3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jungle
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
    lets_eat_grandma.jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 3 years ago

Interesting read - thanks for posting.

#3 3 years ago

Interesting insight into JJP's plan & outlook. Here's a quote I enjoyed:

"I will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."

Jack is essentially outing those long rumored themes. I'm still excited about Ghostbusters!

#4 3 years ago

they never had a jimi hendrix or ghost busters pin before. If he wants to do innovative things in pinball, he should be looking more closely at P3.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

"I will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."
    Jack is essentially outing those long rumored themes. I'm still excited about Ghostbusters!

Maybe a little revenge for possibly outing JJP #3?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they never had a jimi hendrix or ghost busters pin before. If he wants to do innovative things in pinball, he should be looking more closely at P3.

The Oxford comma is your friend. ...a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park, or a Ghostbusters, or anything that has been done before.

That's much better and now it's accurate.

Chris

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe a little revenge for possibly outing JJP #3?

Bingo.

#8 3 years ago

"So do you think that other pinball manufacturers will follow your lead and also use full-colour large-screen displays?"

"Others will follow us, but they will not have the time and resources in money or talent to come close to what we have done on WOZ and The Hobbit."

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chrislemasters:

The Oxford comma is your friend. ...a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park, or a Ghostbusters, or anything that has been done before.
    That's much better and now it's accurate.
    Chris

It took you two years to make a post and it was to critique the grammar in a post?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

It took you two years to make a post and it was to critique the grammar in a post?

as a fellow grammar Nazi, I approve.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I actually go back into my posts that I find typos in and edit them. I know...I have problems. But I'm a writer, so it's a genetic thing.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Color me surprised.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually go back into my posts that I find typos in and edit them.

Corrected version: I actually go back to posts in which I find typos and edit them.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Corrected version: I actually go back to posts in which I find typos and edit them.

Are you kidding me? He started a sentence with "but" and you make an inapplicable correction? The rule is only about ending sentences with prepositions, so there is nothing wrong with that sentence other than its clunky flow.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tux:

Are you kidding me? He started a sentence with "but" and you make an inapplicable correction? The rule is only about ending sentences with prepositions, so there is nothing wrong with that sentence other than its clunky flow.

Cage match

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You forgot to capitalize the first letter of your sentence.

#18 3 years ago

Whoop his ass muddy!

#19 3 years ago

What happened, did I fall into a English lesson ?

#20 3 years ago

Take it to the basement

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Take it to the basement

YOU take it to the basement! Yeah, what's up now?????

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

What happened, did I fall into a English lesson ?

"an" English lesson.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What is JJP #3?

An interactive game that texts you grammar tips as you progress through the coding.

#26 3 years ago

lets_eat_grandma.jpg

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What is JJP #3?

Who the hell cares now that we know Jimi Hendrix is being made?

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

if you listened to Jack at prior presentations, he has said the rights holders will call him to test the value of license for machine, in response to a Stern inquiry.

Basically, he is telling you what calls he has fielded, and he has signaled what properties Stern is getting quotes for.

All 3 properties listed are likely ones Stern is looking at.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

if you listened to Jack at prior presentations, he has said the rights holders will call him to test the value of license for machine, in response to a Stern inquiry.
    Basically, he is telling you what calls he has fielded, and he has signaled what properties Stern is getting quotes for.
    All 3 properties listed are likely ones Stern is looking at.

Jimi Hendrix, Jurassic Park/World, and Ghost Busters are all certainly better themes than WOZ!

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually go back into my posts that I find typos in and edit them.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

My agent actually changed a sentence I wrote that was structured the way you wrote it to the way I wrote it. I thought I was being so smart writing it like that, and she said, "Nobody talks like that. If you do, you're a dick." So I don't talk or write like that, and neither should you. (I may be a dick, but you're not.) And we're not in the 1800s anymore.

Quoted from Tux:

Thanks! (But I didn't think it was THAT clunky...)

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

and she said, "Nobody talks like that. If you do, you're a dick."

This is total bullshit. There are many situations in which it is completely acceptable to speak like this and not be a dick. Most people don't notice, except to feel a certain surety about the person with whom they are speaking and to have some weird sense that they are in the company of someone who might actually know something about the matter at hand.

#32 3 years ago

Well, I don't argue small things like this during the editing process, and I think it may have been said somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But I think she was just talking about the flow of the narrative/dialogue being better if it was written the other way.

But you're right. (Although I never said that. )

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What is JJP #3?

I second this question.

Quoted from DCFAN:Maybe a little revenge for possibly outing JJP #3?

This is aimed at you.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What is JJP #3?

That is the 3rd (unannounced name/theme yet) pinball machine from Jersey Jack - a Pat Lawlor design.

#35 3 years ago

Ghostbusters is real. I doubt Jimi Handrix is.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

And that was almost your 3,000th post. What's your point?

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Most people don't notice, except to feel a certain surety about the person with whom they are speaking and to have some weird sense that they are in the company of someone who might actually know something about the matter at hand.

