(Topic ID: 289740)

Jack*Bot - 200K pts award instead of lighting ex. ball lanes?

By frenchmarky

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I can't figure out what disables this game's lighting the extra ball lanes and instead defaults it to awarding 200,000 points. Started when the batteries went belly up so I changed them and executed one of the 5 ball pre-sets, but noticed extra ball lanes were now disabled and just awarded 200K. I tried every individual setting I could regarding tournament play, plyr tournament, free play etc. but nothing would enable extra ball again. Ended up doing another 5 ball pre-set (don't remember which one exactly but it must have been different as per difficulty setting or something) and then extra ball lanes lighting was enabled again. But I keep poking around with the standard and feature adjustments and still can't find exactly which one turns this on/off. Anybody know?

#2 3 years ago

Here is a link to the manual. Go down to page 1-26 (page 57 in the pdf). I don’t own the game but what you want to do has to be in here.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3619/Williams_1995_Jack_Bot_English_Manual.pdf

#3 3 years ago

I have the manual, still couldn't find a specific adjustment that enables or disables the ex ball lanes lighting. Max extra balls can be set to 'off' but I definitely did NOT execute a pre-set for 'novelty' and I never saw that set to 'off'. I did two 5 ball pre-sets, maybe one where I didn't do a preset for difficulty. I'll keep playing around with the settings. Maybe max ex balls was 'off' and I missed it.

#4 3 years ago

Sorry, assumed you didn’t have the manual. Maybe an owner will read and recognize the setting you are looking for.

#5 3 years ago

I found something that must be what was confusing me...
If I set 'max ex balls per Ball in play' to 'off', the extra ball lanes will light, for example when I hit the 'light ex ball' on the vortex exit lane.

BUT if I change 'max ex balls per BIP' to a number, then ex ball lane lighting defaults to 200M instead. A lane never lights, you just get the points. Doesn't make sense to me. Either this is a bug or I don't understand it. This is right off the bat testing after a start of a game too so I'm not exceeding any ex ball limits.

And correction, 200M points, not 200K.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-200k-pts-award-instead-of-lighting-ex-ball-lanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.