(Topic ID: 193299)

Jack•Bot plastics set (complete) needed as loaner!

By Outsidedge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 12.00.13 PM (resized).png
20171211_232950 (resized).jpg
jackbot (resized).jpg
pinbot_ramp_plastic_clean (resized).jpg
IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 5.01.44 PM (resized).png
IMGA0181 (resized).JPG

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If memory serves correctly... JackBot was only made because of an issue with another game (a license was lost?). And they quickly "re-themed" Pinbot and got it on the line. So that 2,500 probably was driven by what Williams felt they needed to cover.
Pretty sure that's how the story goes.

Interesting. I'm glad they ran it, love the theme, art and the dmd,

Quoted from Frax:

Is it me or do those look insanely thick to anyone else?
Isn't a "true color" plastic protector simply just transparent? I get what's trying to be done here, but most people just clown-puke Pinbot and Jackbot anyways. I was definitely guilty of the 'matched sides' GI on Pinbot. By the time I got Jackbot I realized that it looked terrible. These are visual mods first and most, and the protection is an auxilliary benefit unless you're going to offer them in places that actually need protection. It's a pretty far stretch to claim that slings and inlane guides are the only ones that need it on this game.
There's like four or five other vulnerable plastics on JB that actually need to be protected not just from breakage, but from ball wear from ejects, particularly on the sample games where it's NOT a scoop and the ball can rub against the top of the plastic when it gets kicked out of the saucers. It sucks, because at one point I had outlines on grid paper that I'd traced of the plastic, along with suggested extended edges for ball protection at points of breakage....but everyone I talked to wanted me to provide vector files, and I had no clue at the time how to go about doing that. I'm pretty sure I tossed the papers after giving up on trying to get people to make a full set of protectors, not just some half-assed thing.
This game, more than most, really does *need* a FULL set of protectors.

They look way to thick to me too.

That's why I want just the clear protectors also, I don't want to take away from the great art. Hopefully they will make a complete set of clear ones.

Quoted from Outsidedge:

ohh sure! Just like these 2 originals I received today for an upcoming backglass run. I will make sure it matches the original colors exactly.
Just making a point... However, I have not yet seen variations of the Jack Bot plastics... so I just "may" have a chance at success without claims of pinball sacrilege. Jack Bot was likely produced with only one print order... so we are probably ok unless there were hole drilling adventures (variations at the factory) to solve issues while on the assembly line that have gone unknown... until we find it.

I like the top one best.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

variations of the Jack Bot plastics

Only difference I'm aware of are on the sample games versus the production ones. Ideally it'd be nice if both were produced, but since I got so much crap from EVERYONE when I said the issues with my sample game weren't so bad, I say only produce the regular production ones and let the sample games rot. I'll never buy another sample Jackbot as long as I live just because of all the whinging over the saucers vs scoops... Unreal.

#53 6 years ago

If I recall correctly, there ARE some plastic variants on J*B, specifically on the left ramp sign... there's a pic on IPDB.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If I recall correctly, there ARE some plastic variants on J*B, specifically on the left ramp sign... there's a pic on IPDB.

see above. Sample vs. Production.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

see above. Sample vs. Production.

Yeah I saw your post show up then realized this HAS been said.

#56 6 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3619&picno=8735

That's the oddball one that was on my game, though IDBP info seems to contradict if it was limited to sample games or not. Guess they were really in a hurry to get these out the door and just slapped whatever on games.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3619&picno=8735
That's the oddball one that was on my game, though IDBP info seems to contradict if it was limited to sample games or not. Guess they were really in a hurry to get these out the door and just slapped whatever on games.

Alright then... We will produce both. We have art on both, luckily. Those guys and their variations! grrrrrr

#58 6 years ago

Alright folks.. yet more variance we are seeing. This part (see photo) is in question. This photo is from online that we found. This part does NOT match what we have as a sample... nor the art we have been provided from Williams. Could someone confirm that this plastic looks like the ones most of you have? I have now been told that what we were sent was actually plastics off of a sample/protoype game.

Is there anyone that could send us this plastic? We CANNOT move forward without a go by part that is correct. Aside from the one other plastic previously discussed in this thread, we don't see any other variances. Truthfully, now that we know we have been provided a set that is not the "production run"... we would love to get a whole additional set provided to us. In return this collector will receive a new set back with their originals for FREE!

PM me if you can help... this project is otherwise ready for press.

pinbot_ramp_plastic_clean (resized).jpgpinbot_ramp_plastic_clean (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago

ps... disregard the little ramp in that photo. As it is NOT part of our discussion.

