TH_glass.jpg
jjp.jpg
clint-eastwood-557.jpeg
9015268_500.jpg
dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg
Darth_Vader_Grip.jpg
HOB.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 992 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had one customer tried this before JJP made the printed manual. They were quoted $130.
LTG : )

That's kinko's for you. Go to an online printer like shortrunpringingltd.com and you'll get it for like $20 shipped.

#502 8 years ago

DUP

#503 8 years ago

DUP 2

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

1985 called..., they want their piss poor printed manual back that you can't even read a schematic on

My original manuals for older games look just fine, I can read everything perfectly in them, especially the schematics.

xr1kb.pngxr1kb.png

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The WOZ manual is 380 pages

Is that double sided?? Or total pages?

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is that double sided?? Or total pages?

Single pages. Also included pricing cards as well.

#507 8 years ago

Thanks. So 190 double sided is not tooo bad...

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks. So 190 double sided is not tooo bad...

To compare the AD DC manual is 158 single pages, no color, and appears to be a scan of a printed manual.

JJP's manual is rather amazing in quality. Frankly it a bit over the top to be honest - has major polish for sure.

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

To compare the AD DC manual is 158 single pages, no color, and appears to be a scan of a printed manual.

I wouldn't know, never had to un-staple it from the cabinet!

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I wouldn't know, never had to un-staple it from the cabinet!

Page 159 is the ramp dremel instructions j/k

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I just checked the ramp modifications info and its been deleted. Dang!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-cannon-double-ball-load-fix-and-band-fix-for-premiumle

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The Woz manual needs to be updated reminding the user to spray static guard in the cold months for proper operation. Yep, this stuff just writes itself.

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

And people pinched a fit when robin tried to take the edit power away from users... cases like the above are real and a detriment.

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Page 159 is the ramp dremel instructions

It was the best fix period! Some people put lame rubber shooter tips that did not work for long. Pinsiders are to dumb to realize a good fix when they see it . The guy that called it lame is not even on pinside anymore..LOL

#515 8 years ago

I sure wish I was around two years ago to know what the f**k you guys are talking about...

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Is that the best you got ?

#517 8 years ago

People like Jim and Bryan... staples of the Hobby. I would believe them if they told me the sky was green and the grass blue rather than trust well...never mind In this hobby there are people who will sell you something worth while and other who will just SELL you first chance they get.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

People like Jim and Bryan... staples of the Hobby. I would believe them if they told me the sky was green and the grass blue...

If anyone told me the sky was green and the grass blue, I would take a quick look outside and then turn around and tell 'em they were full of shit.

Trust, but verify.

2af5f2a53b28bde96dbdacc4eb3800de.jpg2af5f2a53b28bde96dbdacc4eb3800de.jpg

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

If anyone told me the sky was green and the grass blue, I would take a quick look outside and then turn around and tell 'em they were full of shit.

My grass is blue kentucky blue and with all the farting lately the sky is looking green.

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Actually, no. I am totally fine with opinions that are different than mine. Just ask Vid. I disagree with him, but he adds insight and a historical perspective when he scrapes the bottom.

"Historical Perspective" -- Vid, I think he just called you old!

#521 8 years ago

If the main complaint with JJP is their manual- then I'm pretty sure it's time for Jack to bust open the champaign and celebrate.....

(Btw- felt the same way about the "furor" over coin mechs in MMr)

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If the main complaint with JJP is their manual- then I'm pretty sure it's time for Jack to bust open the champaign and celebrate.....

I agree, are we arguing/complaining over a manual!? Of all the things to hit JJP on the head over I wouldn't have thought it would be the manual. By industry standards it is incredible --- but it's just a manual.

#523 8 years ago

Any chance you're still planning on posting D&B's for other pin companies (Stern, Heighway, Spooky, etc.)? Sorry in advance if you've already posted them somewhere else.

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Ouch this was emailed this morning! Not looking GOOD! The Paydex rating is in the toilet.
IMG_5794.PNG

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree, are we arguing/complaining over a manual!? Of all the things to hit JJP on the head over I wouldn't have thought it would be the manual. By industry standards it is incredible --- but it's just a manual.

