skitb_update.jpg
TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PappyBoyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

IMHO, the primary reason that few trolls exist on the Spooky Pinball threads is because of HOW Charlie is managing his business:
1] Building and shipping quality games,
2] Promptly updating software,
3] Treating people with respect,
4] Engaging with the community, and
5] Incorporating constructive feedback.

I have often wondered this too. Why are there more trolls on JJP than any other threads? There must be a reason, or several reasons. I would like to add that all the delays on WOZ and the missinformation has incited lots of the negativity towards JJP. The last year and a half of waiting for my WOZ was the worst and it is the primary reason I did not preorder TH.

I love Jacks passion and every time I have met him he's always been pretty cool. However, the mud slinging at Gary and Stern very early on probably had a little to do with the division. Personally I thought it was poor form for somebody coming out as the first new pinball manufacturer in years.

So, yes, it all starts with Jack.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

What are the chances of this reliability improvement being included in a future update?

That will never happen. Keith has always been consistent with that.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Having read pretty much every JJP thread for nearly four years, I believe there are a handful of people who would love to see the company fail. That's sad, but I think it's true.

Not true. I have never met a single person in the hobby that want's JJP to fail. I've read most threads regarding JJP too for the last four years too. We have some trolls but they are just trying to yank your chain and it works almost every single time. Like it's been said so many times. Don't feed the trolls.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now I get to wait on both. If it's a horse race, I know where my money would go

I feel the same way. I think once JJP starts to build TH then maybe they will get some more people interested (including myself). I'm over here waiting to see the game built. Once it's built then you will see me giving my money to JJP.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm pretty sure what Keith was alluding to was the fact that because he works there, hello, he has inside knowledge of what's going on.
1000% more than anybody else speculating on here.

I agree Iceman. I think he was trying to reassure us a little.

#326 8 years ago

I did a search on Pinside for the phrase "horse in this race" and It came up with 290

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am sure I will get a awesome game with a finished and awesome game code. And with the names above on this game. My money is save!

While I don't want anyone to lose their preorder money. Lets all try to keep things in perspective. I want JJP to succeed not only for us pinheads who have money to burn on a pinball machine. But mostly because there are employees at JJP who's livelihoods depend on TH getting built. Not trying to preach here but lets try to remember this.

I said the same thing about Stern many years ago when it "seemed" people wanted them to fail because they were including less and less "features" on their games. They were in survival mode and laying people off. Still some said it would be great if they went out of business because somebody else would build pinball machines. Just saying.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you did a search for "no skin in the game" I bet you'd get twice as many results!
Edit: missed Fumbleflippers post!

Quoted from fumbleflippers:

"skin in the game" has 596!

Lol, another good one. I laugh every time somebody says that. You know BS is about to flow.

1 week later
#593 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Really? You are embarrassed to post on a pinball fourm, that is easy DON'T POST !

Post of the week.

1 week later
#929 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The Fact is JJP was born out of hate for the other guys and has never stopped once !

Very interesting statement. Very early on this was mostly true. Today..I'm not so sure.

#939 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Born means then. You are not born then and today?

Read the whole sentence. He said "it has never stopped since".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PappyBoyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tu=PappyBoyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.