting go over either anytime soon.

#1263 11 months ago

FWIW... I agree with several of the previous posts. I've always liked the Bond LE, and I have the 60th anniversary also, but I'm a patient person... The code continues to develop and show definite signs of improvement in the right direction. I'm in for the duration of code development on the LE!!! Neither the LE or the 60th will be leaving my collection anytime soon, they both are fun pins with a great theme.

#1264 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I spent a ton of time on Bond premium and I like it.
Bond 60th something different:

Easy to understand but hard to accomplish most of the time but when you do! That is a good thing.

Fun and exhilarating but difficult at times and aggravating in a good way. Also a good thing.
Not sure if this helps.

Price on 60th high but sometimes you have to pay to play.

My opinion is the 60th really good.

#1265 11 months ago

Agree on the " simple to understand" part, but the game is far from easy. It is incredibly satisfying and fun to play. Can't put a phrase to it, but " pure, in a modern way" is the best I've got.

Didn't buy the Bond cornerstone, so cant really weigh in specifically, but have several other Stern cornerstones in the lineup. JB60 is just a very, very special game imho....

#1266 11 months ago

I agree, owning both games, the 60th anniversary wins hands down. While being somewhat simple, it can be incredibly brutal at times, it gives great rewards other times!!! The combos have such great flow and are very rewarding. The game can be lightning fast, but I love it!!!! Definitely keeps me pushing the start button.

#1267 11 months ago

Own them both as well, play the 60th more than anything else and have since it came in… I just keep going back to it over and over

#1268 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Have close access to both.

60th a clear winner IMO.

So many modern games feel like a long grind, making it hard to commit to pressing start, but Bond 60th is easy to approach and play a bunch of games on, and still more fun than cornerstone Bond for me.

#1269 11 months ago

Bond 60 is a real favorite in my home. We have several other Sterns, and Bond is simply a nice compliment to the other deeper, multilevel more recent Stern games. Friends that come over play them all, but gravitate back to Bond 60. Hard to imagine not keeping this one a long time.

#1270 11 months ago

Ok, I have a few questions about gameplay..... I know you are going to tell me to read the rulesheet. lol

Mission Multiball is cool, especially if you are able to reset it during the same ball. "You Only Live Twice"

When you get a gadget the light flashes, what is the goal at that point? I've collected all the gadgets a few times and believe the reward was a multiball after all 4 were collected.

I've also got a Bond Multiball several times... What benefit are the Bond targets after that achievement?

This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!

#1271 11 months ago

Verdict is in, Bond SLE is badass. Gobbled up $10 in no time, but did get a match, so its set at 10% hah. Anyway, what a badass pin! I didnt even come close to breaking 10,000 points and I kept coming back. Shoots smooth, looks good for clip art. The ability to change the chimes is cool as hell.

Couple of nitpicks. Odd Jobs hat is just cheap, come on.. also, the mylar/pf protector is coming up in the pops.

Would love to own one, one day and thanks Electric Bat, you are killing it! Spooky was fun too.

20230520_124238 (resized).jpg20230520_124238 (resized).jpg

#1272 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Verdict is in, Bond SLE is badass. Gobbled up $10 in no time, but did get a match, so its set at 10% hah. Anyway, what a badass pin! I didnt even come close to breaking 10,000 points and I kept coming back. Shoots smooth, looks good for clip art. The ability to change the chimes is cool as hell.
Couple of nitpicks. Odd Jobs hat is just cheap, come on.. also, the mylar/pf protector is coming up in the pops.
Would love to own one, one day and thanks Electric Bat, you are killing it! Spooky was fun too.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Glad you did get to play it finally. That has been roughly the same verdict with everyone I know too: it’s like potato-chips, you can’t just eat one… or two… etc.

#1273 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Had a game last night where I was one villain away from the wizard mode. Felt like I was really in the zone, so I played a couple more games, and BOOM! wizard mode achieved. I didn't beat it, which is disappointing since it's not that hard, but getting there is a beast.
Advice for wizard mode seekers:
Villain, villain, villain. When in multiball your number one job is to start a villain mode if not already running, and complete it. Especially if it's a dangerous one like the hat spinner or drop targets. If you happen to light a gadget during multiball, try to cash it in, but that's not your main focus.
Maximize multiball! Don't try to lock both balls right away. Lock one, work on your villain, repeat. After you drain down to one ball, restart at the scoop. If you lock both balls before draining one, you miss this crucial extra multiball time. Now you're in sudden death and should lock both to restart your ball save and enter three-ball play. I hate to say it, but ignore jackpots. Finish your villain, and if possible, start a second.
Earn every "free" multiball. Get good at the super skill to inline drops. In a four-ball game (assuming third Bond collected), you can get five free multiballs per game. One for each super skill, plus the second gadget. Use ALL of them to defeat villains. In the game where I reached the wizard mode, I only started one multiball the hard way.
If you want that second EB from the upper rollovers, master the plunge. Every autolaunch of every multiball should be soft plunged up top. Get a look and/or feel of where that is on the shooter gauge so you can plunge on autopilot. Since we're using our super skill to light multiball instead of completing lanes, we need all of these free plunges to complete the lanes three times.
Ignore Bonds. In a good long game you will light and collect most of these on accident during multiball. The bottom Bond target is a tough shot in single ball play, not to mention potentially dangerous. Let multiball chaos do the work for you. Of course you have to collect the last Bond in single-ball play.
Gadgets take a bit more attention than Bonds, due to the short timer. If you're in jail, meaning outside of multiball with no villain running, maybe consider going for Bond targets, especially if a couple are already down. Sometimes it's easier to spin the hat during single ball play, risky as it is. During my wizard mode run I drained ball three while trying to collect the fourth gadget, but started gadget multiball just as the ball was hitting the trough. Phew!
TLDR: this game is awesome

Nice write up. Agree with one exception- I rarely do super skill to get lock lit and rather focus on the EB from top in lanes. I feel like I’ll get the in lane drops during the game but I may not get enough shots into the top lanes. (And even when you get it, that captive ball EB collect can be tough to hit under pressure!). And I value EB above anything else so I hate when I miss this one.

#1274 11 months ago

So in regards to getting the extra ball lit…apparently there is another way to do so. I haven’t read the rule set, but the other day I was playing a long ball and experienced the extra ball light being lit in the static ball lane. I know for a fact that the third upper lane reward had not been achieved and it was not lit. Anyone know the other combination in which to light the EB?
By the way, I was able to whack the static ball and get rewarded. An extra ball goes a long way in this game!

#1275 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

So in regards to getting the extra ball lit…apparently there is another way to do so. I haven’t read the rule set, but the other day I was playing a long ball and experienced the extra ball light being lit in the static ball lane. I know for a fact that the third upper lane reward had not been achieved and it was not lit. Anyone know the other combination in which to light the EB?
By the way, I was able to whack the static ball and get rewarded. An extra ball goes a long way in this game!

Complete BOND 3 times and collect the Bonds to light extra ball. I agree, an extra ball can make a big difference in this game!

#1276 11 months ago

Really enjoyed getting time on Bond60 at GSPF this weekend. Happy they brought one.
Two big thumbs up!

#1277 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Complete BOND 3 times and collect the Bonds to light extra ball. I agree, an extra ball can make a big difference in this game!

Good to know! So 3 lit Bonds gets me the EB light. I’ll watch for it! Thanks!

#1278 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Good to know! So 3 lit Bonds gets me the EB light. I’ll watch for it! Thanks!

All good. I drop the BOND targets and spin the hat enough times to collect the gadget straight away. You run out of time to collect the gadget othereise. You can stack the Bonds and collect them when you are ready.

#1279 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good. I drop the BOND targets and spin the hat enough times to collect the gadget straight away. You run out of time to collect the gadget othereise. You can stack the Bonds and collect them when you are ready.

The "your almost out of time" callout kills me!!! A ruthless game!!! (still playing every evening)

#1280 11 months ago

Joined the club….what a fun and fast game. Kids are digging being able to play and not wait all day for Dad to be done!!
IMG_2708 (resized).jpegIMG_2708 (resized).jpegIMG_2709 (resized).jpegIMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

#1281 11 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The "your almost out of time" callout kills me!!! A ruthless game!!! (still playing every evening)

Definitely a tough game. "your almost out of time" gets me hyped and most of the time I lose the ball!

We are still playing ours on most days. I have started having some really good games with decent ball times.

Ours is not going anywhere!

#1282 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

The static/captive ball is only the collect EB. Regardless of how it was earned, this is always the way in which it is collected.

#1283 11 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

When you get a gadget the light flashes, what is the goal at that point?

No real goal at that point, you've already collected it. Each one is a different reward:
1 - hold bonus
2 - action button for instant multiball ready
3 - outlane ball save lit
4 - gadget multiball

#1284 11 months ago

I currently own neither but got a chance to play both the premium and 60th for the first time at Golden State over the weekend. The cornerstone didn’t grab me at all but I was extremely impressed with the 60th. I’ve shifted from “hell no” to calling up my local distributor…

#1285 11 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

The static/captive ball is only the collect EB. Regardless of how it was earned, this is always the way in which it is collected.

I believe an EB is earned at 25k also.