Butch close your ears......I'm pretty sure Goronic didn't mean "just" a manual it is an incredible piece of work!

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It was the best fix period! Some people put lame rubber shooter tips that did not work for long. Pinsiders are to dumb to realize a good fix when they see it . The guy that called it lame is not even on pinside anymore..LOL

I did this to mine and it took me all of 5 minutes. Easiest fix and most reliable way to not get the cannon jammed up.

Thanks Jim!!!

#526 8 years ago

I getting bored...can someone post some boobs or even a noone?

#527 8 years ago
Dorthy.jpgDorthy.jpg
#528 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Actually even he never called the fix itself lame. In fact, he called it a great fix! He just threw in some other crap about how the whole ramp should have been removed to do the fix to avoid dust from going in to the pin. I.e., he was being super anal.

It is very strange to me how there seems to be some kind of reputation for this fix as being ridiculous, funny, or not working. It was a great fix for the issue.

Anyway, I guess we have Alex to thank for the off topic discussion....

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He just threw in some other crap about how the whole ramp should have been removed to do the fix to avoid dust from going in to the pin. I.e., he was being super anal.

Completely ridiculous to pull the ramp for a 2 second fix. I guarantee you would do more damage to the pin by removing the ramp to avoid a little dust!

Pinsiders know best and that is why I yanked the info.. It was way over some peoples head !

It became know that I was some sort of hack with a Dremel from the WOZ crowd? F"ing classic.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It became know that I was some sort of hack with a Dremel from the WOZ crowd? F"ing classic.

The sure sign of a hack is a nice workshop with a Festool setup. Dead giveaway.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

However, I have been online since 1986 with a 300bps modem on an Apple //e, so I'm no stranger to flame wars and have certainly been part of my fair share. That background does tend to make it relatively easy to goad me into fights, and I just view it as a reality of fora life.

I can relate. I ran the one of the longest continually-operating BBSes in the United States, predating the USBBS list. Early Fidonet adopter. Early Internet adopter as well. (I was recently hired by Amazon.com to bust some patent infringement cases against them because their research team found I had the earliest prior art relating to online information systems) Although my first computer prior to messing with mainframes was a TRS-80. That you started with an Apple probably explains your attitude.. lol

There are several reasons for this, although you are bringing a private forum's conversation into public, which I would argue is not the best form.

The best information I had was that the knowledge of it was limited to very few people, probably < 5, in a very specific geographical location, Detroit.

If that was the case, you blew it into the wide open on a much larger forum, and after that it was publicly known. If you wanted to keep it secret, why post there? And if it was ok to post there because that was an insulated area of premier players, your decision to keep the details secret, even among IFPA tourney organizers, seemed a bit frustrating. I'm not sure how else it can be taken when you reveal there's a bug, but you won't go into details on it, right before there are various state championships where it's likely the game would be played. If anything, you motivated a ton of competitive players to try to figure out the bug.

I understand not wanting to reveal all the details. But at least you could have talked to tournament organizers. I used WOZ in our state championship (and I didn't want to take it out of the tourney - it's a great tourney game). Luckily nobody used the bug. But we were wary of something possibly going down because we didn't know how many people knew about it, and it was frustrating to be "out of the loop."

There is no fucking way I'm sharing an exploit that could make it very easy for people to rack up credits (and cause Great Harm to earnings) on location games without having a fix available.

With all due respect, isn't "causing great harm" a bit dramatic? Anybody who could actually exploit that bug consistently would be an exceptionally high-level player that would not be a typical customer for an operator anyway, and could probably play indefinitely on most pinball machines. (Details on what I discovered relating to this issue: http://pinballhelp.com/woz-throne-room-bug-exposed/ )

Is there a variation of the bug that would allow an inexperienced player to rape the machine? That remains to be seen. From what I've gathered, you have to get ECMB going and then make a bunch of very specific shots and it's not easy to do. I don't see this bug being something operators really had to worry about.

I was hoping to roll the fix in to a bigger release. Due to the actions of some very self-centered individuals (MUH WPPRS), I was forced to go back a version and do an emergency fix to protect operators of our product.

