I purchased a player quality Jacks Open last fall. The intent was to clean it up, get it working and just enjoy it. That didn’t work. The ball kept getting stuck in the inserts, the targets snapped and I wasn’t able to handle the appearance of the planking. I decided to fix the wood on the cabinet followed by a repaint and to strip the playfield, fill the inserts, repaint everything followed by decals and auto clear.
Two months ago I started on the playfield and today I decided to start sharing my progress. The inserts have been filled, everything has been airbrushed and I have applied several coats of clear. Certainly not perfect, but a good start. I will apply decals in the next few weeks before more clear and will then move on to the cabinet. Before pictures.