pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
thumbnail_IMG_2642 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2641 (resized).jpg
JB_PF (resized).jpg
Jb_back (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
20230325_181016 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 6 years ago

I am in the club. I have a low SN. Lowest I have seen. What is the deal with sample JBs? Can someone take a picture of the old style ball locks on a sample game and post it. From what I have been reading, I have a sample because it has the aqua ramp plastic and colored keno arrows. But my locks look like the newer ones that were described by someone. I do have the .4 version rom set. They will be upgraded soon.

I would really like to see the sample locks that are so terrible. I just want to confirm mine is not technically a sample.

I bet the white arrows are on a playfield just made by a different manufacturer. Mine is TAG. Can someone check the front edge of their white arrowed playfield and post a picture?

20170823_181916 (resized).jpg20170823_181916 (resized).jpg

20170823_181810 (resized).jpg20170823_181810 (resized).jpg

#166 6 years ago

MustangPaul,

Can you get a picture of the ball locks that are under the visor? Just want to see if they are the same as mine. Also the front edge looking at the plys of wood under the apron. Curious as to who made yours. It will have some black letters and dates. Probably two different sets.

Thanks a bunch.

#168 6 years ago

So your board was routed (cut) and inserted by Electronic Sound Corp (ESC) then sent to TAG for silkscreen. I bet all ESC boards have white insert arrows.

Mine was routed and inserted by Lenc-Smith (LS3), then sent to TAG for silkscreen. It has the colored arrow inserts. Probably all LS boards have colored inserts. I don't think it is a sample thing versus production thing. Just different manufacturers of the boards.

I am just trying to figure out what an actual sample game is. Most people say don't by a sample game. I don't think mine is a sample game, but some would say it is because of the arrows and aqua plastic over the ramp.

If anybody has information on sample JB games, please chime in.

#170 6 years ago

My playfield is in good shape. I have a corner of one of the green keno squares ghosting. It was pealing for some reason. I glued it, but it still ghosted.

#176 6 years ago

How do you get those apron covers?

#186 6 years ago

I did. It is easy. Just take pictures. It is a couple of cotter pins that hold the pivot pins. I think there is a bracket with 2 screws as well. From what I remember.

#188 6 years ago

There are 2 pins that connect the bars to raise the visor. Then in the middle there is 2 screws that hold the hinge down. From what I remember. I don't have my plastics. I sent them in to get copied for the new plastics being made.

#192 6 years ago

Did you pull out your eject hardware at the locks? It looks really deep. Mine look the same, but not sure they are that deep. Could you measure how deep they are from top of playfield?

#198 6 years ago

I read that the sample games had a couple extra flashers that were removed in the production run. I wonder if those 2 holes are for the flashers and that plastic is from a sample game. Check with the owner to see if there are saucer type ball locks on his game. They will also have the blade eject like the older games. Production has a deep lock with a plunger eject. Hope this makes sense.

#202 6 years ago

I read they originally copied Pinbot playfield with flashers and old style ball lock saucer holes. JB played to fast with all the new technology and the balls would not lock half of the time. They had to change to the new locks pretty fast. They removed the 2 flashers probably to fit the new hardware (just guessing). Those first games are the sample games. I have serial number 11 and it has the new style locks (I havery game 1 or 10 dending on were they started the sequence). So from my game up to the end, they should be production run games. I bet there are only a handful of sample games out there.

My game has the colored arrows above keno squares and had the aqua plastic over the ramp. People originally thought that ment sample game. From looking at my game, It does not. See earlier pictures posted.

3 weeks later
#233 6 years ago

Why does everyone think the colored arrows and aqua plastic means it is a sample game? I have serial number 53351100011, probably one of the first ones out there. It has colored arrows and aqua plastic over the ramp. It also has the deep ball locks that has a plunger. From what I can tell it is a production model. They changed plastic color during production. Also used a different manufacturer on later runs to cut the playfields who just installed white arrows. Probably easier to stock one color than get 5 different colors.

I think the only way to know a real sample game is to see if it has the old blade type ball kickout. They probably did not make that many. Thus sample game. Make it, see what doesn't work, then fix it.

By the way, New plastics should be coming soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome?tu=bkap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.