9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ryan-adams-album.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

On parenting...

"Well, I try to keep them centered on things mechanical. I try to have only mechanical games in the house for them. No video games. You can't have video games in the house, but you can have as many... I'll buy a pinball machine for you".

I give Ryan Adams partial credit for this. Dude is single handedly making pinball cool again amongst the music folks. He won't go onstage unless his WMS rug is in place. Johnny Depp is known to hang at Adam's socal crib, so the possibility for Depp doing a Rick Stetta movie is still in play. If you think the current 'resurgence' is big, just wait until Depp does The Rick Stetta Story.

Ryan, if you're reading this, make this happen. Depp and Stetta could be mistaken for brothers and Rick's story is definitely worthy of the big screen. See his youtube videos to remove any doubt.

#2 9 years ago

That's really cool about Ryan Adams. I didn't know he was into pinball.

Jack has been into pinball for a long time. Jim Everett, who runs a jukebox and pinball repair shop, has been over Jacks house and worked on his pins going back almost 10 years ago. Jack told him TZ was his favorite game. He used to take it on the road with him.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Jack has been into pinball for a long time. Jim Everett, who runs a jukebox and pinball repair shop, has been over Jacks house and worked on his pins going back almost 10 years ago. Jack told him TZ was his favorite game. He used to take it on the road with him.

Did not know that. Good stuff. I may be giving RA too much credit.

I became a JW fan after watching This Might Get Loud. Makes sense he would be a mechanical dude.

#4 9 years ago

Yeah, that's a great documentary. If you go to Jack's Third Man record he has some various mechanical things there like the only recording booth that automatically spits out a vinyl record (or something like that) At his house, there are other various odds and ends according to Jim. He said he had a mechanical coffin that opened up.

#5 9 years ago

If Ryan Adams wants to play some pinball at my house when he plays a show in Royal Oak or Detroit, he has an open invite.

#6 9 years ago

Ryan Adams

ryan-adams-album.jpgryan-adams-album.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

Yeah, Ryan Adams is a huge pinball fan. He's got over 100 machines in a 3,500 sq. ft. warehouse in LA apparently and fixes and works on them too - even has a Krull! This article dives pretty deep into his love of pinball: http://www.buzzfeed.com/bobmehr/at-home-kinda-with-ryan-adams#17wzq38

Wouldn't surprise me if he's a member on here with an undercover name.

#8 9 years ago

I am going to see him in concert in StL next weekend. Should be a great show

#9 9 years ago

Good article and has quite a bit about his pinball passion. Cool pic of him playing Stargate

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-white-rocks-ping-ryan-adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.