• Jack Bot 20 votes
    38%
  • Demolition Man 29 votes
    55%
  • Neither (explain) 4 votes
    8%

(53 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Hey all! I've got a chance to buy a Jack Bot or a Demolition Man. They're both from the same source, both routed but in decent shape, and priced comparably I believe. I've only got the cash and/or space for one right now.

Which would you choose? Why?

#2 10 years ago

I should mention, my current collection is: Totem (Gottlieb System 1), Space Shuttle, Bad Cats, Getaway, Fish Tales, and Judge Dredd. I've got a lot of fast, flowy games.

(I've got some strong leanings one way, but would love some Pinside discussion)

#3 10 years ago

Jackbot all day and twice on Sunday.... Demolition Man is fun, but a little shallow in the rules department and really a waste of real estate on the left hand side of the playfield. Jackbot is a fancy Pinbot, but with much better rules.

#4 10 years ago

BBH, son...Jackbot is pretty bitch'n though. Watch out, because it is the kind of game that doesn't take any shit.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

BBH, son...Jackbot is pretty bitch'n though. Watch out, because it is the kind of game that doesn't take any shit.

Ain't that the truth. I set Jackbot at about 8 degrees, tightened the tilt silly, and dialed it in to be super sensitive.... I think my average ball time is right around 15 seconds.... The game is mean....

#6 10 years ago

If you like a challenging game with VERY short ball times, Jackbot is the way to go. It is very rewarding when you have a good game on it, but it is pretty rare when that happens.

Shopping/repairing Demo Man is a pain, a few people i've talked to that have owned one said it was one of the worst games they've taken apart. Jackbot is on the opposite side of the scale, being very easy.

#7 10 years ago

Well if it was my game room, Demo Man (which happens to be in my game room). Sure, people say it is a bit shallow. So what. It is a fun game. Make sure you have good flippers in it, and open the out lanes all the way. Smooth and fast.

#8 10 years ago

I like the whole Pinbot series, but don't care for the card theme on Jackbot. The gameplay is fun though. I don't think it can compare to Demo Man though. I play Demo Man about as often as I play STTNG. It is just a fun game. I did like the movie though, so my opinion of the them may be higher than most.

#9 10 years ago

Haven't played either one of them.

#10 10 years ago

I've had DM for about 4 months now. I will agree with anyone that says the rules are shallow. That being said, it is still difficult to get all the way through all of the multiball modes and get demolition time. Open the outlanes and this game is plenty challenging and a ton of fun.

#11 10 years ago

Jackbot all the way. 100%. I have tried to love DM, but it bores the snot out of me. It's got some cool ramps and I like the grips, but overall, just does nothing for me really. Jackbot, is essentially Pinbot recycled with a DMD and the gambling theme is really, really cool. You can even cheat on it with the gambling! It's just plain fun gameplay, a great light show and a cool take on the theme.

#12 10 years ago

Typically I would say, Demo man - but since you have a Judge Dredd - Im saying Jackbot. Demo man for me plays a lot like JD as far as flow goes, wide body etc.

Jackbot is fast and can be brutal - thats what I like

#13 10 years ago

Personal preference.

Demolition Man. I'm partial to licensed themes.

I have never ever gotten into the whole Pinbot theme, not even into card themed machines at all. Maybe I was molested by a deck of cards as a fetus. *shrug*

#14 10 years ago

I owned a Pinbot and I just got a DEMO man. Two very different machines to be sure but I enjoy them both. You really can't go wrong.

#15 10 years ago

Hollywood Heat.... no doubt about it. Best game ever BY FAR.

#16 10 years ago

DM, cause it just feels good to hit the ramps! There was a thread started last week where they powercoated black...pretty beastly!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-wblack-armor-and-handles

#17 10 years ago

I play my Jackbot every night. It is a very fun, simple pin. Sound and lights on it are great.

#18 10 years ago

I would look for something else first TBH, but Jackbot over DM very very easily.

#19 10 years ago

Jackbot over Demo Man and Pinbot all day long.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm going to pick a game up on Tuesday. I'll try them both before I buy, though I've pretty well got my mind made up.

