Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jacks Open 100 point relay (resized).jpg
16433913250596694691678077105859 (resized).jpg
Jacks Open scoring switch (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello All,
I've been involved with pinball on and off for 20+ years...electrical issues are not my strong point, but I get by with what I've learned....now I have a Jack's Open with multiple scoring issues..first, no points scored when targets, side roll overs, pop bumpers are engaged....only the rollovers at the top of the playfield work...I have game schematic, but no luck so far. I've been checking various solenoid ohms, contacts, etc...any help appreciated.

#2 2 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!
I've suggested to the moderators your inquiry be moved to the EM tech area so the most skilled EM people here might see it.

Can you post part of the schematic? Since Gottlieb documents are not generally available online I can't look anything up for you.
I'm looking for any common wires in some of the switches you're having problems with.

#3 2 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer is right. Chances are that the Motor 1C switch in the red box isn't closing or is dirty:
Jacks Open scoring switch (resized).jpgJacks Open scoring switch (resized).jpg
That would take out most of the scoring.

/Mark

#4 2 years ago

Wizard719 reports: "Cleaned and inspected, but no change...opening sequence (Jacks)don't
score...rest of sequences do...side rollovers and pop bumpers still don't
score...Jones pins cleaned"

What about jumpering around that switch? Would that get him anywhere?

Might have to PM him at first, not sure he's got a link to his thread since it moved to EM Tech.

1 month later
#5 2 years ago

Some initial problems solved, but 100 points and 1000 points score together only when 100 point pop bumpers and rollover switches are activated

16433913250596694691678077105859 (resized).jpg16433913250596694691678077105859 (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Wizard719:

Some initial problems solved, but 100 points and 1000 points score together only when 100 point pop bumpers and rollover switches are activated

Generally, this indicates a problem on the carryover switch in the 100s score reel. Make sure it is open and does not close until the score reel is on 9.

#7 2 years ago

It might also be one of the make/break switches that changes the value of a rollover from 100 to 1000. If both sides of the switch are closed you'd get 100 and 1000 points.

Jacks Open 100 point relay (resized).jpgJacks Open 100 point relay (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-scoring-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.