IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG

There are 2,028 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 41.
#451 1 year ago

Anyone change the spring on the shooter rod? Most the time you can’t make it around the orbit to hit skill shot .

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

ps i love the 80's sound effects

Though for $20k, they really should have scheduled Duran Duran to play in your basement while you were playing it.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Okay… this is a game I can get behind. True AND hilarious.

Hope I can get through my unboxing without saying it 50 f*kn times ROTFL!!! ( going to moderate myself...for now)

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Though for $20k, they really should have scheduled Duran Duran to play in your basement while you were playing it.

This has turned into THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!

( for $20 grand, it should be)....oh sh*t...my stomach hurts from laughing ...

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

This has turned into THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!
( for $20 grand, it should be)....oh sh*t...my stomach hurts from laughing ...

Ha ha ha! I am laughing so hard my stitches are hurting..

#456 1 year ago

Just wanted to say Im really glad y'all are enjoying your new games! Fun thread to follow

#457 1 year ago

Yes, shooter rod spring wouldn’t get the ball 1/2 way up the lane. A limp noodle would work better.
I will never understand certain decisions at Stern Pinball,, but after buying your first game you will come to realize certain parts that you will need to make it your own, that’s 1/2 the fun. I suggest a red spring for a wicked fast plunge every time, make sure the playfield is positioned to where the plunger is striking the center of the ball, Must be a shortage of parts , weak springs it is !!!!! Kinda sad, just like the custom plastic Union Jack knob

#458 1 year ago

Swapped out my spring and plunger. Much better now.

IMG_9375 (resized).jpegIMG_9375 (resized).jpeg
#459 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

…just like the custom plastic Union Jack knob

Though for $20k, you’d have thought they’d also polish your knob…

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Yes, shooter rod spring wouldn’t get the ball 1/2 way up the lane. A limp noodle would work better.
I will never understand certain decisions at Stern Pinball,, but after buying your first game you will come to realize certain parts that you will need to make it your own, that’s 1/2 the fun. I suggest a red spring for a wicked fast plunge every time, make sure the playfield is positioned to where the plunger is striking the center of the ball, Must be a shortage of parts , weak springs it is !!!!! Kinda sad, just like the custom plastic Union Jack knob

+1 on the red spring....tend to change them out ( orange my favorite) on most of my games depending on skill shots, etc.

Over half the fun is dialing in each machine ...they're all different.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Swapped out my spring and plunger. Much better now.[quoted image]

That looks great!!

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Though for $20k, you’d have thought they’d also polish your knob…

Wait/ what? Was sure that feature was on the flyer....I mean, it was $20k ffs ( changed it up a bit...laughing again)..

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait/ what? Was sure that feature was on the flyer....I mean, it was $20k ffs ( changed it up a bit...laughing again)..

FFS… now we have knob-gate too??

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

FFS… now we have knob-gate too??

No dusty knobs allowed!!! Your the Op...a call to action!!! ( got your back.. )

We need a poll for something...just not sure for what yet though...

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Just wanted to say Im really glad y'all are enjoying your new games! Fun thread to follow

Thread is definitely fun. Giving it to dusty aholes, shaking nutscratchers, and shiny knobs can be quite satisfying.

#466 1 year ago

Doh! Needless to say sent it back on its way. Going to have to wait longer.

4FAE25A3-B383-40D6-8D54-F6E19FA684B0.jpeg4FAE25A3-B383-40D6-8D54-F6E19FA684B0.jpegC296B7CD-8641-4979-82E0-33988C53E6EE.jpegC296B7CD-8641-4979-82E0-33988C53E6EE.jpeg
#467 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhh.. that sucks.

Find some nice bourbon..

#468 1 year ago

sorry man that sucks

a friend of mine took delivery on my behalf of a similarly fork stuck STHLE. my heart fell when I saw it but it was okay. i wouldn't have hesitated to send mine back either if it looked like that though

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Ugh...sorry to see and hear about...sucks!

Will hope a prestine example shows up soon...

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone change the spring on the shooter rod? Most the time you can’t make it around the orbit to hit skill shot .

Red for me. Makes a world of difference.

#471 1 year ago

Not sure why peeps complaining about these art blades.
Part of the franchise

14498DCD-5C87-4478-917D-385665CCD11E (resized).jpeg14498DCD-5C87-4478-917D-385665CCD11E (resized).jpeg7D801D47-70E0-4227-8119-065E715AF2C4 (resized).jpeg7D801D47-70E0-4227-8119-065E715AF2C4 (resized).jpeg
#472 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Vitty I hope “for 20k they customize mine”

That stinks dude!!!! How long for a replacement?

