Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The visor motor in my Jackbot seems a bit loud. I don't have a recording of it handy, but on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a Red Tremor Shaker Motor, I'd put this visor motor at about a five. It works fine, but it just seems really... grindy. Is my experience unique, or are these motors naturally kind of loud?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

The visor motor in my Jackbot seems a bit loud. I don't have a recording of it handy, but on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a Red Tremor Shaker Motor, I'd put this visor motor at about a five. It works fine, but it just seems really... grindy. Is my experience unique, or are these motors naturally kind of loud?

I've never thought it was considerably loud but not sure how to measure that.

If you are really concerned, you could send it off to PBR to have it rebuilt.

These motors are not easy to find - they were used ONLY on Jackbot (not pinbot) and Attack From Mars. Pinball Parts Australia does have them NOS I believe.

I've opened one up before...really nothing there to service its just a bunch of gears and goop. I wouldn't recommend taking it apart unless you really know what you are doing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-visor-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.