Are you referring to me? Is it self-centered to go public with a bug that is known to be exploited in the wild for which there isn't a release yet available? Right before the IFPA championships?

You are a software guy. You've been around. Surely you know how this deal works? If there's a bug being actively exploited and either the people who need to know about how to protect against it aren't told, and/or it's being exploited in the wild, the smart move is to go public and level the playing field, and force a fix. That's what I did. That's what happened. Mission accomplished. I'm sorry it inconvenienced you, but it also inconvenienced me that I had to police tournaments because I wasn't worthy of knowing what was going on.

ust because you and a couple people you know want it doesn't make it "much-desired." To this day, no one from JJP support has informed me that there is a mountain of desire for such a feature, or even that there's any desire at all.

Also, your understanding of what I told you is incorrect. At no point did I say that I'm not doing it simply because it takes the fun out of cheating, I was responding to your specific comment that it subverts the ruleset and therefore shouldn't be allowed. I have basically stated there is no way anyone has thought through all of the issues involved and I maintain that's still true now.

If you have some other reason Keith for requiring two extra sets of flippers to be continuously firing even when there's not a ball anywhere near them, I'd like to hear it.

I know you to be a smart guy, so your explanation for why you won't make that an option, does not seem to make sense to me. If your emphasis as you say, is on creating value for operators, then this is a NO BRAINER and as you know, operators don't give a flip about whether there's a "dirty pool" easter egg buried in the code. It has no bearing on their bottom line. But what does? A flipper that doesn't work because it's prematurely worn out because it fires when it's not needed.

I can't believe that you, me or anyone would need to create a petition to justify what seems to be such an obvious feature to the game.

Pascal Janin, unarguably one of the most brilliant engineers in the pinball industry, created an add-on board to fix this design oversight in TSPP http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php?lg=en&flippp=orsala2168icrq3kf9t35s75k0

With the new hardware system, it seems to me this could be easily addressed. I had no idea we even needed to rally a group up to convince you this was an important thing to address. When third parties, especially renown pinball engineers are augmenting your designs, I thought that might make it obvious...

Hopefully you have a better understanding of the business sense behind the 2 decisions now.

I don't really understand the business sense, sorry. I haven't seen a convincing argument yet but I value and welcome the chance to discuss this. I don't mean to harp on it, but I can't see where from a business or play perspective this is that complicated an issue. If it's just too hard for you to do, or you have better things to do with your time, that would be a better reason than what I've heard so far.

#532 8 years ago

Lol I bet the up start bug in umk3 caused more of a headache than a low level pinball people hardly play outside of home or collectors. This is pinball in the 2k era not the 70s when it actually made money. People get big fat heads about pinball like it farking matters at all in the real world. Not exactly like its uncharted 4 or gears 4 or something. You act like someone found out to over ride launch data on a gtr and keep warranty. It's a fucking pinball machine who cares.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I can relate. I ran the one of the longest continually-operating BBSes in the United States, predating the USBBS list. Early Fidonet adopter. Early Internet adopter as well. (I was recently hired by Amazon.com to bust some patent infringement cases against them because their research team found I had the earliest prior art relating to online information systems) Although my first computer prior to messing with mainframes was a TRS-80

We've got to chat and reminisce sometime! I also ran a BBS that participated in Fidonet. I'm still in the list of them: http://bbslist.textfiles.com/336/

I remember that era well. Kathy Ireland images burned up my modem.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We've got to chat and reminisce sometime! I also ran a BBS that participated in Fidonet. I'm still in the list of them: http://bbslist.textfiles.com/336/
I remember that era well. Kathy Ireland images burned up my modem.

Woah.. time warp on that website. Screw who has the best LED kits.. who has the best AT string to optimize their USR??

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Pascal Janin, unarguably one of the most brilliant engineers in the pinball industry, created an add-on board to fix this design oversight in TSPP http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php?lg=en&flippp=orsala2168icrq3kf9t35s75k0
With the new hardware system, it seems to me this could be easily addressed. I had no idea we even needed to rally a group up to convince you this was an important thing to address. When third parties, especially renown pinball engineers are augmenting your designs, I thought that might make it obvious...

