TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 992 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 8 years ago

More and more delays how long before the license for the movie runs out? Or has it already? Who knows

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

There are quite a few presidents, but I don't see much maligning to those individuals.

Look, here's the reality: Jack likes to be combatant. He's got his Jersey personality, he likes to be bombastic, it's just his nature. And that's fine. I'm not his nanny. I'm just saying, maybe pick fights with individuals if you really want to do that sort of thing, instead of constantly going "oh Pinside". Lots of people here want him to succeed. I know I do. Pinball is healthier with competition IMHO.

I'm not sure it's done much for us in the price department, JJP taught Stern they could charge more, but I think Stern is competing harder now.

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

More and more delays how long before the license for the movie runs out? Or has it already? Who knows

I doubt that severely. They will be making them for as long as they are selling just like WOZ.

#654 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Yes, the license for the game they originally "had to have out" by December is already expired in June.

#655 8 years ago

I remember posting in a WOZ thread a few years ago saying that I would be so pleased when the machines shipped and all of the rumors, all of talk of doom and gloom would finally dissipate. Déjà vu.

#656 8 years ago

I would wager if Jack was anywhere close (say july) to production, he would be tripping all over himself to tell us.

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I would wager if Jack was anywhere close (say july) to production, he would be tripping all over himself to tell us.

Do you really think Jack wants to listen to all the grief he would get for setting any deadline?

#658 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

If they are really ready for production anytime soon they could post some pictures of cabinets, parts on shelves etc. it's awfully concerning they haven't. Just because they made one game before doesn't mean something can't go wrong. D&B Credit ratings if true are a red flag. The Elaut lawsuit another possible red flag. Another delay I hope it's only a delay.

#659 8 years ago

Evidently it hasn't bothered him before, right Tex?

Just going off of past history here.

He could change mode of operation at any time.

I am rooting for JJP, looking forward to Lawlor's game.

#660 8 years ago

Remember this game was supposed to be out in time to coincide with last movie in theaters

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Remember this game was spouse to be out in time to coincide with last movie in theaters

Not only was it supposed to be out, jack used it as a selling tool to soothe preordering apprehension after he struggled to get WOZ out. Then they sold the TH delay on feedback from expo retooling where the bulk of the constructive critism came from pinside. The same pinside that jack now belittles. Gambit said it best, the martyr role is unbecoming. People are looking to see if everything passes the sniff test. Before I'm labeled a WOZ hater/troll, I have bought WOZ twice. The second time thinking I didn't give it a fair shake the first time. I wanted to love it and support a fledgling company but just couldn't get into the gameplay. Aesthetically, its the prettiest game I have ever owned; both times. Head and shoulders above the competition.

#662 8 years ago

News Alert! Crazy Banana learns English from crack smoking pygmies.

Jack, keep on keeping it real. If the game is good (and I know it is) people will buy it. People feel powerless and like to boost their self esteem with business advice and threats to never buy on forums. It's always the same.

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

News Alert! Crazy Banana learns English from crack smoking pygmies.
Jack, keep on keeping it real. If the game is good (and I know it is) people will buy it. People feel powerless and like to boost their self esteem with business advice and threats to never buy on forums. It's always the same.

Who doesn't love their crack

#664 8 years ago

#pygmiecrack

#666 8 years ago

What kind of self respecting crack addict goes back and fixes misspelled posts?? Disappointed.

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Jack has done what he planed to do, and that was build a far superior pin(WOZ).

Superior to what exactly? Predator? Magic Girl? I'll give you those but thats about it.

#668 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Remember this game was supposed to be out in time to coincide with last movie in theaters

Quoted from smassa:

Superior to what exactly? Predator? Magic Girl? I'll give you those but thats about it.

Jack was proved right going with the WOZ theme. Whether you like the game itself is another matter but I think most people would say it's a great game of it's kind. This delay cannot be anything but bad news for operators. Unlike WOZ the hobbit theme showing actors like Freeman is going to be old news. I still think it will sell in big numbers. Last night I looked at Kiss videos and Hobbit. I'm confident most people will think the latter is in a different league.

