Rell James Bond 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9384 (resized).png
IMG_1015 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240324_035417963.MP (resized).jpg
There are 2,106 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.
#801 1 year ago

hey skink, maybe you can pin this as a key post, but we should post rules that aren't made explicit such as...

...you can't progress the gadget with the hat if you start a villain mode
...Q spots A, B, and C targets
...Q adds time during modes
...at the end of villain modes you get a 'victory lap' where the mode keeps going, you can drop the MI6 targets again to double value for the mode during this time
...villain mode progress picks up where it left off if you don't complete a certain villain in the given time
...you don't have to follow the insert to collect the bonus- that's a dumb gate. you just have to wind up in the shooter lane

#802 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

hey skink, maybe you can pin this as a key post, but we should post rules that aren't made explicit such as...
...at the end of villain modes you get a 'victory lap' where the mode keeps going, you can drop the MI6 targets to double value for the mode during this time

I feel like I should be embarrassed to admit this… but have no idea how to do ‘key posts’…?

#803 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts

just a way to highlight useful posts in a thread. i'm happy to keep adding rules we find to this one if you want to make it a key post.

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

This is why, for now, we will only allow Pinside staff and Pinside Editors to mark posts as key post.

Not for us mere mortals tho.

#805 1 year ago

...at the end of villain modes you get a 'victory lap' where the mode keeps going, you can drop the MI6 targets again to double value for the mode during this time
...villain mode progress picks up where it left off if you don't complete a certain villain in the given time

Does hitting the MI6 targets again while in a villain mode add more time, or is it only the Q target?

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If anyone is having ball hang ups on the back side of the MI6 drop bank and the lowest pop bumper like I have had happing a lot increasing the pitch of the machine does not solve the issue.
Quick fix is to remove the plastic and remove the upper right clear post along with the clear star post.
Take the star post and install in the upper clear post location and it eliminates the ball from getting hung up between the rubber and the pop bumper and that stops the hang ups and eliminates the need to shake it free.
Downside is the clear post is not reusable in the original star post location due to the thread on the top of post. The plastics do not have a factory hole for them.
I will add a different thread and install the clear post later but for now all is working great.
Five minute fix with a needle nose pliers and you do not have to lift the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. Was having this exact issue.

#807 1 year ago

y'all should rate the game i'm not sure how you can play this game once or twice on location and then give it a 5/10 but, whatever. my gushing review is real

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Does hitting the MI6 targets again while in a villain mode add more time, or is it only the Q target?

i think just Q. completing MI6 will double mode values for the remaining time, though

#808 1 year ago

So played both JJP GF and Stern FF again. Whats stood out that makes me post here? The spinners. The magical, never ending spinners. The deeper i get into pinball, the more i appreciate individual components that make a up the whole experience. Sooo that leads to 60th Bond, 4 spinners and 4 scoring reels just going insane/spinning at the same time A/V hoping to keep up.
Im starting to think $5,000 per spinner over lifetime ownership is how i can justify this ha!

Not going to happen, but eff I wanna play this so bad..m

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So played both JJP GF and Stern FF again. Whats stood out that makes me post here? The spinners. The magical, never ending spinners. The deeper i get into pinball, the more i appreciate individual components that make a up the whole experience. Sooo that leads to 60th Bond, 4 spinners and 4 scoring reels just going insane/spinning at the same time A/V hoping to keep up.
Im starting to think $5,000 per spinner over lifetime ownership is how i can justify this ha!
Not going to happen, but eff I wanna play this so bad..m

Are there any locations or pinsiders close by that have it? Would love to hear what you think of it… because it sounds to me like you would also love it as well.

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are there any locations or pinsiders close by that have it? Would love to hear what you think of it… because it sounds to me like you would also love it as well.

Well im hoping a local collector shares one, or it comes up on one of the awesome local spots. I love the Bond theme and just know this would rip..

#811 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, unfortunately mine played like crap out of the box.
- action button didn't work (easy switch adjustment)
- MI6 and lock drop targets bricking, especially on super skill shot
- right lock saucer rejected about half of all shots
- Bond saucer had a couple bounce outs, but it rarely matters because:
- left orbit/lock shot not aimed at Bond saucer
- B target assembled crooked, blocking direct shots to Bond saucer
For the front lock drop target, I disassembled the mech and added one washer to the front side of the drop. This reduced bricks from half, down to about 10% on super skill shots, and near zero in regular play. The rear two targets aren't as bad, and I only had one washer.
MI6 drop targets seem to be breaking in a bit, fewer bricks, and I shoot them directly less often than the lock. If bricks continue to be an issue, I'll grab some more compatible washers.
I lined the back of both saucers with double-sided foam tape, which from my experience deadens more than weather stripping or anything else I can easily source. Put a layer of black electrical tape over the white double-sided to both cover the stickiness and hide it. Lock rejects are now down to about 15% instead of half.
Left orbit Bond saucer feed is the bane of my existence. I've had the plastics off that area, adjusted the ball guide as far as I could without drilling new holes, no luck. Only a bad/clunky orbit shot will actually meander into the saucer. Direct shots are possible, but tough, especially in multiball. This basically ruins multiball gameplay. I now focus on bonus X in multiball, which is more lucrative than a 500 point jackpot anyway.
B target leaning left and blocking direct Bond shots was salt in the wound. I loosened the switch stack and retightened with everything pushed as far right as possible. Now it stands straight up, hopefully it holds.
Saturday night I hosted league, and a Stern employee said, "hey, did you know your Bond isn't hitting the left saucer? That shot is supposed to lock the ball." Why yes, I did know that. Thank you.

I feel like I’m going way way back in time (a few weeks) but thank you for this. I’ve been traveling and finally had time to adjust a bunch of things. You made several follow up posts with solutions and the changing of the left orbit post-rubber… holy shit it’s like a different game. I enjoy the game either way but refusing rejects to that left orbit to saucer shot was brutal. I replaced and I’m at 80-90% now… thank you!!!

#812 1 year ago

got to gadget and bond multiballs a couple more times yesterday...is smashing the oddjob disc all there is to them or did i just not play them long enough?

#813 1 year ago

Interesting that after collecting BOND and draining, you can still spin the hat for a gadget. But if you start a villain mode, the gadget opportunity is lost. Is there a way to resume progress on gadget after completing a mode or do I just have to get BOND targets again?

#814 1 year ago

afaik you just have to start over

#815 1 year ago

Play 10-Balls

#816 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

the changing of the left orbit post-rubber… holy shit it’s like a different game. I enjoy the game either way but refusing rejects to that left orbit to saucer shot was brutal. I replaced and I’m at 80-90% now… thank you!!!

You're quite welcome! Anytime I have a frustrating issue like that on a NIB game, I always post the problem AND solution, because I know I'm not the only one out of 500 (or however many) affected.

Makes me feel for the guys not on pinside who are just suffering through almost never making a left lock shot.

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're quite welcome! Anytime I have a frustrating issue like that on a NIB game, I always post the problem AND solution, because I know I'm not the only one out of 500 (or however many) affected.
Makes me feel for the guys not on pinside who are just suffering through almost never making a left lock shot.

Just out of curiosity were the rejects from backhand shots or were you shooting from the right?

#818 1 year ago

Shooting from the right, up through the bottom as the lock light indicates. It was imperceptibly clipping the rubber post just before crossing over to the scoop, which bumped it around the loop instead. Silicone sleeve is probably not even a millimeter thinner, but made all the difference.

Seems like one of those "manufacturing tolerance" things where if your machine is built a millimeter off, the left lock shot doesn't work.

#819 1 year ago

the shot is also harder to hit from a trap up than it is with the ball rolling ime

#820 1 year ago

the shot is also harder to hit from a trap up than it is with the ball rolling ime

I almost always backhand it from a trap but I’m not consistent enough to tell if I’m getting rejects

#821 1 year ago

Finally played PF. Which was a fun game with a great theme. I'd like to own a standard some time. But it isn't half the game of Bond 60. Its not even close.

#822 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Finally played PF. Which was a fun game with a great theme. I'd like to own a standard some time. But it isn't half the game of Bond 60. Its not even close.

I’m looking forward to PF for the theme but I’m not expecting gameplay to be close to Bond 60th. Should still be fun.

#823 1 year ago

Don’t think I’ve ever been excited for a shooter rod, but this thing is cool! Now just need the game to go with it.

CDB7A23F-DD8D-4D05-B0BD-F48D5DE238F5 (resized).jpegCDB7A23F-DD8D-4D05-B0BD-F48D5DE238F5 (resized).jpeg
#824 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Don’t think I’ve ever been excited for a shooter rod, but this thing is cool! Now just need the game to go with it.
[quoted image]

Nice! Did you make it?

#825 1 year ago

they had that at TPF, I nearly bought it but then when I went back to get it it was gone

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they had that at TPF, I nearly bought it but then when I went back to get it it was gone

Now you know where it went!

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Nice! Did you make it?

No, Bill made it. Super skill shot shooter rods. Looks like he makes it out of a 2 oz silver coin issued by the Australian mint. Came with a box the coin came in with the cert of authenticity.

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

No, Bill made it. Super skill shot shooter rods. Looks like he makes it out of a 2 oz silver coin issued by the Australian mint. Came with a box the coin came in with the cert of authenticity.

Nice. I will check the coins out

#829 1 year ago

new high score a few minutes ago. still no villain MB though

Screenshot 2023-04-04 175006 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-04 175006 (resized).png

#830 1 year ago

man doesn't look like mine is arriving in time for my event at home which is a shitter. Next week hopefully.

