skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 8 years ago

The Chicago pinball mafia was the greatest comment last night.

He looked like he was about to break down in tears over the backglass issue, I don't blame him.

Thiel and Peel obviously have great passion and it shows big time.

Jack does too but I wish he would unload some of the victim baggage he seems to carry around.

I hate to say this but it sounds a little like Jpopish mode when he talks about "all we are trying to do is make great pinball for you consumers" and yes "pinball is hard". Hell yeah it is, I just wish he'd own it and not sound so hang dog at times.

They have accomplished a TON, have a great team, and great service. Play that trumpet for crying out loud. The dude from Chile and his excitement is what I'd like to see more of from Jack.

Sorry Jack, the world isn't going to feel sorry for you, we love what you are doing, but I'm not pulling out the hanky!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think WOZ is light years ahead of anything Stern has done, but it seems obvious Stern has now seriously upped the ante in the pinball battle. They probably have the capacity to pull a "Wal-Mart" on suppliers and require either exclusivity on certain parts, or priority over JJP, and this may be messing with JJP's production? I wouldn't be surprised. I think JJP needs to up their game now, in more ways than simply building better pinball machines.
One area where Stern is actively kicking JJP's ass isn't in pinball design, but marketing. They've very seriously taken their online presence and hired people to integrate with the community more comprehensively. They're putting a lot more information out on their products and progress. I haven't seen this with JJP. They're going to have to step this up. They're going to have to throw a few more bones to their customers. There should be more updates and features added to WOZ in the meantime to keep their market excited. There should be more stuff leaked. They do appearances at shows, but it would be nice to see more content generally showing up online.

Totally agree with all of this!

Btw, I'm outside by the pool Jack. It's a beautiful day here. Armchair judging is what happens every day in my world. From my chairs you got a lot of thumbs up and have for years

Defensive woe is me stuff usually doesn't work well but whatever floats your boat, I'm excited for you

#35 8 years ago

Wtf, I agree with every lucid statement lowepg just made . I forgot, it's a JJP thread

It's easy for me to ignore TH troll comments like "it will never be made"

I spent 4 yrs of non stop relentless BS re my Woz purchase. This is NOTHING. In fact, Pinside has gotten much softer, go back and pull up some of those threads

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ask the folks that paid into Predator or MG or AIW or RAZA if delivering a game in 2 years sounds like success?
I'm certainly no JJP cheerleader, but the guy said he'd build a new pinball machine.
(many have said the same)
He actually delivered.
(THATS a much smaller fraternity)

Are you positive about this? Breaking news again

#79 8 years ago

No idea how Jack maintains his sanity. Or Stern for that matter.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

...its called profit.

Stern i get, "profit" for Jack? I guess, hard to imagine there is enough $$$ in the world to put up with this shit.

I get why Stern drinks.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I realize this is a little off topic, but since you raised the point, I wanted to address it here.
IMHO, the primary reason that few trolls exist on the Spooky Pinball threads is because of HOW Charlie is managing his business:
1] Building and shipping quality games,
2] Promptly updating software,
3] Treating people with respect,
4] Engaging with the community, and
5] Incorporating constructive feedback.

Isn't that the truth.

I can't wait to see his new game and JJP's #3 with Lawlor.

#232 8 years ago

Let me start by saying I really want a TBL after/if it ever gets built.

Yet, despite all the BS and Philgate there are still a ton of people that have paid in are unwilling to even contemplate the possibilities.

Nobody says what a lot of people are thinking there.

Yet with Jack, and one great pin out the door and Keith, Estes and crew still working for him, maybe, just maybe, we might see pin #2

Either way, many people won't believe it until it starts rolling off the line. Just like Woz

I received my refund on TBL in Nov after Phil. I received my TH refund after expo because I didn't like the art or the theme that much.

Now I get to wait on both. If it's a horse race, I know where my money would go

#237 8 years ago

Keith said Lawlors pin will be announced and then ready to put on line and sold ala Stern.

It will never die Jack until you can make that happen.

Here's the great news for you. None of it means shit IF you make great pinball machines that people want to buy!

