IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 41.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I hope we can all get over ourselves and not worry about “fee-fees” in here. Seriously. I don’t want this to be an echo-chamber where anyone that has a criticism of the game gets run out of town or something.

That's refreshing (though I've directed my criticisms elsewhere since I'm not an owner). I remember when I picked up Beatles Gold...MANY people were pissing all over it (not worth the price, Seawitch re-theme, etc.). I liked it and didn't really care what others were complaining about. Stated my case for why I thought it was cool and moved on. Some of the defensiveness and cheerleading I've seen here has been unfortunate, so thanks for your post!

Ultimately, the competition is with the manufacturers (not the collector community). Bond 60th's are easy to get and will therefore be discounted. PFLE's are sold out and there are long lines to snap up LE positions in the queue (for a premium). The community votes with their wallets. It's really an embarrassment that Stern is having such difficulty selling Bond 60th with so few being built.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's refreshing (though I've directed my criticisms elsewhere since I'm not an owner). I remember when I picked up Beatles Gold...MANY people were pissing all over it (not worth the price, Seawitch re-theme, etc.). I liked it and didn't really care what others were complaining about. Stated my case for why I thought it was cool and moved on. Some of the defensiveness and cheerleading I've seen here has been unfortunate, so thanks for your post!
Ultimately, the competition is with the manufacturers (not the collector community). Bond 60th's are easy to get and will therefore be discounted. PFLE's are sold out and there are long lines to snap up LE positions in the queue (for a premium). The community votes with their wallets. It's really an embarrassment that Stern is having such difficulty selling Bond 60th with so few being built.

And do you know how few have been built, or where this info comes from? I personally play pinball with 2 other people every Wednesday night that also purchased JB60s so I will admit to being skeptical when I keep hearing everyone say this.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You are not an owner and you are not a fan. You bag the game and the owners every chance you get. Owners clubs are for people to enjoy their games both good and bad. Why would you even want to post in this thread?. Sure you do not secretly love and want the game?

Again, you are not an owner and not a fan. Respectfully, take it to the hype thread.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

And do you know how few have been built, or where this info comes from? I personally play pinball with 2 other people every Wednesday night that also purchased JB60s so I will admit to being skeptical when I keep hearing everyone say this.

Think there were only going to be 250 built for the US anyway. Marketplace shows about a split of people selling for profit, selling under $20k, and WTB posts. I'm sure they are close if not completely done building all of them.

JB sold at 20k, PF 10k. Done, finished, over. People "spoke with their wallets" that the game was too expensive for most. Been beat to freakin death.

If Stern had offered this game for 10k, and at least 1.5 years to see delivered like PF, then they would have been beyond sold out at 1k plus units. I love CGC, but already seeing people flipping spots for $1k profit, and the usual shenanigans. JB60 will have very, very little of that.

Not even posting in the PF thread as I'm not a buyer...never, ever understood otherwise.

Open, constructive club threads talking about the machine itself, good and bad, are healthy. Rehashing the obvious just to stir shit....well....

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I hope we can all get over ourselves and not worry about “fee-fees” in here. Seriously. I don’t want this to be an echo-chamber where anyone that has a criticism of the game gets run out of town or something.

Agreed...nothing wrong with being excited and loving the game you bought in a club thread though..I like watching the unboxings and feeling the new owners excitement.

Just don't have anything negative to say..yet ( except " for 20k it should be letting me get better scores." )

#706 1 year ago

Got the call yesterday from Nitro that mine is in. Really on the fence if I open it up or sell it. After watching a lot more play action videos I'm very nervous it's gonna be another Bond failure. I know it'such different than the Bond LE, but man was I ever disappointed in the heaping pile of a game. If anyone wants one for MSRP, hit me up.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

As long as the criticisms aren’t about price or “value” which was 95% of the hype thread (it got old)

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Open, constructive club threads talking about the machine itself, good and bad, are healthy. Rehashing the obvious just to stir shit....well....

