Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Jack's Open (resized).jpg
JOPF (resized).jpg
Jacks Open score reels (resized).jpg
CF PF (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boltronix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Yes I missed with the switches and steppers, cleaning and adjusting simply to maintain\improve its performance. Not what happened. It WAS working just fine.
The game seems to start perfect resetting everything and will progress thru all balls and end. What it doesn't do is progress thru the pair of jacks than three queens, etc. even though you knock them down. What it does do is run all the score reels like crazy. ALL reels go round and round when you hit anything (I should check anything closer but most anything).

Why did I touch it? We all know why, maybe. It was working just fine. It is very clean and in super nice condition.

Looking for some experienced pointers till I get to it this weekend.

Thanks in advance I will provide more detail as needed.

Why, I ask you, Why did I adjust everything than try it. Steve Young keeps telling me one thing at a time............

CF PF (resized).jpgCF PF (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

What the heck??? Please ignore that CF playfield don't know how that got there!

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Mark,

I basically did not adjust anything just cleaned manually tested everything. When I get home Friday I will dig back into this. Just to clarify all reels reset to zero when I start a game. When the ball is in play and hitting switches and targets is when the reels go crazy. I will look at the relays you mention. Yeah it does act like the reels are resetting during gameplay.

Can't wait to dig back into it. I will post back as soon as I check things out.........again.

Thanks,

Walt

JOPF (resized).jpgJOPF (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Thanks guys first thing I will do in "unverkock" those drop targets! that will solve why when I hit the 2 jacks the sequence does not progress!!!

7 months later
#10 5 years ago

OK the targets have been corrected! The game starts, all reels go to zero and score motor stops and you can play and the game ends as it should 3 ball or 5 ball game. I cleaned and properly adjusted all switches (apparently not). While playing the score reels act the same as I describe below when I manually press relays.

The issue is,

In the backbox when I manually press the 10's relay the 10's reel turns just fine. When I manually press the 100's relay the 100's, 1,000's and 10,000 relays pull in and these three reels turn. When I manually press the 1,000's relay the 1,000's, and 10,000 relays pull in and these two score reels turn. I am going to get back to it tomorrow morning.

As EM's are for me sometimes when I clean/adjust all relays the game works great other times ..............not so much. I have the schematics and will start reading them tomorrow.

There is not that much to this pin, good grief!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Walt from Plamerton

#13 5 years ago

Thanks,

i will reply after i take a look

#14 5 years ago

i wish i new what the state of the switches on this jacks open are when the score reel is at the 9, 0 and 1 positions

#15 5 years ago

can anyone confirm state of the switches on a jacks open when the score reel is at the 9, 0 and 1 positions?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boltronix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-open-1?tu=Boltronix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.