IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 41.
#601 1 year ago

I'm live on Twitch, come hang out! https://www.twitch.tv/SonOfADiddly?sr=a

#602 1 year ago

I heard from Stern today. Mine has been repaired (damaged in shipping previously) and it's on its way back! They said it was only a small cosmetic issue. The box indicated otherwise. Anyway, should be here before the weekend!!

#603 1 year ago

this game is so hard, lol. the best i've managed to do- once- is light the outlane saves. never seen a multiball besides Mission and if you watch my stream we tried for like 2+ hours

a strategy that's evolving is starting mission mutiball but not going for locks, since you can start villain modes BUT NOT COLLECT GADGETS or something

publish the rule set stern

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Is it normal behavior for Odd Job’s disc to always end up with the post in the exact same spot after it spins? Mine seems unbalanced an always ends up at roughly the 3 o’clock position.

Although this seems common, mine will stop in different random positions. Maybe mine is defective, but I kind of like this because it changes the strategy for MI6 drops.

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

this game is so hard, lol. the best i've managed to do- once- is light the outlane saves. never seen a multiball besides Mission

I kind of think they should have an easier setting for starting Bond MB, like allow you to collect Bonds during Mission MB (currently you can only collect one if the scoop is already lit). I've thought about narrowing my out lanes or making it easier to get an EB (after 3 Bonds instead of 4 for instance).

#605 1 year ago

Would this Bond-60th be the last game to go if you had to sell your collection? It has definitely earned my top spot. I absolutely love this pinball machine. Especially after removing all the ugly red!!!

54F5FF09-AE4C-4C76-B0C2-50F6351DE15E (resized).jpeg54F5FF09-AE4C-4C76-B0C2-50F6351DE15E (resized).jpeg
#606 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Would this Bond-60th be the last game to go if you had to sell your collection? It has definitely earned my top spot. I absolutely love this pinball machine. Especially after removing all the ugly red!!!
[quoted image]

Man I'm itching to play it! Mine can't ship fast enough!

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've thought about narrowing my out lanes or making it easier to get an EB (after 3 Bonds instead of 4 for instance).

bonds aren't the EB though, the third time you finish the rollovers is...right?

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

[quoted image]

Blue looks great!!! My T-molding showing on Thursday....played late into the evening last night...absolute blast!!

( I did elect for black chrome on the flipper buttons...Bond stealth, lol)

20230322_123907 (resized).jpg20230322_123907 (resized).jpg
#609 1 year ago

Both are EBs. Mine came default 3 Bond collects to light EB. Collecting at captive ball can be tough and dangerous shot to squeeze in there though!

#610 1 year ago

I’d like to see awards for different combos (they already have the combos- just code in some Perks like JP or something. Combining two Roger Moore movies or something). Perks/awards can be points for some but other types of awards mixed in too.

#611 1 year ago

im enjoying streaming a lot but the way the score is lit- with bright ass LEDs in front of them- means that the camera has to see through that very bright light to try to read the numbers on the reels. putting a light on the reels themselves from in front of the game seemed to help but it's awful intrusive for the player.

i do not want to put anything in the back box, like paper or window tint or something. would prefer to mitigate the effect in-camera, though me and someone smarter than me both played with settings for a couple of hours last night and couldn't dial it in.

#612 1 year ago

im enjoying streaming a lot but the way the score is lit- with bright ass LEDs in front of them- means that the camera has to see through that very bright light to try to read the numbers on the reels. putting a light on the reels themselves from in front of the game seemed to help but it's awful intrusive for the player.
i do not want to put anything in the back box, like paper or window tint or something. would prefer to mitigate the effect in-camera, though me and someone smarter than me both played with settings for a couple of hours last night and couldn't dial it in.

I wonder how DeadFlip did it for the reveal stream? Maybe we can get him to divulge the secret!

Also TomGWI (FoxCities) streamed it last night as well and the reels were visible, so there is a way for sure.

#613 1 year ago

Third time you complete the roll overs at the top lights EB. Also get EB lit for collecting 4 bonds (on default but can change that).

#614 1 year ago

im enjoying streaming a lot but the way the score is lit- with bright ass LEDs in front of them- means that the camera has to see through that very bright light to try to read the numbers on the reels.

Quoted from skink91:

I wonder how DeadFlip did it for the reveal stream? Maybe we can get him to divulge the secret!

It looked fine in my stream, just adjust the camera brightness in OBS. Please don't tell DeadFlip I gave away his secret.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#615 1 year ago

yeah y'all in a two hour stream I never thought to turn the brightness down lol

pretty sure it's just my shitty camera

#616 1 year ago

Commend you guys for streaming!! As has been proven, I'd starve if I had to make it as a photographer...not patient enough...

Broke 20k on the game last night....attacking again!!! Those in-line drops are pure misery for me..alot of danger there....

#617 1 year ago

Hey, just watch some of the stream. Thanks for posting. What pitch are you at?? I am at 6.8 and it seemed watching like it was almost completely different game. You might want to try at a steeper pitch just to see what you like best. I like the brutal speed as it seems to fit the intensity. Definitely personal preference thing though.