Run on sentence.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Stern's made a fortune on music pins, you know they just have to be testing the waters with every possible 'legend' license. I'm the furthest thing from hip, but I would imagine Hendrix's career is probably at a low point right now, though. When I was in high school in the 90's he was having a resurgence and he was red hot, but I haven't heard anybody talking about him in years... so that might be a big miss if Stern attempted a Hendrix pin. Same thing with Led Zeppelin, it seems to me like this would be a bad time for a Led Zeppelin pin.

Of course I guess if the Hendrix estate or Zeppelin's people had some huge releases planned or coordinated the pin release with some other things they had going on that could change all that... or maybe they're still much more popular than I know.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My agent actually changed a sentence I wrote that was structured the way you wrote it to the way I wrote it. I thought I was being so smart writing it like that, and she said, "Nobody talks like that. If you do, you're a dick." So I don't talk or write like that, and neither should you. (I may be a dick, but you're not.) And we're not in the 1800s anymore.

Thanks! (But I didn't think it was THAT clunky...)

Thou hadst offended mine honor. I challenge thee to a cage match!

image.jpeg

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chrislemasters:

And that was almost your 3,000th post. What's your point?

I'll spell it out for you. Your way of introducing yourself to pinside was to make a petty post attacking a pinsider's grammar.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well that would appear to rule out Star Wars.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I would imagine Hendrix's career is probably at a low point right now, though. When I was in high school in the 90's he was having a resurgence and he was red hot, but I haven't heard anybody talking about him in years... so that might be a big miss if Stern attempted a Hendrix pin.

Hendrix doesn't get much air play, but there is interest. The Experience Hendrix Tour featuring - Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, Eric Gales, Zak Wilde, Tony Franklin, Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Doyle Bramall, Brad Whitford, ect. was a kick ass show! They are playing more dates in Feb/March. Not much advertising, and just playing large theaters, but it was packed with middle aged fans who could probably afford a pin for their mancave.

Skip around in this video to get a flavor -

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Well that would appear to rule out Star Wars.

You never know. Jack could say something like. "it's never been done properly"

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thou hadst offended mine honor. I challenge thee to a cage match!
    image.jpeg

No.

And get your crotch outta my face.

"Hadst"?

#45 3 years ago

"Hast" ...rats..I fell into this quagmire.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Stern's made a fortune on music pins, you know they just have to be testing the waters with every possible 'legend' license. I'm the furthest thing from hip, but I would imagine Hendrix's career is probably at a low point right now, though. When I was in high school in the 90's he was having a resurgence and he was red hot, but I haven't heard anybody talking about him in years... so that might be a big miss if Stern attempted a Hendrix pin. Same thing with Led Zeppelin, it seems to me like this would be a bad time for a Led Zeppelin pin.
    Of course I guess if the Hendrix estate or Zeppelin's people had some huge releases planned or coordinated the pin release with some other things they had going on that could change all that... or maybe they're still much more popular than I know.

If more people heard his "live Monterey" cover of Like a Rolling Stone more people would talk about him every day. That and his Sunshine of Your Love cover. Damn, he smokes those. Axis Bold As Love should also be required in every record collection. Hendrix is just too damn good to be embraced by the masses. A Hendrix machine, done right, would triumph.

I'd also love to see a Temptations "Psychedelic Shack" pin. That would be too cool for words.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Taken out of context this is a horrible, horrible thought.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

"Hast" ...rats..I fell into this quagmire.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hadst

Hadst is archaic, hence the earlier reference to 19th century vernacular. But we'll keep this on topic... WOZ is fun and I can't wait for Hobbit!

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If more people heard his "live Monterey" cover of Like a Rolling Stone more people would talk about him every day. That and his Sunshine of Your Love cover. Damn, he smokes those. Axis Bold As Love should also be required in every record collection. Hendrix is just too damn good to be embraced by the masses. A Hendrix machine, done right, would triumph.
    I'd also love to see a Temptations "Psychedelic Shack" pin. That would be too cool for words.

Actually, Band of Gypsies (in my mind, Buddy Miles' presence pushed them into supergroup territory) >>> Jimi Hendrix Experience and "Machine Gun" is in fact Hendrix's pinnacle guitar statement (too bad he had to die like a Rock star before the band had a chance to REALLY fly), but that's a discussion for the basement!

Regardless, it would be a damn fine theme for a game (obviously featuring art inspired by the "Axis..." cover) with nearly endless possibilities for toys/objectives/modes. I actually wouldn't completely count it out (if "Big Lebowski" and Metallica get people excited, surely a Hendrix theme would too).

I'd LOVE a psychedelic themed pin. Just imagine the possibilities given all the modern pinball goodies like LCDs, deep rulesets, LED lighting effects, and high quality sound. Look to the "Nuggets" boxed set for visual and musical inspiration, for example. Hearing "Lucifer Sam" or "Pictures of Matchstick Men" blasting out of the speakers while seeing colorful fractal images morphing in the back box LCD (because I shot the "Eye of Horus" drop target and triggered the "Orange Sunshine" multiball) would be impossibly cool!

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I'd LOVE a psychedelic themed pin.

Yeah I would put Hendrix at or near the top of my list of dream themes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 209.99
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 305.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 189.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside