(Topic ID: 311967)

Jacks Open drops won’t reset in 5 ball mode

By TheShadowsNose

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Just picked up a Jacks Open and it has a couple of issues I’m hoping to sort out.

Drop targets work perfectly in 3 ball mode, but when switched to 5 ball they aren’t resetting properly.

When you knock down the first pair of jacks the targets don’t reset. Drops also don’t reset if you knock down the entire target bank. So, basically, in 5 ball mode the drops don’t reset at all.

It’s my first EM so I’m a little lost, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#3 2 years ago

Yep, all features work properly in 3 ball mode.

#6 2 years ago

Did you check the switches behind the jack targets as described in your other topic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-targets-not-resetting#post-6832357

#7 2 years ago

Yeah, Seems MarkG gave you the solution 4 days ago in the other thread. In 5 ball mode, your drop targets are not registering that they are all down so they don't reset. One of those drop target switches (that MarkG mentioned) is probably remaining open. In 3 ball mode, it works because that path is closed elsewhere by the setting of the 3/5 ball feature jack, this is done to make the sequence easier to achieve with just 3 balls.

#8 2 years ago

Sorry. New to EMs, so thought I had checked what he suggested by making sure both jacks worked in 3 ball, as the black jack would have to work in order for the game to advance (I think?). Will look again and see if I can figure out which one isn't registering. I'm not sure what the manual means by "the jacks are spotted" in 3 ball mode, as on mine you still need to knock down the jacks to advance to "shoot for 3 queens".

#9 2 years ago

So I guess there is something not working in 3 ball as well, since those jacks don't seem to be spotted right off the bat?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-drops-wont-reset-in-5-ball-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.