• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nihonmasa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Having an issue with the jack bot I got recently.

The left flipper button activates the left flipper just fine, but in game, when we have to use it to cancel a bet, it works maybe once every 50 tries.
Any idea of where I should be looking at?

I recon it's gonna be a component in the driver board, but what?

#2 4 years ago

I'd swap left and right flipper button opto boards and see if problem moves.

You have two optos on each flipper button opto board. One for flippers, one for other stuff like entering initials, etc. Easy to go into Tests - Switch Edge - check each of the two optos by passing something between them one at a time. The upper one on the left is probably not working.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Could be the black plastic interruptors on the flipper opto boards. When playing my Jackbot, I found that the flipper optos worked just fine but since the interruptors were warped/bent slightly from years of use, the secondary lane change optos only worked maybe one out of four times. The interruptor has to travel a little further for the lane change opto than it does for the flipper opto. It's a cheap enough part to replace -

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9001

#4 4 years ago

Hi guys, you were on the right track.
I tested the opto boards following your advices, and one of the left opto is dead.
So a new one is on the way

Thanks for the help and guidance! As you could see I have little experience with opto pinballs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-bot-flipper-button-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.