#669 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Jack was proved right going with the WOZ theme. Whether you like the game itself is another matter but I think most people would say it's a great game of it's kind. This delay cannot be anything but bad news for operators. Unlike WOZ the hobbit theme showing actors like Freeman is going to be old news. I still think it will sell in big numbers. Last night I looked at Kiss videos and Hobbit. I'm confident most people will think the latter is in a different league.

I have to agree. WOZ has not only a different look but a really solid feel as well. If others don't agree then you're not wrong it's just you have different priorities as to what makes a great game. As far as Jack goes he promised me a game and I got one (eventually) so he's OK in my book.

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

It will not sell if they can't build it.

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bet if you printed this out your parents would put it on their refrigerator with a magnet.

Well warrented: Oh, Snap!

// Error: Image 419033 not found //

#672 8 years ago

Jack says, "and the one or two vendors that think they have us hostage because of some tool or mold they own will no longer get to make money off of us."

Well, isn't karma a fucking bitch!!

I'll just tell this one story, but there are many. It's a few years ago and WOZ had been delayed many, many months. Many knew the issue was the light boards and they needed to be redesigned. But instead of telling people that, Jack makes all kinds of excuses. His favorite seemed to involve vendors either screwing things up and having to remake things, or they simply couldn't keep up. One of his Pinside posts blamed his cabinet guy. Seems Jeff was on vacation, it was the holidays, he couldn't make them fast enough, blah, blah, blah. At about that same time, guess who happens to be standing in Jeff's cabinet shop? Might have been me and a couple buddies. Guess what was loaded in a semi and stocked in the back of the shop? Might have been about 100 WOZ cabinets ready to ship. And the only God damn reason they weren't being shipped was because of the large amount of money Jack owed Jeff!! And it wasn't just Jeff who was owed large sums of money. There were others That's FACT!!

I've caught Jack lying enough, I no longer believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've caught Jack lying enough, I no longer believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Can he interest you in a 1987 Honda Accord with low mileage. Or COME ON DOWWWWWWN TO CRAZY JACKS ELECTRONICS EMPORIUM. Deals so hot they fell off my cousins truck!

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

If they are really ready for production anytime soon they could post some pictures of cabinets, parts on shelves etc. it's awfully concerning they haven't. Just because they made one game before doesn't mean something can't go wrong. D&B Credit ratings if true are a red flag. The Elaut lawsuit another possible red flag. Another delay I hope it's only a delay.

They did it was a picture of the back glass before it went bad.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He does seem to have the "politician" trait, telling people only what they want to hear. Some people lie when the truth would sound better.

I'm sure there are plenty of other vendor issues, quality etc. that are actually very much true, it's when you get caught lying about one, how can you ever believe what someone says again. That's why TH, like Woz, just needs to get out the door. I got a refund on TH after Expo. Will consider getting back in after I can play it.

Jeff obviously got paid for those 100 cabs and the other money he was owed right? That's a far cry from Jpop.

Blaming the cab guy for your own delays is bush league Jack. You gotta know that comes back around?

About the only pinball guy I would believe right now on anything is Charlie and the Spooky guys based on their track record. That's why I'll be buying a RZ, assuming the layout looks good and isn't typical cookie cutter.

Also, neither the way Jack is nor the way Gary is will keep me from buying a pin I like that is actually "ready" to buy.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He does seem to have the "politician" trait, telling people only what they want to hear. Some people lie when the truth would sound better.

Shaking hands and kissing babies. Jack's ex-employees will tell you that's all he cares about. His image is WAY more important than the games he's trying to make.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jeff obviously got paid for those 100 cabs and the other money he was owed right?

I'll give you a guess and it has to do with the fact someone else is now making playfields and cabinets for JJP.

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Shaking hands and kissing babies. Jack's ex-employees will tell you that's all he cares about. His image is WAY more important than the games he's trying to make.

