Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150809_202209.jpg
20150809_200822.jpg
JITB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveFury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

Hi PinballFever.
It sounds like you have a realistic and good attitude about the repair and sales options. I find that resale value varies by a very wide margin from region to region. Best to look at the current offerings at your local Craigs List (And how long they've been listed) for possible ball park figures.

A 4 player game is not any more difficult to troubleshoot than a 1 or 2 player game IMHO. It is basically the same circuits as a 1 player game except routed through a player-up switch (Player Unit). It can appear intimidating but once you have a good grasp of a 1 player sequence of operation then you should be able to transverse over to a 2 or 4 player game without too much trouble.
With few exceptions, a person can do a real good job repairing a 4 player game and enjoy trouble-free service between every maintenance cycle. On the other hand, the same person can do a hurried up crappy job on a 1 player game and have constant trouble. Yes, a 4 player game can appear intimidating for all the extra reels and the player unit but if you can separate it into its individual player (1-4) circuits then it can make more sense.

Here's my attempt to simplify the complicated reset sequence of your game:

I'm not any great artist (you saw my BG repair) yet I found the airbrush very easy to use, especially with acrylic paints (Water based). I generally use 20-40PSI in my cheap Badger 350 single action airbrush. You don't need a fancy compressor but you will need one either designed for airbrushes or one with a reservoir tank.

On a PF, I think acrylics are good for filling in minor planking, then followed when thoroughly dry with waxing. However if you need to airbrush... which would cover a large surface then I wouldn't expect the acrylic paint to withstand the steel ball, so that's when I clear coat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveFury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-restoration-and-questions?tu=SteveFury and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.