• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hailrazer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I need help with a Jacks Open.

Is the ball advance coil supposed to be energized from when the 1st ball is ejected to the plunger until you drain the last ball?

#3 7 years ago

OK so the coil is off. When the first ball goes over the switch it turns on the coil and advances to Ball 1. But then the coil stays on? I can hear it humming. Is that normal? Then when it finally advances to the last ball the coil turns off. Right?

#5 7 years ago

Yes the step up coil. The one facing downward. It is always "on". I've verified it by detaching one of the coils wires and it turns off.
But it still advances the switch until the last ball. It then turns off.
I don't leave it on long. Just long enough to test it.

#7 7 years ago

OK, so not having a manual, what should I be looking for? What could be closed forcing it to stay energized?

#14 7 years ago

Every time the ball goes to the shooter lane the o relay drops down and the back up.

#16 7 years ago

Dang. It WAS the ball trough switch. Never noticed that the thicker middle tab was touching the top of the switch. Thought it had paper between the 2. Pulled it down a bit and the coil releases properly now.

Thanks for the help

#18 7 years ago

Lol. Yes they do.

Now what's the secret to switch from 3 to 5 ball play. Or is that broke on mine also.

#21 7 years ago

Another question.

On the coin door, does the coil attached to the "bar" for the coinmechs stay energized. Mine does.

And when I coin up with the coin switches it resets the coin counter reel to zero and starts a game. Like it's on freeplay, but I didn't do a freeplay mod. And it wasn't doing this a few days ago.

Thanks guys, gonna get this one working soon

#24 7 years ago

Yep that was it. Thanks.

Now about the coil on the coin door for the coin mechanic. Mine is off on power up. Then it energizes at coin up and stays that way even after the game is over. Is that normal?

#26 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

You guys are the best.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

To switch from 3 to 5 ball play,
There is a jones plug for this, should have a label, probably underside of playfield.

Thanks that did the trick.

Unfortunately was going to change it, left the ball in and broke a drop target in half

NOS replacement was only $5 but crap it looks like a decent amount of work to change it out.

1 week later
#31 7 years ago

I got it replaced. Had to desolder all the wires to the switches and coils. Then loosened the backplate, popped off the spring and slid out the old one. Put the spring on the new one, slid it in and used needle nose pliers to re-attach the spring. Put it all back together, remounted it and re-soldered everything.

Works perfect now and everything is running smoothly.

Thanks for all the help guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-help-needed?tu=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.