(Topic ID: 96677)

The Official EM Gottlieb Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box Club - Admirers Welcome!

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8469 (resized).jpg
20190216_163522 (resized).jpg
20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
JJ (resized).JPEG
JJ (2) (resized).JPEG
Cab (resized).JPG
DSC03235 (resized).JPG
DSC03286 (resized).JPG
DSC03285 (resized).JPG
DSC03273 (resized).JPG
DSC03272 (resized).JPG
DSC03270 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03236 (resized).JPG
DSC03232 (resized).JPG
DSC03217 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

I joined this club Bought the machine already a year ago but it had been sitting untested.
Yesterday finally assembled it and tried it. I was happy surprised to see I could start a game and most things worked.
Now the shopjob has started..

1 week later
#35 8 years ago

Hi,

Does anyone have the complete rules for this game ?
Can you score an extra ball ? How ?

And how should the top lights work ? On my machine always the left (red) lane and hole is lit.
Should it alternate/be random every game / everytime you get all 10 targets down ?
Should the light go out when you hit it ?

Got my game finally working.. now testing if all features work correct..

And I spent more than an hour replacing a broken droptarget, was a bit happy that it was the second from the left so it wasn't too difficult to reach.
Finally got it working, played a test game, then had to lift the playfield for another issue and forgot to remove the pinball from the outhole.. which came down on the playfield and broke one of the center targets.. aaaargh don't want to waste more time replacing these droptargets (and even don't have a spare clown target left)

#39 8 years ago

MikeO: thanks, but I was looking for more detailed info (ie now what makes the red/yellow hole alternate)

zeke_world: many thanks !
OK I've tested some more. The A relay underneath the playfield will correctly let the other color lamps show when I push it.
The AX relay in the backbox switches between red/yellow when I manually set it.
Problem is that this doesn't alternate (almost) during the game. Until now it was always on red.

Now I set it to yellow by manually switching the AX relay. After hitting all drops it got to red again and then stayed there, no matter how many times all drops went down again. Seems either the scoremotor or bonusunit under the playfield controls it ?
I checked the schematics but can't find what controls it (don't have much experience reading this type of schematic)..

#43 8 years ago

I got it working ! The AX relay indeed needed cleaning, a few minutes in my ultrasonic cleaner and partly disassembling it did the trick.
Many thanks everyone. Glad to see it's now completely working like it should.

2 years later
#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Doomer:

Never knew this was so popular... Guess I will make my machine my next restoration project
Doomer

It's a great game. Simple playfield and rules but challenging gameplay, most of the time you just don't get all the drop targets down so want to play another game.
Sold mine and really miss it

4 months later
#86 5 years ago

I wonder how many games here have well adjusted popbumpers ?

When I had my JITB it had powerful pops, switch was adjusted quite sensitive.. which made for a fun gameplay, when the pinball got between the popbumper and the rubber edge it would bounce around and with a little nudge you could get it bounce upwards and back into the playfield.

At someone elses place I also played a jitb and his popbumpers were less fun - either the rubber was worn, popbumper not powerful or not sensitive enough, but when the pinball got to the side of the bumper it would always end in a drain. The pinball would bounce between the side rubber and bumper, but each time mroe towards the bottom and you couldn't get it back up on the playfield. The owner probably didn't know better..

So I wonder how many people here with this game adjust their popbumpers so you can rescue the pinball ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-jumping-jack-club-get-the-right-hole?tu=aeneas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.