Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drop Target Mech Snippet Jacks Open (resized).JPG

#1 11 months ago

I have a question about the game play of my Jacks Open regarding specials.

The drop targets sequence from jacks to queens to full house to royal flush to only royal flush for special.

Once the targets are all knocked down for special it awards the special. But the targets do not come back up.

My recollection from back in the day the royal flush targets were supposed to reset for another crack at the special?

Dies your game play differently than mine?

#2 11 months ago

Yes, they’re suppose to reset.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Yes, they’re suppose to reset.

Thanks. That’s what I remembered.

#5 11 months ago

Thanks.

#6 11 months ago

Hey Mike, there's a reason the JO in that video works flawlessly

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Hey Mike, there's a reason the JO in that video works flawlessly

Are you offering to work on mine?

#8 11 months ago

Well you couldn’t go wrong with Scott working on your machine! If you are lucky enough to get him.

Quoted from MikeO:

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

LOL, no. I know you can cure whatever ails your game.

That's my game, or used to be, in the video. SteamVette is the new caretaker. Hated to give it up but time to move on to something else.

#10 11 months ago

So my game gets all the way to where you have special lit and only the red royal flush targets grouping up. The black targets have been knocked down. Once the red targets are knocked down a credit is awarded but they do not reset.

Unfortunately the game is not convenient to me. It's at my parents house in Michigan and I am only there a few times a year for short periods. I was there this past weekend but didn't get to spend much time on it. I did take a picture of the schematic and it appears to me a cut communication line between the 3 and 4 positions on the sequence unit could exhibit the symptom I'm having, which appears to limit to one the number of games a player can win when the special is lit. Does anyone think that would be the next spot to look for what would keep the drop targets from resetting and keeping the drop target trip coil from dropping the black targets?

Drop Target Mech Snippet Jacks Open (resized).JPG
#11 11 months ago

Mike, I'd say your problem is definitely somewhere in the sequence unit. The targets are resetting normally up to that point, and that indicates the sequence unit to me.

1 week later
#12 10 months ago

Hey, Mike, one of the times we met I think I mentioned to you my JO had the same problem. Turned out a prior owner (commercial operator?) had hacked the special to your situation. Presumably this was done to hold down scores/replays. Took Timme in Seattle to unwind. Huge fun difference maker. Scored personal high 210,960 the other day.

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from Blutarsky:

Hey, Mike, one of the times we met I think I mentioned to you my JO had the same problem. Turned out a prior owner (commercial operator?) had hacked the special to your situation. Presumably this was done to hold down scores/replays. Took Timme in Seattle to unwind. Huge fun difference maker. Scored personal high 210,960 the other day.

Kent, Thanks for that reply. It had crossed my mind.

Do you recall what wire you had to replace/correct?

#14 10 months ago

It took quite a while to flesh it out. Let me check with Tim and get back.

#15 10 months ago

Hi Mike

I really don't know what is going on at the right side without the legend saying what bank 5B and P are doing.

On the left side where the sequence unit advances from zero to four, there is a tie between three and four that, if broken, would prevent the target bank from resetting after completing the red targets.

We know that the sequence unit is advancing to four because the trip coil is firing when it reaches position four.

Kevin

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from Kevin_Wing:

Hi Mike
I really don't know what is going on at the right side without the legend saying what bank 5B and P are doing.
On the left side where the sequence unit advances from zero to four, there is a tie between three and four that, if broken, would prevent the target bank from resetting after completing the red targets.
We know that the sequence unit is advancing to four because the trip coil is firing when it reaches position four.
Kevin

5B is all four suit lanes at the top of the playfield made.

P is the target bank reset relay.

I was thinking that 3 to 4 link on the sequence unit also. This would be the first time I had a game an operator modified if it turns out to be the issue. I'll look at it next time I'm at my parent's house which will be a few months.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 208.87
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside