skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

To compair JJP to Stern is a joke JJP started in 2011 in that time Stern has put out 13 new games and that does not count all the LE games or MMR and IM VE

We're talking quality...not quantity.

And again...let me remind you that Stern had a 40 year head start. Give Jack 40 years and get back to me.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

No to both. Never said it did. I was making the point that Stern is not behind in technology. In fact they are ahead, even if JJP system is more "powerful" from the standpoint of graphics.
Oh well, it is only pinball. STLE sits right next to WOZ in my gameroom.

Just to bring this back to topic. I am looking forward to playing Hobbit. I love drop targets and the idea of 15 individually controllable drops is intriguing to me.

You know, I'm starting to change my opinion about you. I used to think you just crapped on JJP whenever you posted. But these were two of the most clear-headed and (dare I say) mature things you've ever said. And it lends more weight to your opinions in the future (IMHO). Bravo!

Quoted from ek77:

I don't understand JJP fans tearing down Stern to build up JJP

And here's another person I've been starting to agree with more and more (which scares me).

I don't get why JJP fans do that either. I do think that Stern is a little more cheaply built than JJP machines. But you know what? My LOTR and ACDC are both incredible machines, and I love them both as much as my WOZ. I love my Williams machines, too. The more the merrier. Why ANYBODY wouldn't want more pinball companies (besides Gary Stern, of course) is a mystery to me.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I just dunno why Jack even gives estimates on delivery dates. He's just setting some people up for disappointment.

He's like the Santa Claus from Hell. "I'll be there on Christmas, kids!" "Oh, wait...I might be there for Valentine's Day!" "Okay...so it could be Memorial Day!" "You know what? Screw it. There's always next Christmas."

It sure does make waiting tougher.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Keith I think it's awesome you care about reliability and sevicability.
In the spirit of that, perhaps you can build in a config setting into WOZ so that the upper playfield flippers are not activated except when a ball is up there? It would reduce a tremendous amount of wear and tear on two major parts of the game that would be a real PITA to service on location. And there's no reason for the flippers to be activated if the ball flies up there when it's not supposed to - it should just fall back down otherwise it would be subverting the ruleset.
What are the chances of this reliability improvement being included in a future update?

I think he addressed this about a year ago in another thread and answered with a resounding "NO."

You make a good point, though. But if it's not going to change, it's not going to change. Quite frankly, I don't care either way, because if I'm going to do a flipper rebuild on a machine, I'm going to do EVERY flipper...not just the ones that need it that week. That's like replacing only one battery.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Wow. Pinside seems to have reached a new low.

Or at least we know what the D&B stands for now...and I'm pretty sure it's not Dun & Bradstreet.

#208 8 years ago

Sometimes there's a story behind the D&B reports...and the questionable numbers.

Just sayin'.

#225 8 years ago

Not Gary.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Gary has made untold fortunes by raising his prices... and I think a JJP failure now would have negative consequences for Stern.

Good point. But Gary still wants JJP to fail.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan Kelly's an asshole and doesn't know shit.

I'm a little shit and you know me. So that's something.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Whenever I read "wait and see", this is what pops into my head.
FamilyGuyWrongMuppets1.jpg

DaveWTF???

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from jsrfo:

Concerning the "bullshit" comment made to my statement on build quality, maybe build quality is something more of a personal perception. I retract my comment on that. If you feel they are the same in terms of build quality, then that's fine, if not, that's fine as well. We pick any number if thins we buy based on a personal perception. Why should buying a pin be any different. I get it. Our perceptions may be quite different.

Nope. You were pretty much spot on about the build quality. But sometimes playing a piece of shit is more fun than playing a beautifully constructed machine (even if the lights have problems sometimes!).

Don't listen to McCune. He's just upset because WOZ is built so well it's cutting into his future restoration profits.

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

"More expensive" is not necessarily synonymous with "higher quality"
I suspect WoZ playfields were more expensive that Sterns, but ask people that are dealing with prematurely chipping playfields (aka failing) which they'd perceive as having higher quality.
The first WoZ light board designs were surely more expensive than the ones designed into Stern's.... Higher quality?
I'd suggest JJPs have been built sparing very little expense- but some of that was also taking chances with new designs, new manufacturers, etc, and the trade off - in some cases- was quality. Magic Girl has an ever HIGHER BOM than WoZ ... would you say that's reflective of equally greater quality?

Literally only a handful of chipped playfields out of a couple/few thousand games.

#410 8 years ago

Hey Taylor! If that happened to me I would have been really pissed off. And if they wouldn't replace it, knowing me I would have bought another PF and sold the old one for artwork. Sucks to have to spend more on such an expensive machine. If it makes you feel any better, my lights still don't work in fall and winter. It's a two season game for me, and just some pretty furniture during the cold months.

