skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#47 8 years ago

Man, I love David Thiel and his work. Very impressive. You can tell he loves what he does! And he's damn good at it.

He talked about how he wasn't going to give a lot of details about the custom dialog call outs because "it's still a work in progress" and they found a sound alike for Ian McKellen, and his work will need to be approved by the licensor.

Sounds like Hobbit is a long way from production.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That all gets added in code/updates. The voices added to ST didn't hold it up either

Comparing code to ST on release doesn't give me the warm fuzzies!

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Wow. Pinside seems to have reached a new low.

Huh?

Posting a D&B report for a pinball company on a pinball forum is a new low?

Makes perfect sense to me! Never seen anything worse posted on Pinside! Ever! Where are the mods?!?! This shall not stand!

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Really? Drama much? I never said this should be moderated. It's just poor form to post this in my opinion.

Really?

You said this about his post:

Quoted from juanton:

Wow. Pinside seems to have reached a new low.

If his post was really a "new low" for Pinside, and you were shocked enough by it to say "wow", how can you now turn around and tell me that you don't think the post should have been moderated?

A "new low" for Pinside is something that would be moderated, don't you think?

The only drama was in your original post. You know, the one that has 8 thumbs down now (queue the claim of "same anti JJP posters" in 3...2....1...)

Try not to fanboy so much.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

2. Given the fact that I've been laid off twice in this industry so far, I must be the stupidest MFer on the planet to stay here if things are as bad as everyone thinks they are. So I guess the question is whether you think I'm a stupid MFer or not.

So anyone who thinks that JJP might not be in a good financial situation = them thinking you are a stupid MFer?

Obviously not the case. I don't think JJP is in a good financial situation, but I sure don't think you are stupid MFer either.

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I did a search on Pinside for the phrase "horse in this race" and It came up with 290

If you did a search for "no skin in the game" I bet you'd get twice as many results!

Edit: missed Fumbleflippers post!

#334 8 years ago
#528 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It was the best fix period! Some people put lame rubber shooter tips that did not work for long. Pinsiders are to dumb to realize a good fix when they see it . The guy that called it lame is not even on pinside anymore..LOL

Actually even he never called the fix itself lame. In fact, he called it a great fix! He just threw in some other crap about how the whole ramp should have been removed to do the fix to avoid dust from going in to the pin. I.e., he was being super anal.

It is very strange to me how there seems to be some kind of reputation for this fix as being ridiculous, funny, or not working. It was a great fix for the issue.

Anyway, I guess we have Alex to thank for the off topic discussion....

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Jack treats me great. No complaints here.

Are you now an employee? Do you receive compensation from JJP? When did that change? Last I heard you were a volunteer.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Irrelevant what I am. Though compensation does not dictate employment. Ask former NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg. I guess you could say he was a "volunteer" mayor as well?

If you aren't paid, it is highly relevant as you are completely removing one of the main determining factors in how an employee is being treated...which was the issue being discussed.

Why wouldn't Jack treat you well, especially if you are volunteering your services?

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They are not a serious competitor at this moment but they certainly could be. If they get to the point where they just crank out games quicker JJP would be a monster competitor.
Keith and Lawlor are just as good as Sheets and Borg/Ritchie. All JJP needs to do is put out product at a faster pace...they are a manufacturing company, they need product being manufactured for the market.

Not really. JJP sells $8500.00 (and up) pins.

Stern still sells pins in the $4700.00 range (in addition to the Premium and LE's).

If JJP continues to sell at higher and higher prices, Stern will still be selling a ton of pros and nobody else offers an alternative to that market segment.

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Rome wasn't built in a day".

Please.

JJP has been around more than long enough to have shipped more than one game. The above quote is nothing more than a strong supporter trying to give them another pass for yet another long delay in releasing product.

When will Hobbits actually start shipping? I previously said no sooner than September, but I think I was really being overly optimistic when I said that. November or December seems more likely to me.

Please JJP, prove me wrong!

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can't say anything positive about JJP without some of the same old bashers giving it a thumbs down. Sad. It is hilarious though to see the same 3 or 4 giving people giving a thumbs down to a positive JJP post for over 2 years now.

I went back and looked at the last several pages of posts.

I have no idea what you are talking about?

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Jack & Co., send me some gameplay/interview/other videos. I'll edit them very nice and fancy and we can put them out a little bit at a time. I'll do this free of charge.
EDIT: ok, nevermind... Just got a PM saying "Help is part of your name. Help Robin fix Pinside. That needs a lot more help than JJP. We are fine....really!"
Yea... can't really imagine why anyone would suggest JJP needs more help in the PR dept.... they got it goin' on.

Wow, Jack is sure sending an awful lot of PM's to Pinsider's who make comments here lately.

Fix Pinside? Last I checked, it wasn't broke.

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Uhh.....aaaagreeeeee?
Seriously...WTH happened to kaneda

I've been one of his big bashers in the past.

We are watching him grow up before our very eyes!

I've had good conversation with him via PM too. Hope he keeps it up...and also hope he doesn't let the compliments go to his head.

#900 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WTF, is there anyone Jack *isn't* PMing? Jack, you can't talk shit about people wasting too much time on here if you're going to take the time to privately message everyone!

I got one too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.