(Topic ID: 96677)

The Official EM Gottlieb Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box Club - Admirers Welcome!

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8469 (resized).jpg
20190216_163522 (resized).jpg
20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
JJ (resized).JPEG
JJ (2) (resized).JPEG
Cab (resized).JPG
DSC03235 (resized).JPG
DSC03286 (resized).JPG
DSC03285 (resized).JPG
DSC03273 (resized).JPG
DSC03272 (resized).JPG
DSC03270 (resized).JPG
DSC03258 (resized).JPG
DSC03236 (resized).JPG
DSC03232 (resized).JPG
DSC03217 (2) (resized).JPG

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

Just joined the Jumping Jack club the other week! Playfield and head are in decent shape, and it seems to work electronically, but the cabinet is totally destroyed. Needless to say I'm looking for a donor cab to paint up and swap everything into!

Cab (resized).JPGCab (resized).JPGJJ (2) (resized).JPEGJJ (2) (resized).JPEGJJ (resized).JPEGJJ (resized).JPEG
#102 4 years ago
Quoted from sixleggeddog:

Just joined the Jumping Jack club the other week! Playfield and head are in decent shape, and it seems to work electronically, but the cabinet is totally destroyed. Needless to say I'm looking for a donor cab to paint up and swap everything into![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome. I need to put mine back together.

20190216_163522 (resized).jpg20190216_163522 (resized).jpg20190217_112510 (resized).jpg20190217_112510 (resized).jpg
#103 4 years ago

JJ/JITB are great games. I played it a ton at arcades back in the day, and thought back then it was a fantastic player. Since that time I've owned 2 JJs and 1 JITB. Still have one I bought 20 years ago. I've serviced a bunch of them over the years as well.

Interesting that I've seen very few nice cabinets; this game got abused at arcades; something about getting drained down the middle from a quick pop bumper shot that drives players crazy! Gotta love it!

#104 4 years ago

They are laughing at you...

DSC_8469 (resized).jpgDSC_8469 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#105 4 years ago

New to the forum. Starting to go through some of my neglected games. Regathering all EM tools, parts, supplies, etc. Have a JJ purchased in about 1980. Pretty good shape but BG shows significantly more deterioration than my other games. Previous posts in thread indicate repro BG. Still available and who has them?

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from lodoc:

New to the forum. Starting to go through some of my neglected games. Regathering all EM tools, parts, supplies, etc. Have a JJ purchased in about 1980. Pretty good shape but BG shows significantly more deterioration than my other games. Previous posts in thread indicate repro BG. Still available and who has them?

Looks like you can buy them here:

http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

#107 4 years ago

Thanks for the lead. Give you credit SLD for being willing to wrestle w that JJ. So what makes em 'rust out' like that?

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from lodoc:

Thanks for the lead. Give you credit SLD for being willing to wrestle w that JJ. So what makes em 'rust out' like that?

I believe that someone had the JJ sitting in their basement without the legs on and it got water damaged, and the wood just rotted out. Somehow the electronics are ok though. Huge thanks to @hazmat7719 who’s going to sell me a complete JJ cabinet that I’ll be swapping it into.

3 years later
#109 4 months ago

Hey all. I just posted my Jumping Jack for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/167585

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-in-the-box-jumping-jack-club-get-the-right-hole/page/3?hl=lodoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.