6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hello,

I own a Jackbot pinball machine. When I bought it used, all was working fine. Over time the dot matrix score board would work on power up for less than a minute and the black out. It is now to the point of not working at all. Another side issue that needs fixed after the screen is that it is the french language. Im hoping there is a way to reset the system since I dont speak french.

I have no experience in electronics aside from taking them apart "haha" I did check the connections from the screen to the circuit board and looks good. I'm not sure if fuses play any part in the screen but none of them looked burned out.

I'd appreciate any help. It's hard to find anyone in my area to come and diagnose the problem...

I'm glad there is a place online to get help though. I'm thankful there is a community out there that love pinball as much as I.

#2 6 years ago

Check the pins on the DMD the big connector goes to for broken or cold solder joints. Then check voltages to the pins on that connector, see if any are low or missing.

Quoted from Nubbins:

Another side issue that needs fixed after the screen is that it is the french language. Im hoping there is a way to reset the system since I dont speak french.

Set your CPU to English.

http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_wpc_country_settings.html

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-dot-matrix-screen-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.