I agree 100%. I am not inviting rehashing of that… and don’t find any idea that we need to somehow justify the price or compare to PF (or any other game for that matter) to be something that makes sense. I also don’t think any of us want to deal with shit-stirring in here, so if thats what is going on… it isn’t the place.

That being said: there has been a bit of a “lovefest” going on in here. Some of that may be due to a need to defend a purchase… but to be honest, I am okay with the idea that someone just “doesn’t get it”. The reason being that I am very comfortable in the fact that the game is just really enjoyable. Like anything else, it is a YMMV sort of deal. I know people that think any game created before 1988 is boring and not worth playing. I respect their right to be dull, naive, and entirely wrong.

#709 1 year ago

My favorite shot right now (getting kind of good at it) is holding left flipper, then launching for skill shot which drops all 3 in-line targets (have to hit the first in-line pretty quick). Sets up MB pretty well, and crazy satisfying....

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My favorite shot right now (getting kind of good at it) if holding left flipper, then launching for skill shot which drops all 3 in line targets. Sets up MB pretty well, and crazy satisfying....

I somehow missed that you could actually do this…? We really need a good rules guide. There is this:

http://tiltforums.com/t/007-60th-anniversary-rulesheet/8053

But not sure how up to date it is.

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

That being said: there has been a bit of a “lovefest” going on in here. Some of that may be due to a need to defend a purchase… but to be honest, I am okay with the idea that someone just “doesn’t get it”. The reason being that I am very comfortable in the fact that the game is just really enjoyable

Certainly hope no one pretending to like it to "justify" the price. Ditto on my enjoyment factor as it really is fun to shoot, over and over (ok, yes, I love it...)

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I somehow missed that you could actually do this…? We really need a good rules guide. There is this:
http://tiltforums.com/t/007-60th-anniversary-rulesheet/8053
But not sure how up to date it is.

You must do this!!! Plunge hits the left flipper at a tough spot, but I've gotten used to it....what a rush!!! Super fun...
( I found it by just messing around holding a flipper button...think there is a third skillshot I haven't found yet)

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Got the call yesterday from Nitro that mine is in. Really on the fence if I open it up or sell it. After watching a lot more play action videos I'm very nervous it's gonna be another Bond failure. I know it'such different than the Bond LE, but man was I ever disappointed in the heaping pile of a game. If anyone wants one for MSRP, hit me up.

What Bond failure? We have a LE and love it. Watching the code mature is great.

This hobby is all about yourself and what you like. Everybody is different. Just because people put shit on a game does not mean you need to listen to them.

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What Bond failure? We have a LE and love it. Watching the code mature is great.
This hobby is all about yourself and what you like. Everybody is different. Just because people put shit on a game does not mean you need to listen to them.

Just my two cents, big steaming hot bag. I'm glad you like it, carry on!

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You must do this!!! Plunge hits the left flipper at a tough spot, but I've gotten used to it....what a rush!!! Super fun...
( I found it by just messing around holding a flipper button...think there is a third skillshot I haven't found yet)

This is awesome, I didn’t know about it either but it boosted my scores (sad as they are) right away to where I finally hit 10k

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was just about to post if anyone had found the third skill shot? I hit it today on accident.

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I was just about to post if anyone had found the third skill shot? I hit it today on accident.

Wait..what's the 3rd? I know inlane, hold left flipper, plunge goes past gate for in-line, but not sure of the other one.

#718 1 year ago

Changed out the t-molding, start button, flipper buttons and added mirror blades and a powered sub.
Also did a little tweaking so the left lock is more consistent from the far left shot (thanks for the tip yancy about the slim post rubber). I tried changing the flipper rubbers to PerfectPlays but it plays better with the harder factory rubbers.

Maybe I’ll add some super lube to the spinners just for fun.

4C159A33-6697-41FD-9347-0B6ADEF2C6AD (resized).jpeg4C159A33-6697-41FD-9347-0B6ADEF2C6AD (resized).jpeg
#719 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait..what's the 3rd? I know inlane, hold left flipper, plunge goes past gate for in-line, but not sure of the other one.

