Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kare9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Preface: Posted three times about my issues and did not get any response from the community (this is the third post without reply as of typing this, sorry for spamming). So if anyone is having issues that sound like the ones I had please shoot me a message I will help you in anyway I can!

I'm looking for help. I did something stupid - shorted test points in the back box, 20v and the 5v/12v. Game was near death, I am clearly an idiot, but I am very good with board repair on the bench, here's what I've done...

- Repaired MPU by socketting and replacing the RAM, replacing CPU and ASIC.

- Repaired DMD board by socketting and replacing the RAM.

- Complete overhaul of Driver Board all caps and BRs replaced, new headers on GI, fixed some hackery by previous owner.

Now the game plays no red flags, strong coils, lights and display, but no sound whatsoever, no bongs, nothing (sound interface error "sy. 3.46 7/27/95"). So I started "fixing" the DCS sound board here's what I've done...

- Found and replaced two dead ICs, u19, and u22.

- Replaced a working but burnt resistor, r43 (tested solid 15ohm).

- Replaced c20, c21 and c52.

None of these things has fixed the problem and I am out of ideas (I have two working MPU boards). Has anyone encountered anything like this with a DCS sound board?

Update: I'm fairly certain it's the DSP chip at this point, all things point towards that and/or the ram (removing the ROM chips should give me a u10 ram error but does not, to me this indicated the DSP is failing since the board is completely dead).

7 months later
#2 2 years ago

Fixed the dcs sound board after replacing dsp chip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-bot-wpc-s-dcs-sound-board-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.