#21 10 years ago

Jackbot, hands down, imho. Hope you enjoy the new pin, whichever one you choose!

#22 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Jack*Bot. My girlfriend and I played some Demo Man at the Ohio show, and it did nothing for either of us. Looks like the gameplay would be too similar to Dredd (which I do love.)

Also, I appear to have a major hard-on for Barry Oursler. My last two pins were Bad Cats and Space Shuttle.

#23 10 years ago

Space Shuttle is also one of my favorite pins. (see my profile) I think you've made the right decision!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from balbers:

Space Shuttle is also one of my favorite pins. (see my profile) I think you've made the right decision!

Thanks! And that's awesome - Space Shuttle is pretty much tied with Getaway as my most loved pin. Seeing as my girlfriend and my friends and I who are into pinball are mostly car people, that speaks volumes about how damn good Space Shuttle is.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Thanks! And that's awesome - Space Shuttle is pretty much tied with Getaway as my most loved pin. Seeing as my girlfriend and my friends and I who are into pinball are mostly car people, that speaks volumes about how damn good Space Shuttle is.

You're very welcome! I know Space Shuttle is knocked a bit in the pinside ratings, but it works for me! I'm happy for you; enjoy the new (I assume) Jack*Bot! I know I would! BTW, if you haven't read my review of Space Shuttle...I was actually playing that pin table when the news broke of the Challenger disaster. How ironic.

#26 10 years ago

Tough call. I'd say DM by a slight margin but only if the claw is disabled so you can't cycle through lock freezes over and over. Both are fun games.

#27 10 years ago

Not even close Demolition man by a mile... I've owned a Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot (which is the best IMO but rather easy) and Jackbot. Demo-man is built like a tank and the sound is so much better than any of the Pinbots.. All the Pinbots are very easy to play, Demolition is very difficult to master. I've had Demo-Man for a few years now and I've only got to Cryo poison multiball a few times( unless you cheat that is, extra ball).. The ramps are awesome on it there's just a strange feeling when you hit all the combos. I think it's a mans game...

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

That's too bad. I'd take the SS off you anytime. Really want to find a project machine. If the backglass were available I'd consider building one from scratch, I'll find one sometime,.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Not even close Demolition Man by a mile... I've owned a Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot (which is the best IMO but rather easy) and Jackbot. Demo-man is built like a tank and the sound is so much better than any of the Pinbots.. All the Pinbots are very easy to play, Demolition is very difficult to master. I've had Demo-Man for a few years now and I've only got to Cryo poison multiball a few times( unless you cheat that is, extra ball).. The ramps are awesome on it there's just a strange feeling when you hit all the combos. I think it's a mans game...

Haven't you been trying to sell that one for the past month?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

That's too bad. I'd take the SS off you anytime. Really want to find a project machine. If the backglass were available I'd consider building one from scratch, I'll find one sometime,.

I hear repro backglasses were made at one point. I've got what I thought was a NOS backglass, but may have been repro - it's too nice.

Mine was a project - cosmetically really nice (for a Shuttle), but the MPU board was screwed up. Thankfully, Barakandl was able to fix it. If I see one come up, I'll let you know!

And, if you're ever in the area, you're welcome to try mine.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Haven't you been trying to sell that one for the past month?

Yes, I am selling mine. It will probably be gone soon. I've got a few people that want it.. Like I said before I've had all the Pinbots and they are great games, but I like demolition man better.. For what it's worth my wife and kids like the Pinbots..

#32 10 years ago

JackBot! There's nothing else in your collection that's like it really so I think it would be a great fit.

#33 10 years ago

If you haven't seen any of my previous threads, I am rewriting the rules for DM - I have 20+ beta testers and a few are running my code full time now. Expect a final release in the next month or 2. All that is required is a rom swap - no hardware to buy.

#34 10 years ago

Demo Man is the better game IMO. I've owned both of them and grew tired of Jackbot faster than DM. The outlanes on JB are also drain monsters.

#35 10 years ago

That's easy. Both.

Hoard away!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-or-demolition-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.