Kissing babies by day threatening to sue pinsiders by night...... What a guy

#679 8 years ago

'Ready' to buy. There's the trick Ice-bro. Bryan F'ing Kelly is kickass in my book. If he claims it, Jack defames it. I was out after I bought Woz, never again unless post production ready.

It's almost July people! TH was set to ship last Nov/Dec. with everything going on with money, I absolutely believe it's a paying the bills death spiral for JJP.

Nuff bashing. Now take on good news. Jack ain't no dummy. He can pull his company in any direction needed quickly and if, IF money is the issue, not vendors/suppliers, JJP may come out on top. Also, Jack taking feedback from community was great. His learning curve was a shitload shorter than Sterns was.

But IMO, JJP needs to sell a lot of already made WOZ's and TH's to catch up or Stern will be the only one back in the game soon enough.

Are WOZ's presently not on back orders right now?

#680 8 years ago

How did some early playfields loose paint and show accelerated wear ?

A) Defective playfiled construction ( paint , prep,etc.)

B) "Some people had the bumpers turned up way high and caused damage" says Jack.

I think most objective people select "A" but it does sound like an excuse.
Some people got stickers for the fix.....pretty lame IMHO.

Band Aid on a bullet hole.

#681 8 years ago

Original WOZ was cc'd cab, tough as nails and beautiful. I own one. Unless you smash it on the corner or hit it directly with a bat, good luck damaging it unlike decals.

Then later WOZ's shipped with decals.

Back glass delammed and pf's losing artwork early? Cheaper vendors to cut costs. When it works, genius. When it doesn't.... Death spiral. Hopefully TH later models will be better than early versions?

#682 8 years ago

I went to the PHOF last night and for the first time in 2 years,I caught a group of people playing WOZ . I think it has 5 pf lights that actually light up.

The Stern Star Trek sitting right next to it was turned off and I assume broken? I think I have been to the PHOF over 10 times in two years.

I am pretty sure the group of people playing WOZ were attending the Las Vegas EDC event at the speedway, WOW, what a group of people.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There were others That's FACT!!

Facts, Smacts, YOU DONT LOVE PINBALL!

Quoted from iceman44:

He does seem to have the "politician" trait,

Sigh. We DO love to use every Euphemism possible to NOT call it what it really is....

Quoted from iceman44:

That's why TH, like Woz, just needs to get out the door.

I said it a long time ago and I certainly haven't seen anything to refute it lately:

JJP will not ship one TH as long as they can keep building WoZ machines and collect new money.... I think jack said there was still a few weeks of WoZ's backordered last time it came up. Expect Th to miraculously/coincidentally be ready to go after the last WoZ rolls off the line.

PS- spare me the story about how they are setup to run 2 machines simultaneously....

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

B) "Some people had the bumpers turned up way high and caused damage" says Jack.

That may be the "direct cause" in a very few cases, but the "root cause" in all cases was neglecting to put in $0.75 worth of mylar in the pop bumper area like every other game came from the factory since the beginning of time.

#686 8 years ago

I can't imagine JJP having an open house towards the end of August and NOT having them on the line. This would be a disaster and would only inflame the rumors and speculation even more.

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If that is what he's really worried about then he should take a different approach because it's not appealing to the straight shooter crowd

Lying and telling people what they want to hear I guess is like "kissing babies", whatever, it all comes back around

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sigh. We DO love to use every Euphemism possible to NOT call it what it really is....

You mean that he is a liar. Ok, yes he is a liar, I'm sure he justifies it somehow in his mind like every other politician.

I think he said at the NW show there was still a 40 day backlog of Woz orders. But then how can you believe anything he says?

If Keith said it, that's a different story

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I can't imagine JJP having an open house towards the end of August and NOT having them on the line. This would be a disaster and would only inflame the rumors and speculation even more.

Gosh, that is a long time from now. I want the Hobbit bad but if Game of Thrones comes out first I'll be hard pressed to convince myself to wait.

