Jackbot pinball resetting only at start of game

By GameGenius1

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I have a friend of mine who owns a Jackbot pinball game that intermittently resets. The reset happens just after starting a new game only. We've already replaced the bridge rectifier that powers the 12 volt & 5 volt side, a CPU chip with bent pins (one of them fell off after a previous owner didn't properly seat it), and recently fixed a bad trace that didn't dim the general illumination lights. We also resocketed the PIC chip and the two ribbon connectors from the CPU board and the dot matrix display board. We even resocketed the ribbon connector on the fliptronic & sound boards. It seems that when the pinball machine is turned on for some time, it starts acting up. We've tried testing the drop target reset coil and launch feeder coil in test mode and it wouldn't reset at all.

Suggestions, anyone?

#2 9 years ago

Ha, mine does that too! Interesting...

#3 9 years ago

Temporarily jumper across the thermistor inside the main power switch box to see if the problem goes away. If it does, change it.

If not, check the reset section of pinwiki for WPC games.

#4 9 years ago

He should sell that game to me, problem solved.

#5 9 years ago

Is it only when a new game is being started, just after another one ended?

If so, it's a well-known software bug. No cause for alarm, and nothing can be done to fix it. Just tell your friend not to hit the start button again during the match sequence or just after.

3 years later
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is it only when a new game is being started, just after another one ended?
If so, it's a well-known software bug. No cause for alarm, and nothing can be done to fix it. Just tell your friend not to hit the start button again during the match sequence or just after.

that's funny, I've been playing this game for a little while and have never seen it before. All the sudden it happened twice with in 6 games. I was thinking it was a software glitch, but have seen so many games with resets that happen mid-game that I wasn't sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-pinball-resetting-only-at-start-of-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.