#1286 11 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I believe an EB is earned at 25k also.

nope

3 bonds or the top lanes + the captive ball. that's it

#1287 11 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

nope
3 bonds or the top lanes + the captive ball. that's it

So as long as you have at least 3 bonds, and light all 3 top lanes, it lights the EB? Then the captive ball collects it. I've had the EB light up in several games, guess the secret is the 3 top lanes.

#1288 11 months ago

Bond and lanes are separate. Every game has potential for three EBs- one lights for the lanes and one lights at 3 and then 6 Bonds

#1289 11 months ago

Sixth bond doesn’t light an EB, or at least not on my machine.

#1290 11 months ago

i'll double check later

#1291 11 months ago

Hi everybody, every time I used to hold the left flipper and do a manual plunge (shooter rod) to go for the skill shot went perfectly, but since the last update the only way to open the gate and the ball can pass by for the skill shot is if I do the automatic plunge, not with the shooter rod. Does this happen to someone else or just my machine? What do you think should be the problem? Thanks for your time and help!

#1292 11 months ago

Hi everybody, every time I used to hold the left flipper and do a manual plunge (shooter rod) to go for the skill shot went perfectly, but since the last update the only way to open the gate and the ball can pass by for the skill shot is if I do the automatic plunge, not with the shooter rod. Does this happen to someone else or just my machine? What do you think should be the problem? Thanks for your time and help!

This does not happen on mine. I manual plunge and do the skill shot.

#1293 11 months ago

#61 is now shaking, not stirred!

IMG_0004 (resized).jpegIMG_0004 (resized).jpeg
#1294 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

#61 is now shaking, not stirred![quoted image]

Congrats! Welcome to the club.

#1295 11 months ago

Ours is fine and does not do that since the update.

#1296 11 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I tried chrome and loved it, but the channel was a mm or two too wide to hold the chrome Vs the colors - at least on mine. It did look the best imho.

Did anyone do chrome yet? And if you can share more grey that would be helpful. I have blue and love how it pops more - def an improvement but always interested to see how other colors look!

Btw - loving the game. Every time I plan to sit down and do a review something comes up so just posting this here. It is such a refreshing change of the typical stern game and the code is straight forward but def enough meat for a sub par pinball player like myself! Love the music in it and that topper - my fav yet. Someone asked about this or FF - totally diff games with foo being another stern that has great shots but just didn’t click with me code wise as those amazing shots started to fall flat and feel boring so I recently sold.

Bond is my go to for a quick game at night after working and just wanting to jump in quick. Yes it’s too expensive but what a great package. What’s funny is I had a few non pinball people come to my house and play and surprising to me, they enjoyed bond the most and said it looked very expensive, especially with how the topper is integrated and completed the game. I really wasn’t expecting that as my collection is pretty varied. Pirates JJP was second.

#1297 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did anyone do chrome yet? And if you can share more grey that would be helpful. I have blue and love how it pops more - def an improvement but always interested to see how other colors look!
Btw - loving the game. Every time I plan to sit down and do a review something comes up so just posting this here. It is such a refreshing change of the typical stern game and the code is straight forward but def enough meat for a sub par pinball player like myself! Love the music in it and that topper - my fav yet. Someone asked about this or FF - totally diff games with foo being another stern that has great shots but just didn’t click with me code wise as those amazing shots started to fall flat and feel boring so I recently sold.
Bond is my go to for a quick game at night after working and just wanting to jump in quick. Yes it’s too expensive but what a great package. What’s funny is I had a few non pinball people come to my house and play and surprising to me, they enjoyed bond the most and said it looked very expensive, especially with how the topper is integrated and completed the game. I really wasn’t expecting that as my collection is pretty varied. Pirates JJP was second.

Actually toyed w the idea of black chrome or black nickel finish.....think it would be over the top deadly, but honestly been playing so much haven't been inclined to take it down, lol

FF was a no go for me as I just don't like band themed pins (KissLE my only exception). I agree w your friends thinking that JB60 "looks" very expensive (it is, of course). Something about it...idk....gives a very unique "clean expensive/ polished" look and feel...

Anxious to see how GFCE will fit along with this (kind of a 180 approach)

#1298 11 months ago

that expensive clean polished look is why I'm leaving my game stock

#1299 11 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

that expensive clean polished look is why I'm leaving my game stock

With you 100%....wish they would have done the coin door, given the satin black looks so amazing and a primary color for this game(my OCD, hence only reason I was contemplating the switch)

Coin doors rarely get respect, lol!!!! (have an EHOH 40 that I'll get to at some point)

#1300 11 months ago

How tall is this game with the topper? Seems like it may be similar to Beatles

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 26.50
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.