20150406_170821.jpg
FB_IMG_1420785836954.jpg
20150108_231524.jpg
20150127_101713.jpg
20141103_114209.jpg
20141103_114147.jpg
20141103_114156.jpg
20141103_114120.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quiddity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah... 1600 as a friendly offer from someone that it sounds like you've done business with before is an offensive low ball justifying your rants. ..... You're alienating people because of you attitude. The fact you can't see that is the funny part.

I normally try to stay out of drama since honestly he doesn't and hasn't ever needed me to have his virtual back, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

$1600 isn't a lowball offer. $1600 plus the three and a half hour one way drive uncompensated to deliver a machine makes it a lowball offer.

Yeah, sure, gas is sitting at $1.87 a gallon right now and I have 400 Kroger gas points to use this month, but still. If you want to look at it that way, it's seven to eight hours drive time out of our way plus the load/unloading time. Next week unlimited overtime at Frax's job comes back, which means that ten hours is about $300 of pay. So, lemme do the math for you. Original price $2000. The offer was $1600 and we deliver it... from Dallas... to Austin. Ignoring the miles and wear and tear on my car from driving the approximate 420 miles but counting the $40 in gas money we'd be spending, we'd end up walking away from the deal making $1260. Does that sound like a lowball offer to you?

Now that's settled, I don't know or care about any drama. We've done trades with Brandon before, I think he's a pretty nice guy from everything I've seen and read. I don't know what happened earlier, what wires got crossed, whatever. I do know that his post "I urge you to re-think this." was pretty inflammatory on it's own (especially when you look at the math work above). There wasn't any happy smiley faces, no emoticon sarcasm, just simple text. I read that, laughed, and told Josh that he could tell him to jump. If he wasn't being particularly serious with his post, then no harm done and I'll apologize for the mean thoughts I had earlier about his offer. Anyways, it's the internets. *shrug*

Finally, this is a sale thread. It's not a 'who likes who' thread or a 'you're a mean poster' thread. Believe me, I've been reading people's butthurt internet posts about how much someone doesn't like Frax's attitude or opinions for fifteen years now. We met on a gaming message board for crying out loud. What you see is what you get with him. Always has been, always will be. I don't know very many people who would say they don't like him in our local community - and those people that would say that are very welcome to their opinion, as I don't think much of them, either.

Who are you again, 88vette? I'm not sure if we've met.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quiddity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-fsftfor-temp-trade-dfw-tx?tu=Quiddity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.