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:Doh! Needless to say sent it back on its way. Going to have to wait longer.

D6B70287-74A3-4CF9-B233-E05933241881.gifD6B70287-74A3-4CF9-B233-E05933241881.gif
#474 1 year ago

I’ve been accused of having a type…

C1959D96-CCFD-4494-9066-9ACA0761E0D0 (resized).jpegC1959D96-CCFD-4494-9066-9ACA0761E0D0 (resized).jpeg
#475 1 year ago

i think this game might be its own, new, type. plays like a modern game, but with no ramps

it's fun watching people try to trap up and play it methodically like a modern stern and then eventually realize you want to smash the ball and get it flowing to score big points

shooting the hat is counterintuitive but it sure does pay off!

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not sure why peeps complaining about these art blades.
Part of the franchise [quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I missed this - Why are the art blades blank?

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

[quoted image]

Ha. Well, its definitely the RIGHT type.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

i think it was a joke

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If you have nothing on there, it is very easy to scratch up the black paint when lifting the playfield up. Guessing in the absence of strong feelings (mirror, specific art, etc.) it was decided to at least keep that ugliness from occurring. I appreciate it for sure.

#480 1 year ago

Pablo at Stern has been incredibly receptive and responsive re: this game, for what it's worth

#481 1 year ago

So, I've owned most, though not all, of the spike 2 games. Some for just a few weeks. Others a couple times.

Botton line -- Bond 60 is the most addictive game of them all. The hype thread folks would say this is my subconscious trying to find a rationale for the price. Maybe, maybe not. But its a great game. I've played this one more than many that I owned for much longer periods of time. Maybe this conclusion should not be a surprise, since I loved the Beatles too. Which I now need to find again, so I have two the same size next to each other.

Would have loved real art blades. A heavy shooter rod like JP amber. A truly exclusive topper. A shaker! Things that would have been so simple, and cheap, for Stern to provide. At any rate, it's a shame a game this great got off to such a bad start. Like so other games that got off to a slow start, I predict this one will be hard to buy some day.

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, I've owned most, though not all, of the spike 2 games. Some for just a few weeks. Others a couple times.
Botton line -- Bond 60 is the most addictive game of them all. The hype thread folks would say this is my subconscious trying to find a rationale for the price. Maybe, maybe not. But its a great game. I've played this one more than many that I owned for much longer periods of time. Maybe this conclusion should not be a surprise, since I loved the Beatles too. Which I now need to find again, so I have two the same size next to each other.
Would have loved real art blades. A heavy shooter rod like JP amber. A truly exclusive topper. A shaker! Things that would have been so simple, and cheap, for Stern to provide. At any rate, it's a shame a game this great got off to such a bad start. Like so other games that got off to a slow start, I predict this one will be hard to buy some day.

I’ve been chasing another Beatles style game ever since it was released. It’s still one of my favorite games, but I think Bond 60 is going to take it up a notch.

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’ve been chasing another Beatles style game ever since it was released. It’s still one of my favorite games, but I think Bond 60 is going to take it up a notch.

i don't mean to be coy but...you have no idea, my friend. it's kind of crazy how good it actually is

#484 1 year ago

i don't mean to be coy but...you have no idea, my friend. it's kind of crazy how good it actually is

We are pumped to get our game. I do not know of anyone in Australia that has bought one and will be taking it out of the box to play it except us.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

#486 1 year ago

Got my shaker motor yesterday and installed it.

IMG_9388 (resized).jpegIMG_9388 (resized).jpeg
#487 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Got my shaker motor yesterday and installed it.
[quoted image]

Still haven’t installed mine! Was actually debating whether to install it on my Jurassic Park instead… how’s the integration on JB60?

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Still haven’t installed mine! Was actually debating whether to install it on my Jurassic Park instead… how’s the integration on JB60?

I've only played few games with the shaker so far. You feel it a little when you hit the drops to start Mission Multiball and some of the other more important shots. It adds to the game but I don't feel it is really necessary like it might be for a game like GZ. I'd just install it and buy another one for your JP, they aren't that expensive.

#489 1 year ago

So just curious what you guys think…

500 units total right? 250 for the U.S. and 250 for European region.

How long will it be until there aren’t any NIB 60th’s left in the U.S.? I don’t know if it is 6 months or 2 years. Thoughts?

#490 1 year ago

Given the terrible roll out and backlash from the community on price, it could be a while. It depends if the game can ever get enough positive reaction from players once people get time on it. That is a complete unknown at this point.

#491 1 year ago

Wow you all weren’t kidding- this thing is SO freakin cool. Arrived yesterday and no box or inside damage (feel terrible for those that had damage but it’ll be worth the wait).

