8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Ok,,, not the greatest pin, but it was free which makes 3 free in a year.Genius. Do you ever turn down a free pin? Yes it needs work but nothing crazy. I talked the guy down to $200 and when I got there I was going to leave without it. But I walked away with it for the cost of gas. So no matter the condition do you still take? Or are you cleaning up someone's junk...... My opinoin,, pins never junk, they might think that but its my life. And u?

#2 8 years ago

Where'd u get it? Cl?

#3 8 years ago

The stang, what's up man... Ya was on cl

#4 8 years ago

I was on the road all day yest...picked up a gumball pinball for the kids to

#5 8 years ago

If you're there and the gas is spent, the worst thing that could happen is you end up throwing that free pin off of your roof in a strange promotion.

#6 8 years ago

Promotion lol ok ok its a new sport roof pin throwing.! It will be on pay per view.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinsrus:

Do you ever turn down a free pin?

Are you kidding!!! I just prayin' and waiting for someone to give me a freebie I mean even if you decide to part it out it's a win/win for ya!!!!

#8 8 years ago

Exactly, even if I can't get it mint its still worth something.. gota love it.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

the worst thing that could happen is you end up throwing that free pin off of your roof in a strange promotion.

Fling it. Monte Python never flung a pinball

I think there are a lot I might pass on out there. I've seen some with water damage that are beyond salvage or parts value even free - i.e., not even worth the sweat equity.

That being said, I do find I'm on a constant look out in a 400 mile radius for the low ball pins outta ppls garages and sheds that are a day trip away. Many are just trying to get rid of them for either nothing or way too much (emotional attachment). I don't bother trying to argue the emotional attachment - one never wins. I have a couple low priced ones lined up that I plan to visit if only to walk away (perhaps) and see if I can get it gratis. I think many would not pass up the chance to just get rid of a pin - and an old EM especially - that they beleive is beyond salvage.

#10 8 years ago

I can't imagine how bad it would have to be for me to walk away from a free pin. I did manage to get a Bally Black Jack for $140. It was in pretty bad shape - my first restoration, and I spent WAY more in parts than it was worth. But even still, I'd do it again. The knowledge gained, and the fun of doing the project was worth it to me.

#11 8 years ago

Thankyou yes...if u love pins it doesn't matter

#12 8 years ago

I doubt I'm going to rebuild this Sky Divers I got for free. The local pinball/arcade/etc store has offered me $100 in credit and will pick it up .. prolly going to go that route. I'll maybe pick out a nice neon sign or something they have. I like the Coca Cola one they have with transformer for $99.95

#13 8 years ago

hey Brokedad why dont you list it as a project for $300 ?
    -thats what the guys at the pin store are going to do

#14 8 years ago

I like Jacks to Open. Very simple and relaxing.

#15 8 years ago

jacks open or jacks to open

#16 8 years ago

It would have to be pretty bad for me to walk away from free machine.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I think there are a lot I might pass on out there. I've seen some with water damage that are beyond salvage or parts value even free - i.e., not even worth the sweat equity.

Currently $0.99. But would anyone here cross a county line much less a state line to pick this up even if it was free?

ebay.com link » 1974 Williams Super Flite Pinball Machine

#18 8 years ago

well it's missing the chime unit and perhaps one of the jones plugs
    someone must of been raiding it as a parts store so who knows what else is missing?
    fun winter project ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Star Wars Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside