(Topic ID: 188251)

I've watched all the vids. Alien pinball looks kinda lame.

By Hawkeyepin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I was thinking about my next pin and Alien had crossed my mind right around the time I smartly bought a GB pro. I watched every video I could find and I like the old school spinner sounds and that's it. It looks slow, stop and go and I didn't detect any cool playfield toys. Any owners or potential buyers maybe have a different experience? I also liked the integrated video. Not sure I would like it as much as GB.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I understand Ops point, but I feel the videos only show a few people with their relative experience,
playing a new game, without game tuned shots in their experience.
I remember not being thrilled with the early videos from many releases....IM, TWD, GB.....
Took it a while, and time of my playing, to learn a game, and find the joy in code, soundtrack, shots,
and rewards.

I agree. Anyone here spend any significant amount of time on it? Is it relatively slow?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah it doesn't have a terrible flipper gap, poor geometry, linear modes, airballs, cheap drains, or a dangling booger toy. You'd hate it!

You were the same guy who said Avatar LE was "fast, fun and addictive" (Ironman style). It looks like you also actually owned a Popeye Saves the Earth". I guess I question your judgement.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest driving the 4? Hours to Madison to play it for yourself before making such a bold statement based on some videos. It degrades your opinion as a pinhead when you do things like watch videos or play a game on pinball arcade and then start a proclimation thred.
If you actually want to check out the game in person and see what it is like, then plan a trip over and let me know when. Free games on me and I can walk you through some of the objectives.

Sounds good!

Like my original post stated, it LOOKED kind of lame. I don't have access to one close by and I realize you can't judge a game by a video. I described what I saw as best I could and asked for owner INPUT.

I've watched every Alien movie including requiem. I love the theme. I bought GB however due to it being readily available. I think it was smart cuz I love it but wouldn't mind expanding.

Of course a bunch of folks got upset and gave a bunch of thumbs down rather than fully reading what I was asking. I did appreciate what the video owner posted and other players have said.

It sounds faster than what it looks like! Definitely worth a spin.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You can't judge a game from just videos. Well, I guess you can. But you can't create a thread telling the world you judged it just from videos... oh I guess you can. I can't discount your entire life from this meaningless thread of you watching videos of pinball... or can I...

I don't have one here to play so I asked for owners input. I said what I saw on video LOOKED lame. Final judgement would be me playing it. I asked owners to confirm if it was slow to justify me driving to find it. Discount all u want.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avatar is fast fun and addictive. Tell me why it's not. Main reason I see people not liking Avatar is the theme or the one ramp....and that's fair. Ultimately I sold t because I have similar games I like better. I still think it's an underrated game and fun for what it is.
As for Popeye...you're telling me you wouldn't pick up a nice $1000 Popeye locally just to jam on for a bit? Popeye's my favorite old cartoon character. I got it, shopped it, played it, sold it. It's not a great game but it's not horrible. It has its charm.
Interesting that you brought the two games with an environmental message as examples to insult me. Hmmmm ....

Uh huh. Interested to hear more. Here you go- - I love GB's layout. That'll keep ya busy.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your game, your opinion - I can't take that away from you. Hopefully you can understand why some people have the opposite opinion.

Oh I understand THAT. Let's not cloud the issue. YOU insinuated by your first post I wouldn't like Alien because I like GB and then took yet another opportunity to list what u don't like about GB. Kind of a hijack if you ask me. That part I don't understand. I don't agree with your GB assessment. Try not to personalize it. This topic is about Alien.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-watched-all-the-vids-alien-pinball-looks-kinda-lame?tu=hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.