You know it. Look at Stern now. Wasn't all rosy 5 yrs ago

Plus you guys can capture the high ground on code as these things roll out

Either way, it's great for pinball that we have more choices. No doubt

Nobody knows all the details of anything but you can be your own worst enemy at times

#260 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure what Keith was alluding to was the fact that because he works there, hello, he has inside knowledge of what's going on.

1000% more than anybody else speculating on here.

As for the snide remarks. Sling away, plenty of smart ass comments going in one direction.

I love it, dish it right back Keith. And I'm sure he'd like to say a whole lot more about it

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No where for you to go! End of the line is JJP !

Leave it to McCune to throw that one out there. Good one Jimmy

#264 8 years ago

Just get the games out boys.

And just like Woz it will shut em up until the next delay or problem

Maybe one day you'll be good enough to carry Sterns jock

#303 8 years ago

I have my money on Alien and Andrew because of the jockey here and he's shipping Full Throttle next week

I got my refund thanks to Phil on TBL, because of the jockey.

The comparison of Andrew to DP is a joke right now. Just like comparing JJP to those two. A joke. Blah blah blah

Don't worry, I'm sure soon enough it will be just like Stern and they won't say shit to anybody about anything.

In fact, no doubt there will be a FB censorship leader coming on board soon enough

Keep posting Keith, screw em if that can't take what they dish out

#305 8 years ago

Sorry Aurich, great dude, and I'm sure the usual crowd will down vote this but maybe you should just focus on the pinball company you work for and help make sure we get our pins there.

Certainly entitled to your opinion and I value it, especially with your decision to enter and then exit TBL.

To be fair, I don't see you over on that thread sounding the alarm bells

1 week later
#631 8 years ago

On the positive side of things.

JJP has made a great pin in Woz, something to be extremely proud of and the sales speak for themselves.

TH looks like it's gonna be another winner as well

I'm in on Lawlors game, it should be phenomenal. And that in wont be on the pre order model.

Great customer service at JJP

Keep it up guys, looking forward to more great pins in the future!

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It is too early for Ice, the go go juice hasn't kicked in yet .

The key is staying out of the Jpop sewer. It's amazing how much better your outlook is re pinball.

It's called "happy juice" Jimmy

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've caught Jack lying enough, I no longer believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

He does seem to have the "politician" trait, telling people only what they want to hear. Some people lie when the truth would sound better.

I'm sure there are plenty of other vendor issues, quality etc. that are actually very much true, it's when you get caught lying about one, how can you ever believe what someone says again. That's why TH, like Woz, just needs to get out the door. I got a refund on TH after Expo. Will consider getting back in after I can play it.

Jeff obviously got paid for those 100 cabs and the other money he was owed right? That's a far cry from Jpop.

Blaming the cab guy for your own delays is bush league Jack. You gotta know that comes back around?

About the only pinball guy I would believe right now on anything is Charlie and the Spooky guys based on their track record. That's why I'll be buying a RZ, assuming the layout looks good and isn't typical cookie cutter.

Also, neither the way Jack is nor the way Gary is will keep me from buying a pin I like that is actually "ready" to buy.

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Shaking hands and kissing babies. Jack's ex-employees will tell you that's all he cares about. His image is WAY more important than the games he's trying to make.

If that is what he's really worried about then he should take a different approach because it's not appealing to the straight shooter crowd

Lying and telling people what they want to hear I guess is like "kissing babies", whatever, it all comes back around

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sigh. We DO love to use every Euphemism possible to NOT call it what it really is....

You mean that he is a liar. Ok, yes he is a liar, I'm sure he justifies it somehow in his mind like every other politician.

I think he said at the NW show there was still a 40 day backlog of Woz orders. But then how can you believe anything he says?

If Keith said it, that's a different story

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

But if Jack lies to Keith he may be unknowingly repeating lies.

I hear you but Keith has been around the block a few times.

I'm thinking he follows the "trust but verify" approach. He's no dummy and won't just parrot what Jack says.

I'm with Tiger, more pinball is a good thing. We need JJP in the business/hobby.

#701 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, for those people huge into themes themselves, think how much happier they would have been with clips from TWD show on an LCD than they were with dots.

How cool would it be to integrate clips from the TWD and heads getting lopped off!

If you like "dots" on a pin then you gotta love video, no?

Hopefully Stern will implement video with GOT, its time to get out of the 90's with "dots".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.