#831 1 year ago

Yes. .. Early Easter present from The Easter Bunny!

The silver foil on the decals looks great.

16806800696794552532265326684194 (resized).jpg16806800696794552532265326684194 (resized).jpg
#832 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

man doesn't look like mine is arriving in time for my event at home which is a shitter. Next week hopefully.

We just got ours and it looks amazing. You will love it.

#833 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Excited for this one is an understatement !!!

#834 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Can I come over and play !!

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from rskb41:

Can I come over and play !!

Sure. Sent you a PM.

#836 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Congrats!!! Can't wait to get back home to ight and play minee again...it is a great looking game! Side poster stuff and foil WAY better than I thought it would be..

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shooting from the right, up through the bottom as the lock light indicates. It was imperceptibly clipping the rubber post just before crossing over to the scoop, which bumped it around the loop instead. Silicone sleeve is probably not even a millimeter thinner, but made all the difference.
Seems like one of those "manufacturing tolerance" things where if your machine is built a millimeter off, the left lock shot doesn't work.

Yup- from right flipper. Trapped or on roll. I actually never backhand from left but I will try.

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!! Can't wait to get back home to ight and play minee again...it is a great looking game! Side poster stuff and foil WAY better than I thought it would be..

Thanks!! We are looking forward to having a few games on it in the next few days.

#839 1 year ago

Came back from being out of town for a few days and dropped this. This game is so fun to shoot.

4F2E40CE-0E75-4221-B19C-71EB166794B7 (resized).jpeg4F2E40CE-0E75-4221-B19C-71EB166794B7 (resized).jpeg
#840 1 year ago

Hell of a score! Nice to see they use the 40k & 20k lights in combination for 60k. So I guess to truly roll this thing, you'd have to score... 110,000?

#841 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hell of a score! Nice to see they use the 40k & 20k lights in combination for 60k. So I guess to truly roll this thing, you'd have to score... 110,000?

Yeah, not sure. I imagine it would light 40k, 30k, 20k, 10k, then the final 10k to get you over the hump. Doubt I’ll ever know. 29k was my top before this.

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Yeah, not sure. I imagine it would light 40k, 30k, 20k, 10k, then the final 10k to get you over the hump. Doubt I’ll ever know. 29k was my top before this.

Something I'll never have to worry about...

Think Keith even commented he hadn't rolled it on one of the Insider videos..

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Something I'll never have to worry about...
Think Keith even commented he hadn't rolled it on one of the Insider videos..

Keith said on a podcast I listen to that it would be "extremely difficult" to roll.

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Keith said on a podcast I listen to that it would be "extremely difficult" to roll.

= not gonna happen for me.

One of the really appealing things about this game for me was " low scoring" in general. Definitely brings a nice dynamic ... absolutely thrilled ( and still am) when the 10k lights up...

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

= not gonna happen for me.
One of the really appealing things about this game for me was " low scoring" in general. Definitely brings a nice dynamic ... absolutely thrilled ( and still am) when the 10k lights up...

I agree, the noise and shaking it does when it hits 10k is so exhilarating. Love this game.

#846 1 year ago

Came back from being out of town for a few days and dropped this. This game is so fun to shoot.
[quoted image]

Wow! Great score! Our 60th is on it's way! Now you're giving me something to shoot for!

#847 1 year ago

I agree, the noise and shaking it does when it hits 10k is so exhilarating. Love this game.

The term " immersion" is so overused when describing games....this one definitely has an amazing " personality" to it. Just so different than anything I can remember playing, current or in the past.

They nailed " Modern old school" imho.

#848 1 year ago

Added the wizard mods art blades yesterday in case anyone is curious how they look….

199BAEC2-E13B-4BA7-8711-B694A00A59C4 (resized).jpeg199BAEC2-E13B-4BA7-8711-B694A00A59C4 (resized).jpeg23959826-F7A3-415E-9EB3-D4614EA603F4 (resized).jpeg23959826-F7A3-415E-9EB3-D4614EA603F4 (resized).jpegB6A84D58-E66F-41D4-9846-FBD55FE10F21 (resized).jpegB6A84D58-E66F-41D4-9846-FBD55FE10F21 (resized).jpegC4D7B40E-AC68-4112-85D4-5EE059A2D51D (resized).jpegC4D7B40E-AC68-4112-85D4-5EE059A2D51D (resized).jpeg
#849 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Added the wizard mods art blades yesterday in case anyone is curious how they look….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool . Thanks for sharing.

#850 1 year ago

Joining the club next Thursday. Can’t wait! I’m assuming from reading through the forum this game will be money well spent? It looks incredibly fun. Got it for a really decent price as well. Always a bonus. Next week can’t come soon enough. It will be my most anticipated 12 hour round trip yet for a pin. See ya’ll then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin Music Plus

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,106 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.