4381B5C1-668C-4AC2-A91B-647B76620E4F (resized).jpeg
0BA87606-2B94-489B-9F06-2397F6B037E6 (resized).jpeg
59E3FBD6-D5C0-4054-93D9-65CEA6B8B48F (resized).jpeg
1E21312D-3E7A-4C9C-8E19-F77230D76EFC (resized).jpeg
8EFF0F98-E2C7-4B62-99B3-B5CD3FF55ECC (resized).jpeg
C15DA093-8549-493E-98F4-D8C9B87412D5 (resized).jpeg
Zero Position (resized).jpg
jack-score-motor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Does the endless rotating occur even if no drop targets are knocked down? I had a very similar problem with my Jumping Jack. After losing a ball, if no drop targets were downed it would kick the ball out and play correctly, but if one or more drop targets were down, the machine would endlessly cycle. I could flick the ball out by hand and it would stop running and step up to the next ball. Turned out to be the spring tab snow shoes on the bonus unit weren't exactly lined up with the rivets. I cleaned and realigned and the problem went away.

#14 4 years ago

Forgot to mention... If this is still happening when no drop targets are down then the problem probably isn't in the bonus unit. It only searches for a bonus if at least one target is down. If no targets are down it shouldn't run at all and quickly kick the ball out. If this is the case you would need to look for what is telling the bonus unit to activate. As Dogman said, possibly a drop target switch.

#15 4 years ago

I couldn't get your video to play last night but it worked today. Scratch the bonus unit idea. It is searching for bonus even with the targets up. Just need to find what all activates that bonus. I'll try to locate my schematic and see if I can come up with something. In the meantime I would clean and adjust every switch within the "add bonus" path. That's probably a lot or switches, but it's worth doing to eliminate all them as a possibility.

#22 4 years ago

Just looked at my Jumping Jack and it does not have that jumper on the F relay. But, since yours has always been there and it used to work, it's probably not what's causing your current issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-stepper-reset-problem?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.