skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I disagree. Woz looks strange and not appealing from the 20 ft. The PF looks okay but the GI is so lame.

WOZ does look strange compared to other modern pinball machines. It doesn't look like the other modern pinball machines. It reminds me of my Twilight Zone which was from a time when pinball machines were loaded up with a lot of features, and mechanical toys. The large LCD automatically makes it look different then today's Stern's that still used small DMD's...Also, any game will look strange next to a modern Stern when it features unique side and head artwork on both sides of the cabinet

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Everytime I hear people say "stern must" I have to laugh. Stern is the only one who announces and ships games we can buy in a timely manner. If innovation means I have to wait a year or more after paying, no thanks. Once a game starts you look at the play field. I don't really get why people want clips playing so bad on an lcd. Nothing matters other than great play field design, flow and rule set.

The "player doesn't look at the screen" argument is old and many players do look at the screen, whether it be a DMD or LCD. I look at the LCD on my WOZ often as the game allows the player brief moments to do so and those moments add to my enjoyment of the game. This same argument doesn't appear to apply to Stern games as they are still using outdated tech so some people need to defend the older tech by saying "ah who cares, you never look at the screen"...If Stern suddenly switches to an LCD (they appear to be) you will hear very little complaints.

I should use the same approach when buying a car. Who cares what the back seat looks like when I sit in the front? Who cares what the center console looks like as I don't look at while I'm driving. The DMD is old and Stern is now charging JJP prices for games that don't feature a comparable number of features yet charge the same price at the LE level. I do think that they offer a good amount of value at the pro level but they are overcharging so much for their LE's today.

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

JJP really isn't a serious competitor to stern. They avg One new game what every 2 years?
LCDs are cool but they will easily increase the price of a pro by $1000 with the cost of the display and extra development needed. Not worth it. maybe on the LEs it is who knows

Let's say they have sold 3500 games between WOZ and The Hobbit at an average price of $7500. That's $26,250,000 that went to JJP and not Stern. That's a serious competitor as Stern had the market all to themselves before JJP and the other smaller pinball companies.

Personally I think JJP should also make a $5k game that is a standard body but still uses their LCD display and platform. They are missing out on a huge part of the pinball market by not offering a game in that price range. Maybe offer one unique high end game in the $8k range and a different game in the $5k range at the same time.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

They can't finish the the hobbit how could they manage another model lol #wheresthehobbit

"Rome wasn't built in a day". I'm sure there was a time when Stern wasn't cranking out 3-4 titles a year and selling them as well as they do today. JJP is still a relatively new business. It's going to take time for them to grow like any company.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yeah Stern is doing so bad they had to move into a bigger facility in order to keep up with the demand for their games as well as building future PPS games. I gaurentee you Stern is doing better then they were before JJP came around. They are selling premium and LE models cause JJP showed them people were willing to spend $6500+ for games if not more.
JJP has done nothing but made Stern stronger then they were 5 years ago.
Serious competition???? Ya that's a good one

I never said Stern was doing bad. They are doing well, very well from what it looks like. My point was that 3500 games sold by JJP is a lot of money that may have gone to Stern if they weren't around. A company is a competitor when its take potentially $26 million away from another company.

Also, JJP doesn't have to make a $5k machine if they don't want to. Is Ferrari a threat to Ford? Not really. Ferrari made a $363 million profit in 2013 while Ford posted a profit over $7 billion. Some people believe that JJP is not a success unless they are as profitable as Stern. That may never happen and it could be perfectly fine. Like Ferrari JJP has a smaller factory, lower operating costs and is making a higher end product then the competition.

#796 8 years ago

"We the consumers..." You are not a JJP consumer. You are a JJP troll who has been banned and keeps creating new accounts to keep trolling against JJP. It's old. Just create a dedicated "Bash JJP Thread" and keep all of the trash talk in there.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So you get that he's a troll, and yet you keep giving him exactly what he wants, you realize that? You're not winning here, you're losing. Put him on ignore (I don't even know which account you're replying to, I already did) and just stop feeding the troll.
Trolls get off on attention. They feel a sense of accomplishment when you complain about them and confront them. That's their win. Every single time you complain and confront you lose ground. Every post you make like that contributes to the noise and negative energy. Every time you quote some troll you spread their message to more people. Just stop it.
Click the ignore button, move on with your life. If everyone did that the trolls would dry up and go away, because no one would give them any attention.

Good idea. Let's prepare to ignore "CrazyMarshmallows and "CrazyPotatos" once his latest account is banned.

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Stern is trying to catch up to JJP technologically. JJP is trying to catch up to Stern in terms of production speed.
You're right it's not a fair comparison. Stern had a 30+ year head start. But I bet if you looked at what Stern did in the first half-dozen years, it's a fraction of what JJP has accomplished.

Great points. Some of Sterns best coded games are Keith Johnson games and some of their best sounding games are David Thiel games. JJP now has both and Ted Estes, who worked on TZ, working on The Hobbit. This game is going to be special when it comes out.

#811 8 years ago

You can't say anything positive about JJP without some of the same old bashers giving it a thumbs down. Sad. It is hilarious though to see the same 3 or 4 giving people giving a thumbs down to a positive JJP post for over 2 years now.

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not seeing that as much anymore... you talking recently?
I see far more "thumbs-up" than thumbs down lately.... granted some of those are critical posts.
Though, dont forget you need to divide some of those figures in half because of the "crazy"dupe accounts.

Thankfully it's no where near the same level as it used to be. It just seems to brewing again. Like ya said though half of it is likely due to the "crazy" accounts, lol.

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You haven't been able to say anything positive with out being negative against another company. I get tired of you telling me and others how we paid too much for a Stern because of some sort of toy issue .
A thumbs down from me or anyone else just means that we disagree with what you post or how you post. I am sure that I will disagree with you again very soon. SO WHAT !

You can read my comments about KISS. I've said several times that the game looks cool but believe that at the LE level Stern is not including enough to justify the price tag. I've also praised Sterns pro model and just purchased a Metallica Pro LED myself. However, I haven't repeatedly posted rude jabbing / troll fishing comments in Stern threads unlike some have done against JJP for years on end.

Also, I've never told anyone that they paid too much for a Stern due to a toy issue... That would be rude. I praised KISS and said that Stern should include more at the LE level such as the topper and other add ons being marketed.

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Seriously ? Take peoples money saying to will shit in 2014 and it is almost July 2015 and no game, you call that worked ?

JJP did deliver with WOZ. They shipped all 1000 LEs and 1000 standards. The Hobbit would already be out had the redesign never occurred. Thankfully it was delayed and a lot of improvments have been made.

Hey, at least when The Hobbit does finally ship owners won't have to wait 3 years for complete code, lol.

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Still taking shots at the other guys , I wonder if Gary is PMing Pinsiders for hateful posting ?

I know it was a jab. It was intended to be as you and several others have been taking shots at JJP for over two years now. Annoying isn't it? Now imagine reading those types those comments for two years...That's what many JJP supporters have been dealing with here.

The hateful and rude comments became so bad that the mods created a WOZ thread where nothing rude could be said about the game. Similar threads for Stern haven't been created as JJP supporters are not going into those threads with their only intention being to stir the pot.

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Let's not rewrite history Tank ! You have talked more shit and putting down the others guys since forever . The Fact is JJP was born out of hate for the other guys and has never stopped once !
I love when the offenders play victim.

I have purchased two NIB Stern games in the past 3 years (including one about a month ago) and compliment them often so stop spreading lies about me. You on the other hand have nothing good to say about JJP. Its jabs, jabs, jabs.

Also, JJP was born out of hate for the other guys? Wow. Lol! There are other people in this world that want to build pinball machines and its not a requirement for them to work for Stern.

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You are really confused about what you post. Almost all of my Jabs have been directed towards people that post like you.

I don't want to argue anymore. While we disagree on pretty much anything JJP related I do appreciate reading / watching your other helpful posts and videos. There I said something nice damn it, lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.