I’ll PM you not to spoil it.

#720 1 year ago

One of them is holding the left flipper for full lunge around and hitting the right escape/M shot

#721 1 year ago

I’ll PM you not to spoil it.

oops

#722 1 year ago

Then that makes four!

#723 1 year ago

Skill shots are q, m, top lane and inline drops

With a cheevo for doing three different ones in a game

#724 1 year ago

Than that make four!

Well PM me the third!

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Well PM me the third!

Nevermind, I think ive gotten the Q also without realizing

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Skill shots are q, m, top lane and inline drops
With a cheevo for doing three different ones in a game

Good grief!!...back to the game

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

There are several available to purchase in my area, both from distributors and collectors that decided to go with other games (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-60th-le-1). For "hot/limited" games, it's usually much harder to locate the games (and they aren't being deeply discounted). It's just so obvious that Stern botched this one. Even more obvious is how CGC and Play Mechanix schooled Stern on how to nail a modern retro and pay homage to an amazing license. For the crowd that likes to buy everything, I get it...knock yourself out! Since I want to keep my lineup to ~15 (for space reasons), buying everything just doesn't make sense for me...I need to be more discriminating.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

There are several available to purchase in my area, both from distributors and collectors that decided to go with other games (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-60th-le-1). For "hot/limited" games, it's usually much harder to locate the games (and they aren't being deeply discounted). It's just so obvious that Stern botched this one. Even more obvious is how CGC and Play Mechanix schooled Stern on how to nail a modern retro and pay homage to an amazing license. For the crowd that likes to buy everything, I get it...knock yourself out! Since I want to keep my lineup to ~15 (for space reasons), buying everything just doesn't make sense for me...I need to be more discriminating.

Except its NOT obvious… you are literally the only person I have heard go on about how ‘botched’ or ‘embarrassing’ this game is after playing it, so it honestly does come off as trolling.

You’re banging this drum over and over about how this game is a failure (but PF is not). Or that we bought it merely because we ‘buy everything’ and the game doesn’t stand up on its own merits (for some reason?)

It all feels rather disingenuous to me… partly because you are so opinionated about it and seem to be evangelizing.

Also, seeing “several available in your area” doesn’t hold up for proof that they didn’t make all 500.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don’t know that it’s obvious CGC “schooled” Stern on anything here… I own a 60th and I’ve preordered a PFLE. I think PF will be great because it has a great theme, Bond is great because it’s an amazing shooter. Both licensers had different demands, and both companies did a great job under those constraints. One or both machine may not suit everyone or make sense in their collection. They are not really that similar in gameplay at all and are only being compared because they are in the small group of pseudo-retro games available.

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

" Schooled"? Ffs...just stop. Your opinion has been heard....price, price, price. My opinion is different then yours and carries exactly the same weight.

Preach wherever you want. Fortunately, I buy my own games and your opinion ( beyone price, price, price) is simply bullshit...own it after 10 games, just tired of hearing it...especially in an owners club thread

#731 1 year ago

snaroff
Your point has been made numerous times. Since this is an owners thread, and you’re clearly not participating with this title (I honestly respect your reasons for not doing so), please take your efforts to the hype thread.

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Bond 60th's are easy to get and will therefore be discounted. PFLE's are sold out and there are long lines to snap up LE positions in the queue (for a premium). The community votes with their wallets. It's really an embarrassment that Stern is having such difficulty selling Bond 60th with so few being built.

Quoted from snaroff:

There are several available to purchase in my area, both from distributors and collectors that decided to go with other games (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-60th-le-1). For "hot/limited" games, it's usually much harder to locate the games (and they aren't being deeply discounted). It's just so obvious that Stern botched this one. Even more obvious is how CGC and Play Mechanix schooled Stern on how to nail a modern retro and pay homage to an amazing license.

