Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jungle
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funny.png
    ulgpu.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Jack Guarnieri of JERSEY JACK Pinball interview at IAAPA 2015 arcade trade show

#2 8 years ago

The Kid playing Woz from 3:56 to about 5:23 says a lot how kids will play this game for tickets. He finally looks to get a grip on it,only to walk away with a ball still in play . Classic

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

The Kid playing Woz from 3:56 to about 5:23 says a lot how kids will play this game for tickets. He finally looks to get a grip on it,only to walk away with a ball still in play . Classic

Leave it to Jersey Jack to get McCune out from under his rock.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

To be fair, he didn't put in a token or swipe a card to play it. If he put in money or something of perceived value; he more than likely would not have walked away from the machine until he was finished with the game and collected his tickets.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

To be fair, he didn't put in a token or swipe a card to play it. If he put in money or something of perceived value; he more than likely would not have walked away from the machine until he was finished with the game and collected his tickets.

And if the tickets had a perceived value. I assume there wasn't a Redemption Counter around there anywhere. It defeats the purpose of Redemption Play doesn't it, they don't play for fun but to maximize ticket output?

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dalbok:

I assume there wasn't a Redemption Counter around there anywhere.

JJP is working on a cloud / based one where you could whip out your phone and redeem tickets and the item sent to you.

LTG : )™

#7 8 years ago

Lol at the lady scratching her ass at 15:50 and 16:00 and then realizing she's been recorded doing it.

#8 8 years ago

Nice interview, thanks for posting. Good job trying to get new info on the new Pat Lawlor game, can't wait for that one.

#9 8 years ago

Can't wait to buy Pat's game when it is ready to ship.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

What's up Jimmy Mac?

No tickets?

#11 8 years ago

Thanks for posting this interview. The more I hear from Jack, the more excited I get about what his company can do for the pinball industry. There are plenty of people out there who love Jersey Jack, and plenty who hate Jersey Jack. Same with Stern, some love them and some hate them. I think they are both great for the hobby. Stern is good at churning out a lot of games. They focus more on volume and doing what they know. They innovate when they have to, but it is not a focus. Jersey Jack, on the other hand, seems to focus on innovation and higher quality builds. Combined, these two approaches equal a strong healthy industry.

Pindemption seems like a winning idea for many operators and like Jack said, it should allow them to charge a big premium on pindemption games to operators as long as they can back it up with huge increases in on-site earnings. I can't wait to see what our hobby looks like 5 or 10 years from now.

#12 8 years ago

Pindemption sounds like something to be enforced by people who want their games.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

He took almost two minutes to figure out that the shooter wasn't making anything happen with the ball in play. Even after discovering the flippers, he kept trying to make things happen with the shooter instead.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Lol at the lady scratching her ass at 15:50 and 16:00 and then realizing she's been recorded doing it.

Best part of the whole video.

#15 8 years ago

ulgpu.jpgulgpu.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Ya know, when I setup these shots with games/people in the background,
    I don't really pay attention to whats going on around us while doing them.
    Now during the Josh Sharpe interview there are 2 surprises in the background that I saw real time and held it together well.

#18 8 years ago

Did they sign a consent for this to be public?

#19 8 years ago

No signature required. Just like news crews don't have to get signatures when the do a "man on the street" shot.

On second thought, maybe that is what she was doing...... she was trying to find her pen.

#20 8 years ago

lmao at 'billy button pushers' or should I say 'billy plunger puller'. how did that kid get a VIP badge?

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

lmao at 'billy button pushers' or should I say 'billy plunger puller'. how did that kid get a VIP badge?

probably a world famous youtube star making $40,000 a month and getting 2 million hits per video.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Ya know, when I setup these shots with games/people in the background,
    I don't really pay attention to whats going on around us while doing them.
    Now during the Josh Sharpe interview there are 2 surprises in the background that I saw real time and held it together well.

pan down.
    zoom out.

#23 8 years ago

blah blah blah who gives a shit? just start the production line then give all the interviews you want

#24 8 years ago

Production has begun! (Subassemblies anyway).

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Production has begun! (Subassemblies anyway).

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Did they sign a consent for this to be public?

I don't do non-disclosures or anything wacky like that...

#27 8 years ago

Over here in the UK you are OK with redemption in not having a gambling licence as long as the prize is not more than the cost of games. Getting smartphone or something like that from the cloud might cause some consternation even if you've won thousands of tickets. By the way pinball machines on location over here need no licence whatsoever.

The interviewer could have asked whether a purpose built pindemption game is on the cards. Only that will make the really big money in my opinion.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-of-jersey-jack-pinball-interview-at-iaapa-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.