#60 6 years ago

I just pulled my game apart, my game was built 9/1/95. I'll get you a picture shortly so you can see if you want the plastic. I know you'll need the plastic and can send.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just pulled my game apart, my game was built 9/1/95. I'll get you a picture shortly so you can see if you want the plastic. I know you'll need the plastic and can send.

Can you send me your complete set?

#62 6 years ago

I suppose I could, a couple of plastics are broken but all there.

#63 6 years ago

That would be great! Thanks so much.... as I mentioned, you will receive a brand new set back with your originals.

I will PM you the address.

#64 6 years ago

Do you need the mini pf and helmet too? A new sticker for that would be nice for that too.

3 weeks later
#65 6 years ago

Is this *awesome* project moving forward?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this *awesome* project moving forward?

The plastics are 90% complete. They are likely a few weeks away from PPS placing them on their site for sale.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

The plastics are 90% complete. They are likely a few weeks away from PPS placing them on their site for sale.

How about a plastic protector set too....especially for that long skinny one the likes to break?

1 month later
#68 6 years ago

Hello, anybody got any news about plastics?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hello, anybody got any news about plastics?

I hear back from Rick and said to keep checking their web site.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear back from Rick and said to keep checking their web site.

And in the meantime I cracked another plastic, left slinghsot one , my JB is way too fast I got to do something, and I wonder when new plastics will be a reality, and protectors are really needed for this pin, I think. Just made my best play, but this pinball is really not so easy

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

And in the meantime I cracked another plastic, left slinghsot one , my JB is way too fast I got to do something, and I wonder when new plastics will be a reality, and protectors are really needed for this pin, I think. Just made my best play, but this pinball is really not so easy

Dang, really sorry to hear that. I asked the maker of the plastic set if they were doing a protector set (especially for the long plastic) and I never got an answer back. You could always try to make your own, that's what I'm gonna do, I made a new mini pf and it turned out perfect so I think I could make half ass protectors. I just checked on the PPS site and no plastic sets yet.

4 weeks later
#74 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That only gets ya to a seach screen.

jackbot (resized).jpgjackbot (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

I've had mine for a couple weeks now but thanks for posting it on this thread. I just wish they would have made a protector set.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've had mine for a couple weeks now but thanks for posting it on this thread. I just wish they would have made a protector set.

I talked to Pam @ Pinbits about it a long time ago. She'd indicated they were willing to make them, if I could provide vector traces of the plastics. I'd traced them on graph paper with suggested extended edges to protect, but I couldn't ever get anyone to take my paper and digitize it, and I have no idea how all that works. I eventually just threw the traces away, but it would be easy for someone else to do this now that new plastics are available and wouldn't have to be taken off a fully disassembled game..

#77 6 years ago

Outsidedge has everything so I don't know why he didn't do it. I'd want the thinner clear ones, no colors. I'm just using the clear round washers in the mean time.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Outsidedge has everything so I don't know why he didn't do it. I'd want the thinner clear ones, no colors. I'm just using the clear round washers in the mean time.

Yes, that would've been the simplest solution but.... /shrug

2 weeks later
#79 6 years ago

Anyone else order the mini playfield? I got one in really poor condition and PPS won't answer my emails requesting refund or exchange.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Anyone else order the mini playfield? I got one in really poor condition and PPS won't answer my emails requesting refund or exchange.

Yeah I did and it's perfect. Keep pestering him.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Like Mustang Paul above, I got a mini playfield and it's excellent.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah I did and it's perfect. Keep pestering him.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Like Mustang Paul above, I got a mini playfield and it's excellent.

Thanks guys. Someone from PPS saw my post and messaged me in the middle of the night. I am trying again using their suggestion. Hopefully I will have a nice one soon also.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Thanks guys. Someone from PPS saw my post and messaged me in the middle of the night. I am trying again using their suggestion. Hopefully I will have a nice one soon also.

Good to hear.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Rick took care of business. I have a perfect one now and they are aware of the bad ones. All is good.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Rick took care of business. I have a perfect one now and they are aware of the bad ones. All is good.

That's great to hear. Mine's almost put back together, I only needed a few new plastics so I have a bunch of new ones left but gonna keep them just in case. Still no word on the new flasher backboard.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's great to hear. Mine's almost put back together, I only needed a few new plastics so I have a bunch of new ones left but gonna keep them just in case. Still no word on the new flasher backboard.