#618 1 year ago

the bubble is right between the hash marks. you don't think it looks like it plays fast? it plays fast, lol i also keep the tilt pretttttty tight. you can slide the game if you are skillful but if you bash it around you're gonna tilt it

in other news, just got the Bond MB for the first time. now i understand the 'gameplay changes music' setting 30k+ game, woot

edit: you got me curious so i pulled the glass and measured. 6.8 with the phone on the screen in the playfield *shrug* it could also be a fisheye effect as im still working out my rig setup

i also noticed while playing that if you collect Connery with the 60's chimes on the callout is an outtake from Dr. No but if you collect him with 70's/80's/modern sounds its from You Only Live Twice.

#619 1 year ago

Installed shaker.....great effect. 40 games in, having a blast!! "1980 Electronic" my favorite currently...

#620 1 year ago

In the club as of today. I can play the Challenge Mode if I change it in the menu to be the default game on Start, but I can't choose it or the DJ Mixer by holding down the flipper button before a game. I haven't connected to Insider yet, so maybe that's my issue? Anyone else playing the Challenge Mode/4- Ball Wizard Mode?

#621 1 year ago

nah man I want to earn that mode

#622 1 year ago

Absolutely love it. Can’t wait to have a 4 player game. Shaker motor was inside - march 8 build date.

60B441AE-BF3F-40D7-8F37-1ED5DB172176 (resized).jpeg60B441AE-BF3F-40D7-8F37-1ED5DB172176 (resized).jpegB90A6CBB-B5DC-4A84-B630-688AB550417C (resized).jpegB90A6CBB-B5DC-4A84-B630-688AB550417C (resized).jpeg
#623 1 year ago

Pitch at 6.8 to 6.9 definitely changed the flow of the shots for better, way better.
This pin is different. It is like boot camp for pinball.
Not easy but Exhilarating.
Need more time on it to give a review but I can see what it will be once I get figure out my shots. 22,300 HS on like 20 plays. It is a white knuckle ride so far.

#624 1 year ago

Could some one please let me know how many balls go in the game?

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

#626 1 year ago

can confirm the shaker is cool and will call attention to some bonuses and stuff you might not notice if you weren't looking at the screen when you got them. it shakes whenever you drop a mission multiball target and when you hit the captive ball also

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

#628 1 year ago

Awesome. Thankyou!

#629 1 year ago

Thank you too!

#630 1 year ago

Sorry....slow on the draw, lol.....playing BOND!!

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry....slow on the draw, lol.....playing BOND!!

Sensational. Happy Flipping!

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Absolutely love it. Can’t wait to have a 4 player game. Shaker motor was inside - march 8 build date.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now I’m super jealous all around - mine hasn’t shipped yet/ March 8th is my birthday and I sold my Aston last month.

#633 1 year ago

Wrapped up a great evening on Bond...almost hit 30k..just a great shooting pin!! Hard to explain, but plays completely different than anything I've flipped in memory. " Pure pinball adrenaline" is the best way I can describe it. Outstanding offering that gets better the more you play it.

Understand the topper isn't " exclusive" to this pin, but it's alot more interactive than I realized. Ties into all sorts of playfield elements. Sure seems it was made for this game..

#634 1 year ago

Got Bond 60th setup few hours ago and I was extremely skeptical if this pin would be fun after the disaster of Gomez Bond.

I stand corrected and holy shit this game is an absolute riot to play. It's fast and brutal. Has some solid flow once you get the shots figured out. The stand up targets are just waiting to punish you.

The game is different and very elegant looking. We played many 3-4 player games tonight and everyone just loved it.

I was able to play FF today and have a LE on order. Bond 60th made me smile ear to ear while FF had a little perplexed if I liked it. Lol I'm sure more time on FF and I will love it but well done Bond 60th.

PXL_20230324_010704142 (resized).jpgPXL_20230324_010704142 (resized).jpg
#635 1 year ago

Seemed like it was never going to arrive, but today was the day! I still have to get it in its proper spot and install a few mods, but today I just kept hitting the start button, playing all the different sound packages, earning achievements and not getting any work done. Great day!

Edit: Also, I busted my butt finishing up some project games and selling off some others I was never going to finish to fund this game. Mostly EM stuff, although I still have my Fireball and 4 Million BC.

A41ACD0A-3A85-47CF-81FC-BAE5CDB8EB9B (resized).jpegA41ACD0A-3A85-47CF-81FC-BAE5CDB8EB9B (resized).jpeg

#636 1 year ago

nah man I want to earn that mode

Me too

#637 1 year ago

the bubble is right between the hash marks. you don't think it looks like it plays fast? it plays fast, lol i also keep the tilt pretttttty tight. you can slide the game if you are skillful but if you bash it around you're gonna tilt it
in other news, just got the Bond MB for the first time. now i understand the 'gameplay changes music' setting 30k+ game, woot
edit: you got me curious so i pulled the glass and measured. 6.8 with the phone on the screen in the playfield *shrug* it could also be a fisheye effect as im still working out my rig setup
i also noticed while playing that if you collect Connery with the 60's chimes on the callout is an outtake from Dr. No but if you collect him with 70's/80's/modern sounds its from You Only Live Twice.