PF LE sold out a game no one had even seen played. Some of these "buyers" are already trying to flip their spot at a profit. Unfortunately we see this with a lot of limited games including a few Bond 60th that have shown up on this form. Anyone who has been in this hobby as long as you have knows that some great games at one point sold for less than MSRP and went up in value later (SW, GotG, DP, NST, Hobbit, POTC, Met, ACDC, Beatles, BKSOR, Kiss, BM66, and pretty much every Bally Williams game). Other games there there was initial hype and people flipping for over MSRP haven't faired as well (RZ, LOV, DI, ACNC, Halloween).

For me and probably most of the other buyers none of this has any bearing on our enjoyment of these games. The hype thread got beat to death with 7k+ posts almost all complaining about price and perceived market value. Let's let this thread be for people that want to talk about the game itself.

#733 1 year ago

Played it last night at AYCE Gogi in van nuys and loved it. very beautiful machine with an interesting and fun playfield. But in my party of four, the three other players who aren't as obsessive as I am about pinball all preferred the Bond Thunderball next to it. The lack of ramps and toys seem to aim this machine at those who've been here for all 60 years of Bond movies. It's very hard to see how they justify the price other than manufactured scarcity. I wish they'd use the playfield design for a Bond 60 year Home Version with no topper for $6000. It would be very tempting and I think they'd sell like hotcakes. But I'm sure this has all been covered in this long thread I'm not going to read. Just wanted to add my 2cents having actually played it finally. Great game, terrible price.

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Played it last night at AYCE Gogi in van nuys and loved it. very beautiful machine with an interesting and fun playfield. But in my party of four, the three other players who aren't as obsessive as I am about pinball all preferred the Bond Thunderball next to it. The lack of ramps and toys seem to aim this machine at those who've been here for all 60 years of Bond movies. It's very hard to see how they justify the price other than manufactured scarcity. I wish they'd use the playfield design for a Bond 60 year Home Version with no topper for $6000. It would be very tempting and I think they'd sell like hotcakes. But I'm sure this has all been covered in this long thread I'm not going to read. Just wanted to add my 2cents having actually played it finally. Great game, terrible price.

Lol, undaunted it’s another post about price and perceived value. We’ll done

#735 1 year ago

no one gives a shit about the price discussion y'all it's in the OP lol

Here, definitively, so no one has to post it any more: no, no pinball is worth twenty thousand dollars. there you go. Again.

#736 1 year ago

Changed out the t-molding, start button, flipper buttons and added mirror blades and a powered sub.
Also did a little tweaking so the left lock is more consistent from the far left shot (thanks for the tip yancy about the slim post rubber). I tried changing the flipper rubbers to PerfectPlays but it plays better with the harder factory rubbers.
Maybe I’ll add some super lube to the spinners just for fun. [quoted image]

First off - your cosmetic updates look amazing. I’ve always been a fan of how this game looks (even cabinet art) and with the blue, it looks even better. In fact, I just bought all of the things you’re showing here for my 60th……

Say what?

Yep - I’m joining the club soon fellas. Still hate the asking price for sure and although I’m not going to disclose what I ended up paying, I didn’t pay MSRP+tax etc. Haven’t received it yet but should be coming in soon.

I’ve just heard too many good things about this game (outside of this owners thread mostly) and considering my love for Elwin, the fact I do think this will be hard to find down the road (as it’s 500 only of the entire game, not a version of it like Elvira), the super cool theme, it’s different than anything I have (my Pulp Fiction LE is ways away!) and the price I paid, I’m in. Btw - that moby version of the theme just kicks ass and the 1980s effects sound great too!

As I wait for mine, I’ll continue reading through impressions while also considering if I can access that main screen on the pf. Not sure if I would add movie clips to this game like I did when creating the movie code for Jurassic Park but something else that could make it pop even more. I’ve always been a fan of PF screens and this one seems to use it well with instruction - even though they look very clip art/amateur! More to come.

