• Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fuzzyslipperflipper.jpg
skull.JPG
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I've spoken to many people about WOZ over the last couple of years, pinheads and casual players alike, and quite a few have been quick to mention not liking the low scoring. You can throw out all the explanations and arguments in the world in defense of it, many of which do make sense, but at the end of the day there are still a bunch of people who dislike it. As someone who will be trying to use this game to make money, I consider this kind of polarization a bad thing.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I know I watch beach volleyball ONLY because of the scoring. Mmm hm.

Big fan of Phil Dalhauser are you ? LOL

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Soccer is a great example. Lots of folks don't watch it because of the scoring.

The most popular sporting event in the world?

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

The most popular sporting event in the world?

Yes, but in the states it lags and scoring has a lot to do with that. I don't feel that way but hear it often.
And with WOZ being a very US based movie I would think thats the majority of the targeted customer base. Not that selling games all around the world is bad either.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yes, but in the states it lags and scoring has a lot to do with that. I don't feel that way but hear it often.
And with WOZ being a very US based movie I would think thats the majority of the targeted customer base. Not that selling games all around the world is bad either.

We can agree to disagree. Most exciting sports games in the US are won by one goal or one point.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The EOS switches likely have two uses. Changing lanes and to refire the power side of the coil if a ball comes down hard enough to push the flipper down enough to open the switch.

Good point. Although the flipper button switches could handle the first, I think.

#107 11 years ago

I don't have an opinion one way or the other as to which is better (higher or lower scoring.) But I am a little concerned about not having one definitive way of scoring on a given game. You lose all reference to how good a score was when you don't know what "multiplier" setting was used. Will we always have to qualify our scores by saying I got XXX,XXX using X multiplier?

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Will we always have to qualify our scores by saying I got XXX,XXX using X multiplier?

If you know the multiplier just divide and you have the "normal" score

#109 11 years ago

The scoring is a moot point as Jack alluded to the possibility of having options for scoring, so those needing to see a 10,000,000,000,000 score will be statisfied.

#110 11 years ago

I like the Wizard of Oz. I like the Tin Man.

Discussion? Argument?

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I like the Wizard of Oz. I like the Tin Man.
Discussion? Argument?

Well, he's a horrid abomination. Who would make a man out of tin anyway? Make a man out of metal and then send him out to cut down trees in the weather? It rains and he's all froze up with corrosion. I mean really...pffft!

The world of Oz would be better off without him!

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Well, he's a horrid abomination. Who would make a man out of tin anyway? Make a man out of metal and then send him out to cut down trees in the weather? It rains and he's all froze up with corrosion. I mean really...pffft!

Dorothy has an oil can in her bag to take care of that. However, in these modern times, does she adhere to the MSDS for that oil. And should she be concerned if any drips in the Scarecrow's corn field?

#113 11 years ago

Better question what were Dorothy's plans that necessitated needed to bring a can of lube with her?

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Better question what were Dorothy's plans that necessitated needed to bring a can of lube with her?

Yup, and she's hangin' with three dudes....

#115 11 years ago

Well, Judy Garland was not so pure and innocent.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Racist! See, this is why people from my generation don't need high scoring pinballs to make us feel better. We're not racists! Jersey Jack must have calculated on this, and I can see why. But before I get into that, let me tell you a few things about business. First, it's dog eat dog. I know this because I used to work at a dog food business. You do not want to know what's in there, seriously. Second, business is business. This may seem self explanatory, or even self defining, but, my point being, business is business and I'm not sure what that means but I am sure there's something in this sentence we can argue about for a while. Third, I think it's pretty clear that your disparaging statements about tin are a backhanded comment about Stern's business model.

Now, let me tell you what Jersey Jack is thinking and why he's doing what he's doing, and where he's doing it. You see, it's so simple that you've probably over . . . Hold on, my boss is firing me. I'm going to have to get back to you on this.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

1. The flippers are now fully adjustable, only the game to the far left had the lower flippers adjusted to the highest setting, and yes you could most definitely tell the difference if you played all three machines.

They must have made that adjustment after I played that machine, which had super weak flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jacks-mpe-talk-today/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.