Wow great catch on the callouts!

So I played last night and rewatched some of your twitch again and I think I was wrong. When I saw the stream some of the ball movement off top of slings and in lower third (not including sling action obviously) seemed floaty. And in my head I’m thinking about my own experience playing my game which is just this game kicks my ass and it’s so freaking fast so that must be different. But I played last night and actually there are these brief periods where the balls bouncing in the lower playfield and it’s not 1000 mph. Sounds like you’re playing at the same pitch and it was just an optical, illusion or brain defect on my side

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Seemed like it was never going to arrive, but today was the day! I still have to get it in its proper spot and install a few mods, but today I just kept hitting the start button, playing all the different sound packages, earning achievements and not getting any work done. Great day!
Edit: Also, I busted my butt finishing up some project games and selling off some others I was never going to finish to fund this game. Mostly EM stuff, although I still have my Fireball and 4 Million BC.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Curious your thoughts vs TNA. For me it’s like college baseball vs mlb. Tina is fun but it’s very specific. JB60 offers.10x the shots, theme, drama, code etc.

If you told me before I bought this at changing the chimes will be some thing I cared about at all or that it had any real impact on the game experience , I would have laughed. I would have been wrong (again). It really does feel quite different which is surprising at least to me. Love that little option they included.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

But I played last night and actually there are these brief periods where the balls bouncing in the lower playfield and it’s not 1000 mph. Sounds like you’re playing at the same pitch and it was just an optical, illusion or brain defect on my side

yeah, get used to nudging the ball with the top of the slings or you're going to drain in the outlanes A LOT

Quoted from moat-pin:

It really does feel quite different which is surprising at least to me. Love that little option they included.

Listen to the way the bonus counts down between the different modes. listen to the third ball hurry up music between the different modes. listen to the mission multiball music between the different modes. listen to the way the Q(?) guy says 'nice shot' after you hit the unlit Bond scoop. listen to the sound the 80's package makes when you hit the unlit captive ball

These really are 5 discrete sound packages and they are all incredibly good. i work from home and so i am constantly tempted to play- one game on each sound package is a very nice 10 or 15 minute sesh.

#640 1 year ago

Anybody have the ball hang up on the right pop? at about 8 o'clock where the pop meets the plastic below it?

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anybody have the ball hang up on the right pop? at about 8 o'clock where the pop meets the plastic below it?

nope, once in a blue moon mine will hang up on the plastic below the left pop and above the MI6 bank. probably a leveling issue

#642 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday. This is a good game, but it is very much an underbaked game. Better flow than Gomez JB. Better music. Better art. Better layout.

Ultra basic code.

I genuinely hope some serious updates are coming. This has the potential to be worth what we all paid, but it’s nowhere near where it needs to be.

239E324B-C02F-4E7A-AF1E-0A233A89F96A (resized).jpeg239E324B-C02F-4E7A-AF1E-0A233A89F96A (resized).jpeg
#643 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Got mine yesterday. This is a good game, but it is very much an underbaked game. Better flow than Gomez JB. Better music. Better art. Better layout.
Ultra basic code.
I genuinely hope some serious updates are coming. This has the potential to be worth what we all paid, but it’s nowhere near where it needs to be.
[quoted image]

lol what

the game is at 1.0 code. we've put probably 500 games on it at my place- good players- and we've seend Bond multiball one time. maybe evaluate it a bit more first?

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Ultra basic code.
[quoted image]

what more might/should they do with code updates?

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

what more might/should they do with code updates?

I think the center LCD display is incredibly poor UI design. Flashing though all the modes like a strobe lamp? A spectre logo at the only art? This is just not up to stern standards.

I also think the immersion in the theme is just not there. I’d like to see more callouts.

I’m not saying it’s bad, just saying there Are things that could be improved.

#646 1 year ago

you should trade it back to the dealer for the cornerstone, because they've pretty much said that what you see is what you get. it's fine if it isn't your cup of tea but it's not going to change much, if at all

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I think the center LCD display is incredibly poor UI design. Flashing though all the modes like a strobe lamp? A spectre logo at the only art? This is just not up to stern standards.
I also think the immersion in the theme is just not there. I’d like to see more callouts.
I’m not saying it’s bad, just saying there Are things that could be improved.

I don't disagree. But I am strongly guessing/predicting this game is 99.9% done.

#648 1 year ago

you should trade it back to the dealer for the cornerstone, because they've pretty much said that what you see is what you get. it's fine if it isn't your cup of tea but it's not going to change much, if at all

Dude, we’re all adults here. There is no need to be so hostile. I have a different opinion than you. Give me space to have it, please.

#649 1 year ago

i'm not being hostile, i'm being direct? i didn't say you're an idiot, i said the game isn't changing, because that's what Stern said, and you've mentioned before the trade you made. no one is telling you not to have an opinion

#650 1 year ago

i'm not being hostile, i'm being direct? i didn't say you're an idiot, i said the game isn't changing, because that's what Stern said, and you've mentioned before the trade you made

If you cannot handle some mild criticism of the game, I would really suggest to log off and find a safe space.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.