#412 8 years ago

I have. I've done literally everything. Hopefully JJP will pull through with a permanent fix for me.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Please email [email protected] or call Frank at 732-364-9900 ext 222 Monday - Friday.
Frank and LTG have helped many customers along the way. They are great at what they do and no game is un-fixable. Please don't settle for a 2 season game as we want you to love your game year-round feel free to copy me on your emails to Frank as well. Thanks!

Thanks, Jen - I just want everybody to know that JJP service has been wonderful for me, and although I've had one of those early-adopter machines with light issues, they've always taken care of me. This too shall pass.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Vid, do you think that $200 is a normal price for a WOZ playfield? I don't believe that it is. If so please let me know where I can pick one up for that price if it is the norm.

I agree. I'd be in for more than one at that price. That sounds like the pre-production ones that are only good for hanging on the wall.

#515 8 years ago

I sure wish I was around two years ago to know what the f**k you guys are talking about...

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well said Jack. I got your back.

Last time a guy said that to me, I was in prison.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

sorry man but stern/sega killed WMS with cheaper easy to build games. Jack is WMS on steroids with the amount of gadgets and COG, unfortunately it will only take one bad game to bring them down. i hope I'm wrong. but going on pinside and telling people he will sue them because he dose not like the truth. will not help them at all. I will never EVER buy a JJP game because of that.

Please use normal sized fonts. I'm old and pretty f**king blind at this point.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Like JJP hasn't raised prices? Lol Stern is the best bang for your buck

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The "player doesn't look at the screen" argument is old and many players do look at the screen, whether it be a DMD or LCD. I look at the LCD on my WOZ often as the game allows the player brief moments to do so and those moments add to my enjoyment of the game. This
same argument doesn't appear to apply to Stern games as they are still using outdated tech so some people need to defend the old tech by saying "ah who cares, you never look at the screen"...
I should use the same approach when buying a car. Who cares what the back seat looks like when I sit in the front? Who cares what the center console looks like as I don't look at while I'm driving. The DMD is old and Stern is now charging JJP prices for games that don't feature a comparable number of features yet charge the same price at the LE level. I do think that they offer a good amount of value at the pro level but they are overcharging so much for their LE's today.

You're right. I never look at my GPS when I'm driving.

Love the LCD, although I do think it makes the game more fun for the people waiting their turn than it does for the person playing.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

They can't finish the the hobbit how could they manage another model lol #wheresthehobbit

They'll finish "the the hobbit." You, on the other hand, may never make your font a normal size or stop trolling JJP threads.

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Maybe its a good thing it bombed at Expo? It mid-June 2015 and its sounds like they are still working hard on basic features of the software for another few months. If it had shipped in 2014 as planned, it might have had Alpha software. Now at least it should ship with fairly complete software.

I really can't figure you out, John. On one hand, you say some of the most scathing things about JJP, and then on the other you say the most well thought out, supportive things. You're a mystery wrapped inside an enigma, man...

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I need to work on my scathing tone a little. Seriously though I like the Hobbit theme and love drop targets, so would be disappointed if this is not a really fun game. My feelings towards JJP are another matter and don't block my desire to play a game with 15 individually controlled drop targets.

And that kind of intellectual separation from the emotional is why I consider you one of the most intelligent people here.

#795 8 years ago

He uses the small font so that it's easier to ignore him.

#801 8 years ago

I'm a JJP supporter because I support pinball. I also support Stern, Dutch Pinball, Spooky, and all the other smaller manufacturers that are trying to keep this hobby interesting and cutting edge. I even rooted for the success of JPop and Skit-B. I don't root for people who rip off the people in this hobby who give them their support.

Jack hasn't done that. He delivered my WOZ, and he'll deliver my Hobbit. And until he rips me off (which I'm pretty sure won't happen), he'll have my support.

If you don't understand that, you have no business in this hobby.

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know it was a jab. It was intended to be as you and several others have been taking shots at JJP for over two years now. Annoying isn't it? Now imagine reading those types those comments for two years...That's what many JJP supporters have been dealing with here.

Be nice to Jim. He's a great guy. He's just angry because there's nothing to Festool on a WOZ.

#938 8 years ago

See...now I think it's exactly the opposite. I'm wary of people who won't shut up...they're clearly trying to convince you of something that's not true. The smart people shut up and let the facts speak for themselves.

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Any chance of this talking point video re-surfacing? I cant believe there is a 20 page long discussion based off a video clip thats hasn't been available since the first few pages.

You must be new to Pinside. Head on over to the Hobbit Update thread if you want to discuss cars.

1 week later
#968 8 years ago

Happens to me in all JJP/Hobbit threads.

1 week later
#988 8 years ago

It's also one of the best hidden gems in IJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.