skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Those summary ratings don't give the full story. Any number of factors can go into why those statuses are listed. It also doesn't show the time span or the types of debt. It really doesn't tell you very much without some details.
Sure, the knee-jerk reaction is "yikes", but that really depends on how those ratings were determined. I bet amazon doesn't have a great rating just because their profit margin is non-existent.

You want details?? I could give you a list of some of JJP's vendors along with phone numbers. Give them a call and see how their dealings have gone with JJP. That D&B report seems spot on.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Brian Kelly probably doesn't know anyone in the industry, and likely is just making stuff up, right?

Bryan Kelly's an asshole and doesn't know shit. All my friends will tell you that. Especially the ones who bailed on TH long ago after hearing the vendor stories.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

2. Given the fact that I've been laid off twice in this industry so far, I must be the stupidest MFer on the planet to stay here if things are as bad as everyone thinks they are. So I guess the question is whether you think I'm a stupid MFer or not.

You're not a stupid MFer at all, Keith. As long as you're getting paid, enjoy what you do and are being treated with respect (unlike so many of JJP's past employees and vendors I've talked with) knock yourself out. You're one of the best in the business!!

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Agree. I would have preferred a playfield or reduced price on one which is what I asked for. I would actually do the swamp.

You don't even want to know how little Jack paid for the playfields. You could have paid $250 for one and he would have been making money on it. No idea what his new guy charges him.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The new ones are from Mirco apparently so I'd assume they are more.

I had a nice visit with Mirco at the Texas show.

#487 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't doubt this, but do you have a source for that statement? Was that confirmed somewhere?

No confirmation other than my word. The original maker of WOZ playfields and cabinets happens to be a friend of mine. We talk now and then.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wait....who the heck is Bryan Kelly?

Bryan Kelly is a guy who really wants to see JJP succeed, for the sake of those who have prepaid. Bryan Kelly also thinks WOZ is an incredibly well made game. Bryan Kelly doesn't have anything against JJP, other than the way Jack does business and how he treats his employees and his vendors. And Jack knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

#672 8 years ago

Jack says, "and the one or two vendors that think they have us hostage because of some tool or mold they own will no longer get to make money off of us."

Well, isn't karma a fucking bitch!!

I'll just tell this one story, but there are many. It's a few years ago and WOZ had been delayed many, many months. Many knew the issue was the light boards and they needed to be redesigned. But instead of telling people that, Jack makes all kinds of excuses. His favorite seemed to involve vendors either screwing things up and having to remake things, or they simply couldn't keep up. One of his Pinside posts blamed his cabinet guy. Seems Jeff was on vacation, it was the holidays, he couldn't make them fast enough, blah, blah, blah. At about that same time, guess who happens to be standing in Jeff's cabinet shop? Might have been me and a couple buddies. Guess what was loaded in a semi and stocked in the back of the shop? Might have been about 100 WOZ cabinets ready to ship. And the only God damn reason they weren't being shipped was because of the large amount of money Jack owed Jeff!! And it wasn't just Jeff who was owed large sums of money. There were others That's FACT!!

I've caught Jack lying enough, I no longer believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He does seem to have the "politician" trait, telling people only what they want to hear. Some people lie when the truth would sound better.

Shaking hands and kissing babies. Jack's ex-employees will tell you that's all he cares about. His image is WAY more important than the games he's trying to make.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jeff obviously got paid for those 100 cabs and the other money he was owed right?

I'll give you a guess and it has to do with the fact someone else is now making playfields and cabinets for JJP.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Wow, what a shock, another member who just joined today to Hate on Pinside....welcome....

Maybe not a hater. Maybe just someone who's heard the same stories so many others have. The pinball industry is really pretty small. It doesn't take long and most of those involved find out.

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Practice this a bit more, Jack, and you'll do just fine.

2 weeks later
#973 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

There is a few members such as Gambit & Bryan Kelly that have been quieter as of late for some reason. Makes you wonder.

Oh, I have things to say. Just don't have a reason to say them. And yes, I have gotten the Emails from Jack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.