skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Very interesting when you pull the D&B report. I'd say it sheds a bright light on what's really going on and why you fail to see a production schedule. I bet vendors want payment up front. This is current and up to date.
IMG_3315.PNG

Ouch...

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Couple things to think about...
1. I don't know why people keep harping on the prepay model. Jack could've easily asked for money on Pat's game well over a year ago and you KNOW there'd be literally hundreds of people ready to Fry-up. That he hasn't done that should tell you something. It's true people might not be as enthused TODAY as a year ago, but I would wager there would still be a lot.
2. Given the fact that I've been laid off twice in this industry so far, I must be the stupidest MFer on the planet to stay here if things are as bad as everyone thinks they are. So I guess the question is whether you think I'm a stupid MFer or not.

2) No one is calling you dumb. You missed an option, you're not being told the truth or given the whole picture. I worked for a company where the owner falsified inventory to the bank. The bank called a 10mm(?) line of credit due and bankrupted the company. Was I dumbass that I didn't know that? Nope.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This happens every day in the US. The only time you are dumb is if an employer gets caught in a lie, and you fall for it twice. Been there myself with a job.

That whole mess resulted in me starting my own company which was very successful and led me to where I am today. So sometimes bad events lead to great things.

#332 8 years ago

2180 on "faith"

#364 8 years ago

JJP build quality - still no better than Stern. Which is no better than BW was.
JJP Problems - WOZ had it's fair share of serious problems. Most seemed to be fixed now. Stern ships pins out with serious problem and sometimes fixes them.
JJP BOM - Beats the hell out of stern. JJP threw so much stuff on WOZ I doubt they made a dime on them. Probably at 9k they do. Stern continues to ship less and less and charge more.
JJP shipping - This has become a joke. They still can't ship a machine anywhere near promised times and still three month people to death. Who knows when Hobbit will ship. Stern wins.
JJP Price - The price is too high Stern has a pro still, which they charge too much for. But at least it's a budget option. Nobody wins on this.

IMO, if you want more stuff on a machine JJP beats stern hands down. If you want a new machine now, stern beats the hell out of JJP. The rest is equal in my eyes. Now, as far as fun factor? Stern hasn't delivered a great machine since ACDC. The Hobbit looks like it might be fun but I've never played it.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Forgot the "IMO" on that statement. Star Trek and Metallica were both released since ACDC and both are great games (IMO). Both are also rated higher than WOZ, not that it matters.

It's all my opinion but I forgot about Metallica great pin.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Once again a few of the well known JJP haters sidetrack a thread, this is just getting so old.
The Hobbit and the talk at the NW show is the topic here, not this endless debate between JJP and Stern, (even managed to drag B/W into it this time).

Of course anyone's opinion who varies from yours is a hater. Noted. Here's a thought, if the pins would have shipped on time or jjp gave real updates there wouldn't be much noise in this thread. In absence of any new hobbit details people will pass the time chatting about related issues.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

How is an article from 1985 relevant to your current Dun & Bradstreet rating?

It's just more subterfuge since a poor rating on D&B is indefensible. The longer the lawsuit drags on and hobbit is not shipped only makes things worse.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The best way to cure that is to pay D&B a bunch of money. The only reason they don't call it a mafia protection racket is they wear suits. Dirt & Bags.

It doesn't work that way. No matter what anyone tells you

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Page 159 is the ramp dremel instructions j/k

The Woz manual needs to be updated reminding the user to spray static guard in the cold months for proper operation. Yep, this stuff just writes itself.

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Jack treats me great. No complaints here.

And in all fairness he doesn't pay you. He had better treat you well.

