20200622_144423 (resized).jpg
20200622_144414 (resized).jpg
20200622_144410 (resized).jpg
20200622_144408 (resized).jpg
20200622_144405 (resized).jpg
lables-time (resized).jpg
lables-time (resized).jpg
mystery-labels (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm currently shopping out a Jacks Open that I picked up. As a part of running through things I've been replacing the cards and labels that are used throughout the machine. Motor board / Cabinet mechs/relays have been gone through and are done.

Right now I'm working on the backbox and a majority of the relay, score reel and stepper labels have come off or are missing.
When I'm done with the backbox, I'll be moving on to the underside of the playfield.

Here's an image of the labels that I found in the cabinet with notes regarding what I know about them.
mystery-labels (resized).jpgmystery-labels (resized).jpg

I'd like to figure out where they all go, as well as determine what other labels I'm missing (and the wording for them.)

My giant list of questions:

1 - I know this goes on the stepper on the underside of the playfield. Are there any other labels for that stepper? #6?

2 - I know these go on the backs of score reels. Does each score reel get one? Which ones if not?

3 - Relay C on underside of playfield. Missing labels for relays B and Z. I assume these should read "Center pop bumper relay" and "Series relay"?

4 - 00-90 AS relay - where on the bracket does this go?

5 - 10 pt relay bracket. Similar labels for 100 and 1000 pt relays. What labels go on the AX "Reset completed relay" and JX "100,000 relay" interlock relays?

6 - Unknown - I assume this goes on the sequence unit somewhere?

7 - One of the score reels? Location?

8 - Unknown - maybe on the replay unit?

9 - Replay Unit / Credit wheel stepper. Any other labels for the stepper? #8?

10 - Backs of the score reels. Does each score reel get one? Which ones if not?

#4 3 years ago

I've actually figured a load of this out through a lot of googling and some folks in a facebook group.

here's where things stand now - I think this is all correct.

lables-time (resized).jpglables-time (resized).jpg

Still not sure on label wording for the 100,000 interlock relay in the head and the center pop and reset relays under the playfield, though I assume they're the obvious "100,000 relay", "Center Pop Bumper Relay" and "Reset Relay"

Also wondering about any additional labels for the sequence unit.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll look on the one I have and take pictures. It will be a couple of days I'll try tomorrow but can't promise. I know alot had fallen off of mine too.
Was thinking go to ipdb.org and look at other Gottlieb single player games from the mid 70's they may have better pictures.

Hey thanks! no worries on the timeframe - I'm still mid shop out on most of the guts of the backbox and haven't gotten to the underside of the playfield yet. I actually found a few of what I was missing by looking at some Abracadabra pics. I might keep looking around. But man oh man does it seem that most of these things have fallen off everyone's machines.

If yours happens to have it - can you check for that larger label I have listed under the ball count unit. The wording on it makes me think it might actually be on the sequence stepper.

Edit - looks like a couple were in the wrong spot. one label moved over to ball count stepper, another over to sequence.
lables-time (resized).jpglables-time (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-help-with-label-placement-wording?tu=Beatnik-Filmstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.