Hello, just opened mine, I just did change the really broken ones and the new ones were perfect, but left the mini pf in his plastic envelope till now, and peeled off the film protection.
What is the known problem with PPS mini pf plastic ? Mine looks like with very very light scuffs, I would say a (very) little used look on some areas If I look very close under a lamp. I would say that is not "perfect clear".
Frankly, I did notice this just because I saw here there was someone with issues with this piece, if I look at the mini pf plastic from a small distance I cannot see that. Was this the problem or something more visible ?
Thanks...perhaps I just went a little paranoid because heard someone had issues with mini pf ...

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hello, just opened mine, I just did change the really broken ones and the new ones were perfect, but left the mini pf in his plastic envelope till now, and peeled off the film protection.
What is the known problem with PPS mini pf plastic ? Mine looks like with very very light scuffs, I would say a (very) little used look on some areas If I look very close under a lamp. I would say that is not "perfect clear".
Frankly, I did notice this just because I saw here there was someone with issues with this piece, if I look at the mini pf plastic from a small distance I cannot see that. Was this the problem or something more visible ?
Thanks...perhaps I just went a little paranoid because heard someone had issues with mini pf ...

The biggest problem was a chip or stress fracture at the top of the center hole. Also had heavy scratches surrounded by mild scratches everywhere and looked like someone tried to buff them out.

If mine only had the buffer swirls I would have used it with no problem. This was far worse than that.

20171211_232950 (resized).jpg20171211_232950 (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hmmmm that doesn't sound good, I haven't opened mine yet because I'm using the clear one I made because I went through all the trouble so danget I'm gonna use it.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

The biggest problem was a chip or stress fracture at the top of the center hole. Also had heavy scratches surrounded by mild scratches everywhere and looked like someone tried to buff them out.
If mine only had the buffer swirls I would have used it with no problem. This was far worse than that.

Dang that was bad, my hand made one looks perfect and that's hand made. Yours looks like a 3rd grader made it.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm that doesn't sound good, I haven't opened mine yet because I'm using the clear one I made because I went through all the trouble so danget I'm gonna use it.

Dang that was bad, my hand made one looks perfect and that's hand made. Yours looks like a 3rd grader made it.

To be clear, it has been replaced.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes I read that.

About mine, no chips or cracks around the big hole, very slight scuffs in some areas, but after a good cleaning it looks better and not visible once mini pf will be mounted. Well, I understand it's not so easy to mass produce these but...looks like average quality of this piece is not 5 stars.

Very curious to see the clear one in place , I'm gonna try the same soon.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

About mine, no chips or cracks around the big hole, very slight scuffs in some areas, but after a good cleaning it looks better and not visible once mini pf will be mounted. Well, I understand it's not so easy to mass produce these but...looks like average quality of this piece is not 5 stars.
Very curious to see the clear one in place , I'm gonna try the same soon.

Make sure you wax both sides before you put it together and on. I'll get a picture today and post.

4 weeks later
#93 6 years ago

#94 6 years ago

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Looks like a water cutting table burn from the sand.

#97 6 years ago

Only pulled my comments because they were directed at PPS over my plastics set received. They finally have established contact with me... so I want to give them a chance to respond.

If anyone bought a complete plastics set, can you drop me a PM?

#98 6 years ago

Alright, thought I might open this for discussion. I had contacted PPS about the Jackbot plastic set I received (which is super nice, btw) because the plastic (pictured) appeared to have two extra holes drilled on its right side (left in pic).

The original plastic on my machine only has 2 holes...and that appears to be the case for at least one other pinside member (we've exchanged PMs).

PPS has been responsive and says their plastic all have that drilling scheme... they are checking with their supplier.

Curious, does anyone have a machine with 4 holes on right side for that plastic?

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 12.00.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-24 at 12.00.13 PM (resized).png

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Alright, thought I might open this for discussion. I had contacted PPS about the Jackbot plastic set I received (which is super nice, btw) because the plastic (pictured) appeared to have two extra holes drilled on its right side (left in pic).
The original plastic on my machine only has 2 holes...and that appears to be the case for at least one other pinside member (we've exchanged PMs).
PPS has been responsive and says their plastic all have that drilling scheme... they are checking with their supplier.
Curious, does anyone have a machine with 4 holes on right side for that plastic?

That is a definite mistake, there should only be one pair of holes on the left, you need a new plastic and I don't know what the 2 holes on the right are for either but mine has them also.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup that is a mistake for sure

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack%E2%80%A2bot-plastics-set-complete-needed-as-loaner/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.