Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Chip (resized).jpg
Inked55adff8778aa08799ca9d80702b1d93c0aa38aa4_LI (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I'm fairly new to pinball, and I recently got a JackBot about a month ago. The playfield was fairly dirty, but I made sure to clean and wax it. First time I waxed it, the playfield was perfectly fine. Last week, I waxed it again and really didn't pay much attention to the playfield. Anyway, today I decided to put new rubber on the machine and had to remove the mini playfield and track. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a small chip in the playfield that wasn't there before. I don't know what could have caused it or how to fix it, but I'm pissed off. Any ideas or suggestions? I've included some pictures.

Inked55adff8778aa08799ca9d80702b1d93c0aa38aa4_LI (resized).jpgInked55adff8778aa08799ca9d80702b1d93c0aa38aa4_LI (resized).jpgPinball_Chip (resized).jpgPinball_Chip (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

look up Vid's guide to playfield restoration;

I'd guess...hit the area with a small rag with naptha on it (to clear wax and residue), hit it again with a small rag soaked in 90% isopropyl alcohol, use a couple fine paint pens or tooth picks with the matching paint colors to fill in the chips, then cover it with a fine layer of clear coat and/or a small square of mylar.

Good luck!

#3 3 years ago

You got 2 options realistically, both end in covering the area with a bit of mylar.

Try to touch it up with paint or don't. Black should be very easy, and the orange shouldn't be too bad as it's a small amount.

Dropped tool would be my guess?

#4 2 years ago

Thats a easy touch-up. Try " posca" paint pens. They are great! Then dab some clear nail-polish ontop to protect it.

#5 2 years ago

Good news! It just turned out to a piece of wood or something that got stuck to the playfield. After rubbing at it, it came loose and the playfield is perfectly fine! Thanks everyone for the helpful tips!

#6 2 years ago

Haha...those are the best problems to have!

#7 2 years ago

I was kind of wondering how a tool could have made a gouge like that in Diamondplate unless they dropped it from the ceiling. I mean it's not indestructible but it's pretty darn tough

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-playfield-touch-up?hl=mr_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.