It’s so refreshing. Def has the old school scoring feel and shooting wise as well (heavy targets and spinners). The mission MB is so so well done (got a double jackpot this morning which was thrilling. Can’t remember last machine I was going for an old school jackpot on!). I generally prefer newer games but this machine just nailed it. Every captive ball hit gives me IJ flashback.

It shoots so smooth. Yes the figure 8 shot is butter/fun as expected. It’s fast (6.8) and fun. Def not long ball time pin. I can’t believe how many shots it has. The hat and Bond online targets really gives variety vs the more classic fan shots.

I think others mentioned they liked the music and sounds and I remember thinking “ehh I’m not really that excited about the sounds I only care how it shoots”. I was wrong. I get it now- the music and sounds are so well done and make it hella immersive. It makes you feel like u in a film or some pressure situation. (Mine miraculously had a shaker- build date was last week).

The brightness is fantastic. Ok they are just lights but still it makes such a difference. Lights in apron like the Alien apron mod are very welcome add so flipper area well lit.

I like screen in game a lot more than expected. I never look up and always skip scenes on modern games so not missing the lcd.

Anyway I’ll get a few more weeks worth of games in before doing review but so far it’s awesome. I like variety and in like a 4 pin collection I can see this being bolted to ground because it’s so unique.

it basically shot decently out of box but a few issues that I need to tweak (that I think most have had):

M in MI6 targets and the inline lock lane targets are bricking back (only fall with lighter/sideways hits). Others have mentioned this so I can look at fix options unless someone kind enough to remind me.

Plunger terrible- barely makes pops. replace with red/orange spring

A few shots are not consistently smooth and sometimes clunky. If I hit perfectly then it’s smooth (eg Figure 8 shot) but if little left or right it’s clunky. The far left shot to saucer also prob only goes in 50-60% of time. The kicker out of saucer doesn’t usually make it back down the orbit (think will lower power). Any others have occasional clunkiness like this? Ideas? Or is it just unforgiving and makes you pay if you don’t hit shot well.

My last number coil is not centered. Not sure how to adjust this.

6BE3ACBD-C18A-4263-ADF3-CCF32BC29B6E (resized).jpeg6BE3ACBD-C18A-4263-ADF3-CCF32BC29B6E (resized).jpegAED8B158-152E-40D8-B7AD-C593DF0E3942 (resized).jpegAED8B158-152E-40D8-B7AD-C593DF0E3942 (resized).jpeg
#492 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

My last number coil is not centered. Not sure how to adjust this.

I think I remember Mark Penacho discussing that on the DeadFlip stream… from the adjustments menu I think? Anyone else done it or remember?

#493 1 year ago

there's a step offset function for the reels in the game specific options menu. navigate there then close the coin door and you can step the reels individually until they line up.

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

So just curious what you guys think…
500 units total right? 250 for the U.S. and 250 for European region.
How long will it be until there aren’t any NIB 60th’s left in the U.S.? I don’t know if it is 6 months or 2 years. Thoughts?

Think the concept/ theme and playbility made it an instant sellout. The price made it a hard " no" for many, however. Doubt many will change hands, and NIB will vanish once the game gets traction.

Cant imagine many of the 250 US are available for much longer. Could be wrong...just my guess, and my distros thoughts

#495 1 year ago

I mean I know where I can pick one up today, NIB

#496 1 year ago

there's a step offset function for the reels in the game specific options menu. navigate there then close the coin door and you can step the reels individually until they line up.

Instead of closing the coin door, pull out the white power interlock switch so you can access the four service menu buttons while power is engaged.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Instead of closing the coin door, pull out the white power interlock switch so you can access the four service menu buttons while power is engaged.

yeah, you can do that, but you can also operate the menu with the flipper and center buttons with the coin door closed, which is helpful because even though i'm 6 ft. flat, the screen is hard to see at the angle it's mounted at.

i know it's probably just the high of a new game in the house but i'm pretty sure this game is changing my idea of what 'a fun pinball' is/can be. planning three shots ahead is amazingly fun. i hope all elwin's games are like this now. seriously. who needs a ramp?

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

[quoted image]

epic line up. just need big game for a snap!

#499 1 year ago

What pin would you owners compare this game to?
I was in, then out, and now I am really thinking I want one.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What pin would you owners compare this game to?
I was in, then out, and now I am really thinking I want one.

That’s a tough one for me honestly, because it really is such a hybrid of all the things I like about a bunch of different early solid-states but at the same time also really shoots like a new Stern. Feels like a copout to say, but Beatles is probably the closest single game to compare it with I think?

Really interested to hear what others would pick to compare it to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
14,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,028 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/10?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.