#737 1 year ago

Congratulations! We haven’t received ours yet either. Stern still has them on the scheduled to be built so I’m told. Ours is one of two that our distributor has yet to receive. The other being sold to a friend of mine. Looking forward to it!

#738 1 year ago

Did you take off the black art blades they put on it? Or just put the mirror over top of them?

#739 1 year ago

Maybe I’ll add some super lube to the spinners just for fun. [quoted image]

What mirror blades did you go with? I ordered an extra set from pinball life, but wasn’t sure they will fit. It does list Beatles, so I thought surely they will work.

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What mirror blades did you go with? I ordered an extra set from pinball life, but wasn’t sure they will fit. It does list Beatles, so I thought surely they will work.

I went with Cointaker’s version. Tight fit, but my pf glass was already very tight to begin with.

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Did you take off the black art blades they put on it? Or just put the mirror over top of them?

Mounted them over the top. The mirror blades screw in and they go down deeper into the cabinet than the black art blades. So no damage to them I’d I wanted to revert back.

#742 1 year ago

So close! I needed one more gadget to start Gadget MB, then the 007 Wizard Mode. First time starting Bond MB & Villian MB.
I’m loving the Insider achievements more on this game than any of my other Sterns. I’ve completed 70/94 so far.

Edit; I may have death saved a ball or two. I definitely tilted on my 2nd ball. Got an extra ball for collecting three Bonds and another for hitting all three top lane skill shots.

2CECB350-4116-4563-ABCD-155C3F89CD21 (resized).jpeg2CECB350-4116-4563-ABCD-155C3F89CD21 (resized).jpeg4594F71D-B793-47CD-AFE0-C356F0383E8A (resized).jpeg4594F71D-B793-47CD-AFE0-C356F0383E8A (resized).jpeg

#743 1 year ago

Mounted them over the top. The mirror blades screw in and they go down deeper into the cabinet than the black art blades. So no damage to them I’d I wanted to revert back.

Those mirror blades look fantastic in this game. Great choice.

I finally played this game at Gogi, damn I want one. It's like no other pinball machine I've played in recent memory.

edit: did you have to drill holes or are they already there for the mirror blades?

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Those mirror blades look fantastic in this game. Great choice.
I finally played this game at Gogi, damn I want one. It's like no other pinball machine I've played in recent memory.
edit: did you have to drill holes or are they already there for the mirror blades?

The ones from Cointaker has holes drilled. I believe the ones from Pinball Life have adhesive on them.

#745 1 year ago

So close! I needed one more gadget to start Gadget MB, then the 007 Wizard Mode. First time starting Bond MB & Villian MB.
I’m loving the Insider achievements more on this game than any of my other Sterns. I’ve completed 70/94 so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Killing it!! Agreed on the IC for this game. The whole package is super addictive!!

( tempted on the mirror..looks great!) Doing some other minor touches ( t-molding and start button were naturals).

Have to be away from the games for 10 days ( ahh) but will post some things upon return...

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Killing it!! Agreed on the IC for this game. The whole package is super addictive!!
( tempted on the mirror..looks great!) Doing some other minor touches ( t-molding and start button were naturals).
Have to be away from the games for 10 days ( ahh) but will post some things upon return...

Biggest change was swapping out the upper left post rubber so I could successfully make the Bond lock shot. Also concentrated on starting the villains.

#747 1 year ago

Biggest change was swapping out the upper left post rubber so I could successfully make the Bond lock shot. Also concentrated on starting the villains.

Nice!!! You went w the thinner Stern posts, correct? That's the way I was going after it...

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice!!! You went w the thinner Stern posts, correct? That's the way I was going after it...

Yes. One of the Titan slim post.

#749 1 year ago

Another Bond pin just turned the 60th Anv. Edition version cost into pocket change comparatively speaking.

007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG

$130,000

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Another Bond pin just turned the 60th Anv. Edition version cost into pocket change comparatively speaking.
[quoted image]
$130,000

Interesting that you own the Gomez version, but only saw fit to post it in this club thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.