(Topic ID: 96677)

The Official EM Gottlieb Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box Club - Admirers Welcome!

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8469 (resized).jpg
20190216_163522 (resized).jpg
20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
JJ (resized).JPEG
JJ (2) (resized).JPEG
Cab (resized).JPG
DSC03235 (resized).JPG
DSC03286 (resized).JPG
DSC03285 (resized).JPG
DSC03273 (resized).JPG
DSC03272 (resized).JPG
DSC03270 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03236 (resized).JPG
DSC03232 (resized).JPG
DSC03217 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

Didn't see this group until now and I have a JITB that I bought non working years ago as rolf_martin mentions. I've never played the game but CactusJack and rolf_martin are graciously helping me troubleshoot it in an EM Tech thread.

My goal is to first get it working then go through it cleaning and adjusting contacts, replacing coil sleeves etc and restore it. I have new drop targets, plastics, bumper caps for the game and the playfield/backglass aren't too bad I think. I'll post photos here for your review and advice.

There are parts of the playfield that are "rough" but most of the playfield seems to be in good condition making it worth fixing it up. (I'm planning to remove all the top parts then clean up the playfield with ZEP Citrus Degreaser and wax it with Carnauba but first I want to get the game "working".)

You can see the rough parts and what looks like "planking"? Also on both sides it looks like someone put red duct tape down that shouldn't be there.
DSC_0711.JPGDSC_0711.JPG

A photo of the lower playfield, looks like the paint is cracking slightly but but still seems smooth, maybe the playfield can be touched/fixed up and clear coated to protect it? Your input on restoring it is welcome and very much appreciated!
DSC_0726.JPGDSC_0726.JPG

In this one you can see the holes, looks like someone in the past screwed something in the playfield. Four holes in the middle playfield and 4 holes where the flippers are. I'd like to fill in these holes and color them to match but need your expert advice on doing this.
DSC_0716.JPGDSC_0716.JPG

"Holes" below the flippers, not sure they're supposed to be there?
DSC_0722.JPGDSC_0722.JPG

Overall shot of the playfield showing how it looks.
DSC_0753.JPGDSC_0753.JPG

Photo showing backglass condition. BTW you can see someone painted the front of the backbox and cabinet, the backbox is missing the stenciled design on the bottom.
20150415_200028.jpg20150415_200028.jpg

Cabinet.
20150415_200420.jpg20150415_200420.jpg

Bruce

1 week later
#41 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Rolf, the bottom holes below the flippers should have nickel-plated wire that sits on the playfield. Designed as an anti-cheat so the ball does not easily bounce back into play from below the flippers. As for the holes in the middle, yes, I would fill and color match. Duct tape is a creative idea for the area up top that gets hammered from the constant kick out hole wear. I would touch up as best as possible then clear all to protect. There are several good resources on the web for this type work. Cliffy did one a few years ago with Varathane clear (I also use) that demonstrates what can go wrong (color shift, chemical reaction) here's the link to his efforts: http://www.passionforpinball.com/jjresto.htm
Lastly, Melamine foam (Magic Eraser) and 91% alcohol will do the best job of getting the deep down dirt out.

stashyboy, many thanks for the advice! (I think this post was meant for my questions)

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

the bottom holes below the flippers should have nickel-plated wire that sits on the playfield. Designed as an anti-cheat so the ball does not easily bounce back into play from below the flippers.

Is there a resource where I can get new ones or do I have to make new ones? I'm not sure PB Resource would have these wires.

2 years later
#73 6 years ago

I have two quarter coin mechanisms that are possibly from the JITB I sold recently. Does anyone have coin mechanisms from a JJ or JITB to compare to these? I want to be sure the buyer gets them if they belong with the machine. One of them has the numbers D-52-3-10 and 61056 on the sides.

Thanks,
Bruce

IMG_20180325_102530554 (resized).jpgIMG_20180325_102530554 (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. These quarter coin mechanisms are probably from the JITB. I'm going to give them to the buyer and ask him to let me know if they don't work.

#80 6 years ago

I'll probably get a chance to try out the JITB I sold recently after the buyer restores it. He only lives 10 minutes from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-jumping-jack-club-get-the-right-hole?tu=pinballfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.