I want JJP to not just survive but thrive. We need JJP in the hobby, we need them to get to where they release 1.5 - 2 titles a year, that would be huge.

#690 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Keith said it, that's a different story

But if Jack lies to Keith he may be unknowingly repeating lies.

#691 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, that is a long time from now. I want the Hobbit bad but if Game of Thrones comes out first I'll be hard pressed to convince myself to wait.
I want JJP to not just survive but thrive. We need JJP in the hobby, we need them to get to where they release 1.5 - 2 titles a year, that would be huge.

We need a successful pinball manufacturer to compete with stern. Stern is laughing all the way to the bank because of jjp. That's not helping us.

#692 8 years ago

Aurich hit the nail on the head. JJP needs to act professional. Isn't Jen running PR? They need one point of communication and it needs to be professional and honest. What's frustrating people is not the delay, it's that they are not getting the truth about why it's delayed. Such an easy thing being honest and upfront.

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Jack has done what he planed to do, and that was build a far superior pin(WOZ). He wanted to make TH better than WOZ.
Last Dec. when it was revealed most were not pleased, so rather than produce what he had, he improved it. When has anyone else done that?

So true! The bloated hypocrisy and wanton ignorance around here is getting hard to stomach. The blowhards spouting from their sweating towers of morality really need to look in the mirror.

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

But if Jack lies to Keith he may be unknowingly repeating lies.

I hear you but Keith has been around the block a few times.

I'm thinking he follows the "trust but verify" approach. He's no dummy and won't just parrot what Jack says.

I'm with Tiger, more pinball is a good thing. We need JJP in the business/hobby.

#695 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, GoT could be a game-changer for me.... But then again, I thought the same thing about TWD, but after playing it, I passed on it.

The question is "which Stern" will we see for GoT? Will we see gorgeous artwork (ala kiss/met) or overly photoshopped stuff with a big HBO logo on it?

JJP has also spoiled as to what CAN be done with sound and video.... With the hundred+ hours of HD video at their disposal, I'm going to be disappointed if Stern doesn't up their game a bit for GoT..... Cuz then I'll be passing again and waiting Lawlor.

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

JJP has also spoiled as to what CAN be done with sound and video.... With the hundred+ hours of HD video at their disposal, I'm going to be disappointed if Stern doesn't up their game a bit for GoT..... Cuz then I'll be passing again and waiting Lawlor.

Yea, the time is now for Stern to make the move to LCD screens. Not sure what else they could be waiting for: they've moved, they have their new boards, they have a hot IP property with tons of video work in the library with GoT.

JJP has a visually stunning set of three movies with the Hobbit for their display. The Hobbit will literally fly off the shelf of distros once made. I can't imagine what the early people will be reselling theirs for, it will be high prices I'm sure. Lots of people like me want the game but won't preorder. Just waiting for a distro I trust to have one ready.

#697 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

JJP has a visually stunning set of three movies with the Hobbit for their display. The Hobbit will literally fly off the shelf of distros once made. I can't imagine what the early people will be reselling theirs for,

I don't get why a TV in a pinball machine matters ? What is on the PF and game play is so much more than a blu-ray dvd!

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't get why a TV in a pinball machine matters ? What is on the PF and game play is so much more than a blu-ray dvd!

No one said it was MORE important than the PF, but that doesn't make it inconsequential.

Otherwise, who cares about cabinet art or the backglass or the sound, etc, etc.

Hell, Ive even seen some of these "High-end Restore type guys" actually refinishing the INSIDE of the cabinet... and the BOTTOM of the playfield.... and completely refinishing the cabinets.... lol- those guys must be dolts!

#700 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Makes the game look more modern. Guests are drawn to my RFM more than to my TWD, the display makes it look more attractive.

Also, for those people huge into themes themselves, think how much happier they would have been with clips from TWD show on an LCD than they were with dots.

WOZ looks more modern than any stern. Only ST LE/Prem holds a candle to WOZ's light show in my personal opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

13,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 992 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.