(Topic ID: 96677)

The Official EM Gottlieb Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box Club - Admirers Welcome!

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8469 (resized).jpg
20190216_163522 (resized).jpg
20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
JJ (resized).JPEG
JJ (2) (resized).JPEG
Cab (resized).JPG
DSC03235 (resized).JPG
DSC03286 (resized).JPG
DSC03285 (resized).JPG
DSC03273 (resized).JPG
DSC03272 (resized).JPG
DSC03270 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03236 (resized).JPG
DSC03232 (resized).JPG
DSC03217 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I wouldn't really consider it a skill shot for two reasons.

1. like you mentioned, it may not always "bounce" across to the other hole (which to my experience is what normally happens). If you get the wrong lane to start with, you can jiggle the game and get it to drop in the correct hole.
2. If you miss falling in the correct hole, you can always hit the ball back up into the lit hole to get the 10X scoring.

And no, I would not want to look at a JJ or JIB with anything other than the friendly blue clown face (Clowns don't scare me!).

And, sometimes, the Left hole is the Right hole.......

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think they're drunk clowns - they have x's for eyes.
Skill shot or not, I can't think of another EM where one shot is so important. Basically if you miss that shot, you may as well risk a tilt to save the ball, because your bonus is less than 900 points.

I will admit that it is probably one of the most valuable shots in EMs but again, if you miss it, you have plenty of chances to re-shoot the holes to get the 10X lit. Certainly before you hit your last clown down!

There are other games where one shot IS more important. Games with sequences that you have to complete and one of the numbers appears only on the upper rollovers. I think in another thread Sure Shot and Buccaneer were mentioned. I am sure there are plenty of others. Those are games where, by 5th ball, if you haven't made the 1 rollover, you might as well just let the ball drain........

11 months later
#61 8 years ago

Seems to me that having to make 20 cuts in metal is WAY too much work?

3 weeks later
#65 8 years ago

All that work and you put the wrong bumper bodies and skirts on???

2 years later
#74 6 years ago

For the most part, that style coin mech is generic. 3" x 5" body. Just depends on what denomination you need 5 cent, 10 cent or 25 cent (US quarter). Canadian quarter mechs are missing the magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-jumping-jack-club-get-the-right-hole?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.