(Topic ID: 96677)

The Official EM Gottlieb Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box Club - Admirers Welcome!

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8469 (resized).jpg
20190216_163522 (resized).jpg
20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
JJ (resized).JPEG
JJ (2) (resized).JPEG
Cab (resized).JPG
DSC03235 (resized).JPG
DSC03286 (resized).JPG
DSC03285 (resized).JPG
DSC03273 (resized).JPG
DSC03272 (resized).JPG
DSC03270 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03236 (resized).JPG
DSC03232 (resized).JPG
DSC03217 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago

I just replaced my Target Alpha banks - and also agree that you really don't have to cut anything. What I did to provide more room in the frame to get those targets in and out, is replace the machine screws that hold the frame together, with longer screws, and just screwed them in enough to hold... that way the frame gives much more, allowing the targets to come out with ease... I did all that work in about 25 minutes, easy squeezy - with no cuts.

Also a proud owner of a Jumping Jack - long term owner; still play it too.

#55 8 years ago

Anyone have a Jumping Jack head that you could part with to make some cash???... head only would be optimal... but I'd take a fully populated one... Stupidly bought a JITB with an awesome cabinet to make one awesome JJ... only issue is that I didn't take into account that a JITB head is too large to fit a JJ backglass! DOH.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Anyone have a Jumping Jack head that you could part with to make some cash???... head only would be optimal... but I'd take a fully populated one... Stupidly bought a JITB with an awesome cabinet to make one awesome JJ... only issue is that I didn't take into account that a JITB head is too large to fit a JJ backglass! DOH.

Mike Berger came through with a nice JJ head - thanks MIKE!!!!

#63 8 years ago

Well, have to laugh at my predicament... I have a JJ, with a poorly painted cabinet - it looks ok, but there was no webbing applied and it looks bad next to my current lineup of original cabs... anyway, I bought a Jack in the Box so I could swap cabs, as the JITB cabinet is in fabulous original shape. Well, not such a great idea - the cabinet heads on the 2 games are NOT the same size, as the 4 player is higher to accommodate the 2 extra sets of score reels. One other issue I now have, is that since this game was designed for export to MONDIAL, it has a different lock-down bar and associated lock mechanism... keep this in mind if you're doing swaps of like games!

Don O

4 years later
#103 4 years ago

JJ/JITB are great games. I played it a ton at arcades back in the day, and thought back then it was a fantastic player. Since that time I've owned 2 JJs and 1 JITB. Still have one I bought 20 years ago. I've serviced a bunch of them over the years as well.

Interesting that I've seen very few nice cabinets; this game got abused at arcades; something about getting drained down the middle from a quick pop bumper shot that drives players crazy! Gotta love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-jumping-jack-club-get-the-right-hole?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.