pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
thumbnail_IMG_2642 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2641 (resized).jpg
JB_PF (resized).jpg
Jb_back (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
20230325_181016 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago

I'm so envious of the photos I see with the bright red's and yellows on the cabinet; mine is so badly faded.

Does anyone have a source for cabinet scans to make replacement decals? I know nobody sells them currently.

1 year later
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Also, hoping to still get a picture of how the helmet/visor is mounted to the black plastic ramp... I think I'm missing spacers or something on mine.

No spacers on mine, screws right down to the top of the black ramp, approximately 4 - 5 fasteners I believe.

1 week later
#119 6 years ago

I'm updating my Jackbot and the manual says the shooter rod spring part number is 10-148-3, blue spring, high tension. I switched out my old shooter spring (red) for this one, and now I can't even make the spiral ramp off the plunge.

Can someone check what spring they have, maybe I'm missing something.

7 months later
#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Takasalo:

Just bought Jackbot month ago.now cleaning up and LEDing it.I need upper leftcorner long plastic and the face plastic under the visor both are broken.

I have the face plastic from an uncut sheet of plastics; you would need a dremel and a drill to shape it correctly and drill the necessary holes. It has fine scratches since the protective coating was removed, but should flame polish out relatively well.

Let me know if you're interested.

6 months later
#354 5 years ago
Quoted from Doorcrashers:

Thank you, looking at it now, cleaned Opto board, ran test, it displayed "check r2 flipper button" Checked connections Still not working

nevermind, looks like you're on to something.

BTW, great choice for your first pin, really fun game. But remember, pins are like rabbits.

5 months later
#472 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Made & riveted my first ramp flap tonight, the one for the bottom of the spiral ramp. Figured I'd start with one that wasn't visible in case it didn't work out well, but it's not too bad for a first attempt. Much thanks to Freeplay40 for all the helpful advice.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please fill us in how you did it. I tried to make a flap once, completely destroyed it

1 month later
#500 5 years ago

I want to see this installed!

3 weeks later
#514 5 years ago

You can watch Bowen's tutorial, he got almost 13B but I don't recall seeing a fourth ball in play.

2 months later
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks! The one issue I'm dealing with on it is that left ramp shots are "clanking" off the top left part of the plastic after the ramp and falling back down about 50% of the time....anyone else ever encounter that?

I had that issue when I rebuilt mine. I added plastic post spacers between the ramp and the plastic, problem solved

1 month later
#566 4 years ago

Best of the trilogy

1 month later
#602 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

I received the new CPR mirrored back glass today. I looks good lit up, but overall is a little disappointing.
1. It looks like the image was created by sticking an old translight on a mediocre quality scanner. It has that poor quality scan fuzz to it, especially obvious on the fine text and Williams logo.
2. You can see the printing lines from each pass of the inkjet or whatever process they used to print it.
3. The dark background sections have very little contrast. I think new bright cool white LEDs are going to look best with it.
4. The glass has rounded corners and is slightly larger than a standard glass. This prevents the cabinet lock from engaging. I am going to have to take out the lock and try to hammer the cam up by 1/4".
5. Mine had a couple of small but very noticeable scratches right in the center.
A lot of these items are really nit-picky and not that noticeable when you step a few feet back. I just thought I'd share initial impressions.

Good from far, but far from good?

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I'll take some better pics tomorrow. I'm very happy with the quality. I'm also still messing with leds.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it

4 months later
#686 4 years ago

I really want to get the colour DMD for Jackbot, but I know if I do I'll be forced to do the rest of my games as well. At $500 a pop I'll spend as much as a nice used pin

2 months later
#711 3 years ago

You chose . . wisely.

Oops, wrong game

4 months later
#743 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkstar1234:

Is it fairly typical to get a straight down the middle drain from the Saucer? I’m pondering if I need to make an adjustment, or it’s just the way the game goes. I even ponder if the center post was inspired on this machine because of the Saucer return.

I get saucer returns to the slings, which is equally dangerous.

Check the coils for binding, change the coil sleeves to ensure the lockout has enough “oomph”

4 months later
#769 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

...such as bashing the targets all day long to complete the matrix and advance to the next matrix and bank shots between the banks.

Or just hit the lit Keno arrow and save yourself a lot of time

1 week later
#810 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know where to get this cool decal ?
[quoted image]

Wow, that blue/red translucent ramp actually looks pretty good too!

1 year later
#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Very interesting and useful set of pictures, thanks for sharing. I see double rubber rings on the slingshots and I'm curious, did you change this to avoid excessive air balls? Mine sometimes makes balls really fly.
Cheers

These aren't mine, I just used them for a restore. I never noticed the double sling rubbers honestly.

4 months later
#1040 1 year ago

Mini playfields are available from Planetary Pinball

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-10204-1

I had to buy all new posts, mine were glued to the playfield too.

7 months later
#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

This playfield back board decal continues to be a mystery. I've checked with the few people that I thought might have been involved and I haven't had any luck finding it. I imagine it was a one-off, but I'd love to find who did it so I could possibly purchase the art file from them. Jack*Bot really needs this decal!
Anybody have any ideas who might have done this?
[quoted image]

I spoke with the guy who posted the photo, he said the game came to him that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome?tu=Hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.