(Topic ID: 282102)

Jack in the Box score motor spinning too fast....?

By pinball_ed

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb power transformers 1974 (resized).JPG
    20201128_080823 (resized).jpg
    20201128_081146 (resized).jpg
    20201127_100430 (resized).jpg
    20201127_100358 (resized).jpg
    20201127_100317 (resized).jpg
    motor_rpm (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Somehow or another, this unit probably got the wrong motor. Motor speed is determined by frequency. You may need to swap out the motor if you can't live with it. Was it a re-import by any chance?

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/electrical-motor-frequency-speed-d_456.html

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If we assume the OP is correct and the motor is really running twice as fast is there any failure or misconfiguration that could cause it?

That is probably why Tim suggested collecting actual data. I work on automatic transmissions for a living and can't begin to tell you how many "four second shifts" turned in 0.8 seconds when you actually looked at the data. Or the guy going down the street "at least 70 mph". The car "moved several feet on it's own" (an inch or so due to motor mount roll) etc. etc.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ed:

I do have a domestic motor and will look at it this weekend.

Make sure the shaft sizes are the same.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ed:

I do have one other question. What do I do about the little silver box? Thanks, again, guys.

Either leave it, or ditch it AND get a new transformer. Why not just leave it though? Switch out the motor and see what happens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-score-motor-spinning-too-fast?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.