#573 8 years ago

#threemonths

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

This thread like most of Pinside threads of every topic are littered with off topic posts, hateful or false information as well as over-bumping of a topic. Newspapers print lots of sensational and bad news stories because it sells newspapers.
If this site had all good news and helpful topics always promoting Pinball - supposedly the thing we all love in common - that would not draw so many people to controversy to read this site minute by minute. To look at it like a train wreck about to happen and you cannot look away.
To sit at work while you either neglect your business or waste your Boss' money as you waste your day and night reading and posting here for absolutely no positive outcome. Yeah, OK - you were right - congrats!
My company is not going out of business - sorry to those tiny few vocal people who are upset by that - we are building and delivering every single game that we took a penny for in deposit money and yes - one day soon there will be games in boxes that you can actually buy without putting a penny down on or waiting weeks, months or years for.
Our vendors will be gossiping that they all got paid and the one or two vendors that think they have us hostage because of some tool or mold they own will no longer get to make money off of us.
We are committed to making the best pinball machines and taking care of our customers. If that upsets some people going forward, I guess they don't really love Pinball, they love to complain, to be jealous, hateful and hurtful and I'm not interested in feeding into that.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's day to all the Dads!

And posts like this are one of the main contributors to your problems on pinside. No matter how viciously anyone has attacked Stern, Gary has NEVER posted here.

#ownworstenemy

#690 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Keith said it, that's a different story

But if Jack lies to Keith he may be unknowingly repeating lies.

#691 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, that is a long time from now. I want the Hobbit bad but if Game of Thrones comes out first I'll be hard pressed to convince myself to wait.
I want JJP to not just survive but thrive. We need JJP in the hobby, we need them to get to where they release 1.5 - 2 titles a year, that would be huge.

We need a successful pinball manufacturer to compete with stern. Stern is laughing all the way to the bank because of jjp. That's not helping us.

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Why is that? The LCD will most likely be cheaper than the pricey LED displays they have been using. As long as they keep the development costs down for the on-screen content, the price should not go up nearly that much if at all.

Generating unique content for an LCD is going to be much more expensive than a dmd.

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, JJP doesn't have to make a $5k machine if they don't want to. Is Ferrari a threat to Ford? Not really. Ferrari made a $363 million profit in 2013 while Ford posted a profit over $7 billion.

People keep using a Ferrari reference. Not near being valid. If you love Woz that's cool. Ferrari ships solid cars, makes a huge profit off of them and ships multiple models. Woz was plagued with problems. Not a dig, to be expected on a first machine. But a Ferrari? No.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some people believe that JJP is not a success unless they are as profitable as Stern.

JJP will not survive without profits. As you'll see in the post quoted above Jack himself admits they can't survive making a game every 2.5 year which is their current trajectory again. Plus the lawsuit has to be hanging like a cash-sucking anchor around their heads. Profit is not evil, it's essential.

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Spoken like someone who's never owned one.
Nothing like 15-20k in maintenance every 20-30k miles.
Rule of thumb of Ferrari ownership. Expect a buck of maintenance for every mile driven.

I've owned multiple supercars. They all charge stupid maintenance fees in order to keep the warranty. The entry fee is cheap compared to the maintenance.

And no, I've never owned a Ferrari as I'm 6'4" and wouldn't fit in one.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Hobbit would already be out had the redesign never occurred. Thankfully it was delayed and a lot of improvments have been made.

You keep saying this but honestly I don't think it's true. The changes were really cosmetic for the most part. They were finished before the end of the year. It doesn't take 6 months to manufacture the new parts. It's just late, for whatever reason. Really late is to be expected with JJP. Until they ship a machine on time. So far 0 for 2. Just a fact. Although I might be called a troll for mentioning it by the "faithful"

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know it was a jab. It was intended to be as you and several others have been taking shots at JJP for over two years now. Annoying isn't it? Now imagine reading those types those comments for two years...That's what many JJP supporters have been dealing with here.

It's a valid point as neither company is doing it right. Although if you are going to take jabs at stern don't take the jjp jabs so seriously. You levied a valid criticism. Many are levying valid jjp criticisms. Again, read my first sentence

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

join the club....

I did too. It's not very exclusive...

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.