Have you considered the possibility that maybe turning off the specific flippers is not possible via software? Or maybe there is no way to guarantee that the flippers will turn on only when the ball is on the upper playfields? Was the game designed with the proper hardware to allow for a 100% rock solid detection that a ball is absolutely on one of the upper playfields?

The solution that engineer provided for TSPP involved hardware. Keith cannot suddenly make new hardware appear.

#536 8 years ago
#538 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Have you considered the possibility that maybe turning off the specific flippers is not possible via software? Or maybe there is no way to guarantee that the flippers will turn on only when the ball is on the upper playfields? Was the game designed with the proper hardware to allow for a 100% rock solid detection that a ball is absolutely on one of the upper playfields?
The solution that engineer provided for TSPP involved hardware. Keith cannot suddenly make new hardware appear.

Well, they have modes in the game where they can control the power of the flippers and disable the flipper hold, as well as reverse the right/left flipper buttons, I'm sure it can be done. I'm not discounting the possibility that there may be other technical issues, especially relating to keeping track of balls during multi-ball, but I would imagine as advanced as the system is, it can be done.

Most importantly, I am merely asking for the option to enable/disable the feature. So for people who like things the way they are, it shouldn't make a difference. Now if it requires a huge amount of programming work, that could be an argument, but from what I gather, I figure the system is very well written and quite modular and something like this could be done without too much work, but I don't know, but I haven't heard any arguments that indicated there were technical hurdles.

This issue reminds me of early Gottlieb and other EMs where when one pop bumper fired, they all fired because they were all chained together. The first time I worked on a game like that I thought there was something wrong with the game, but I guess it was done for design purposes, but it probably resulted in a lot more wear to certain parts.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I guess you will see then won't you and everyone else including Bryan Kelly......

Insert popcorn gif here!

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ugh. You put another quarter in him. He will never accept the answer is no. I'd buy him a rebuild kit if it would stop it, but it won't. He thinks he is right and Keith is wrong. The problem is that he is making it sound like a new argument.

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I guess you will see then won't you and everyone else including Bryan Kelly......

I guess so? I really don't make much sense of that sentence...or question.....or statement? I am wishing JJP luck and skill, though.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I guess so? I really don't make much sense of that sentence...or question.....or statement? I am wishing JJP luck and skill, though.</blockquote

Weird...I understood easily.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Weird...I understood easily.

Big surprise. I am shocked.

#544 8 years ago

Wait....who the heck is Bryan Kelly?

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wait....who the heck is Bryan Kelly?

Bryan Kelly is a guy who really wants to see JJP succeed, for the sake of those who have prepaid. Bryan Kelly also thinks WOZ is an incredibly well made game. Bryan Kelly doesn't have anything against JJP, other than the way Jack does business and how he treats his employees and his vendors. And Jack knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

#546 8 years ago

Sigh. Every time someone goes back and clips their post, it bugs me. Whether they are a hero or a troll, it says that they can't even agree with what they said.

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

If you have some other reason Keith for requiring two extra sets of flippers to be continuously firing even when there's not a ball anywhere near them, I'd like to hear it.

Having just played the one at Jenkinson's with a nearly dead upper-left flipper, I couldn't agree more here.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Sigh. Every time someone goes back and clips their post, it bugs me. Whether they are a hero or a troll, it says that they can't even agree with what they said.

Also, it's pointless after your post has been quoted a few times. Might as well just leave it.

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Also, it's pointless after your post has been quoted a few times. Might as well just leave it.

Unless you are making grammatical fixes for readability or updating wrong information, it is pointless.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan Kelly is a guy who really wants to see JJP succeed, for the sake of those who have prepaid. Bryan Kelly also thinks WOZ is an incredibly well made game. Bryan Kelly doesn't have anything against JJP, other than the way Jack does business and how he treats his employees and his vendors. And Jack knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

I would love to hear how he treats them. What does he do or not do? I guess Charlie gave you the inside scoop at one time about some bad stuff going down. I can't say I don't believe it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 25.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 992 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.