• 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chessiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pretensiondemotivator.jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

However, if a game sits more than a day or two, it is overpriced.

What?!?! LOL...not every single person interested in buying your game is seeing your FS post or ad within a few days of your post....or if they do, they might not be in the position to purchase at that time. It has nothing to do with if your pricing is right or wrong. Last year I had a TOM for sale...I think I had it up for about a month - when it finally sold, out of nowhere I had 4 or 5 people email me - "is the TOM still for sale!? I'll take it!". So, I'd say my TOM was priced right...just took time for the right people to see it and want to buy it.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What?!?! LOL...not every single person interested in buying your game is seeing your FS post or ad within a few days of your post....or if they do, they might not be in the position to purchase at that time. It has nothing to do with if your pricing is right or wrong. Last year I had a TOM for sale...I think I had it up for about a month - when it finally sold, out of nowhere I had 4 or 5 people email me - "is the TOM still for sale!? I'll take it!". So, I'd say my TOM was priced right...just took time for the right people to see it and want to buy it.

It really depends on how 'motivated' the seller is.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

It really depends on how 'motivated' the seller is.

Right, if you NEEEED a game gone, a lower price will get it gone quicker...but that doesn't mean the original price was necessarily out of touch with the market.

#54 9 years ago

I couldn't resist a $5K acdc premium but a few hundred more has me on the fence.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I think prices are going down now that most people know it's Hells Bells all day long. Hope Lyman fixes this, until then I'm out of the market on this one. Note: skillful play on this one song is so unbalanced you can score 400 mill pts in the first 4 minutes of play. Yikes.

I disagree with this 100%. It's very balanced all around. Hells bells isn't that great. I don't take it unless i'm one shot away from 2X and i'm about to start multiball. Then i'll shoot the jukebox if its' ready, start multiball, if I miss the bell, then i'll use a VIP to snag it when needed.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree with this 100%. It's very balanced all around. Hells bells isn't that great. I don't take it unless i'm one shot away from 2X and i'm about to start multiball. Then i'll shoot the jukebox if its' ready, start multiball, if I miss the bell, then i'll use a VIP to snag it when needed.

Because you're doing it wrong.

3x + lower playfield action = mega jackpot value... and 3x collect = make it rain...

Hells bells w/o lower playfield is lucrative in itself because VIP spots the bell... but if you manage to get to the lower playfield with 3x.. and collect... the points come rushing.

It's easy to relight the song advances.. and lower playfield scored so well. The VIP spots on top of that are just how you go from good to bonkers. If you can keep the timer going with one bell hit.. it just goes on and on...

It's why 1.68 had to play with the qualifying and scoring on lower playfield.. without changing the VIP rules.

#57 9 years ago

I think prices are going down now that most people know it's Hells Bells all day long. Hope Lyman fixes this, until then I'm out of the market on this one. Note: skillful play on this one song is so unbalanced you can score 400 mill pts in the first 4 minutes of play. Yikes.

Why would anyone really care? So just don't play HB and enjoy the game. You're not playing in a tournament. You really are not going to buy one of the best pins ever because HB is unbalanced.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Why would anyone really care? So just don't play HB and enjoy the game. You're not playing in a tournament. You really are not going to buy one of the best pins ever because HB is unbalanced.

You have a point but this is a score driven game we're talking about here rather than mode driven. If the code itself is all about the scoring mechanisms & one is not balanced then I understand the gripe.

I only play the Witch King mission on LOTR when TABA is on the table tho

#59 9 years ago

I'm gonna say Pinheads are very market savvy and if a great deal pops up its like a stampede to see who can get there first.

If you have a fairly priced pin, these days it just may have to sit longer.

There are thousands of Ac/dc premiums out there, as new titles come out and people keep making room for those the price will keep coming down. No big deal, I'm not selling mine either.

It wasn't that long ago that a NIB Lotr Le was $5200 shipped, and from Automated at that. If you don't think and are worried about it going to whatever price, $4500 or so, better think again. Then again, why worry about it.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I couldn't resist a $5K acdc premium but a few hundred more has me on the fence.

That's the same way look at it. It would be very easy to pull the trigger at $5000.

#61 9 years ago

The problem with this game is that it's boring! Unless your a diehard ac/dc fan, this game is very trite, like most stern games. There, I said it. And another thing, Bon Scott all day everyday hahahahahaha!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Aminis good prices???? When???

We'll I was trying to give a little credit. They a have a few good titles under $3800. However, I mentioned used have to pay sales tax, so you are always paying more.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

The problem with this game is that it's boring! Unless your a diehard ac/dc fan, this game is very trite, like most stern games. There, I said it. And another thing, Bon Scott all day everyday hahahahahaha!

Boring?
I just looked at your collection.
I'm shocked you don't already know the meaning of boring.
: )

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Boring?
I just looked at your collection.
I'm shocked you don't already know the meaning of boring.
: )

A couple of songs and a ugly face...common man...

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

I have to agree on the face comment but I don't even consider the Pro models.
For ACDC, it's Premium or nothing.
and "couple" really is "a dozen".
and that's far more than most pinball machines offer.

Dude, you just can't call ACDC "boring". You can say you don't like the music, or that it's a drain monster if not perfectly levelled, but "boring" it is not.

In fact, I'll bet if you made a poll, you'd have a ton of supporters saying that it's THE most exciting pinball machine ever made. I'm talking heart-racing, fast action, adrenaline pumping.

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's NOT Sterns best selling pin ever.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have to agree on the face comment but I don't even consider the Pro models.
For ACDC, it's Premium or nothing.
and "couple" really is "a dozen".
and that's far more than most pinball machines offer.
Dude, you just can't call ACDC "boring". You can say you don't like the music, or that it's a drain monster if not perfectly levelled, but "boring" it is not.
In fact, I'll bet if you made a poll, you'd have a ton of supporters saying that it's THE most exciting pinball machine ever made. I'm talking heart-racing, fast action, adrenaline pumping.
Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's NOT Sterns best selling pin ever.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. I watch people walk away from the game unchanged, including myself and friends. I've played with multiple pinsiders and their collections which by far exceed mine and none are impressed. What I do believe, is that everyone that spends 5k-8k on a pin is more sympathetic to their purchase then others that save their money for a quality pin. Don't worry though, your purchases will hold up in value, even if there is a ugly mug on em.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'll be able to pick up a premium for 4500ish within a year.

Good luck on that ....

#68 9 years ago

And yet you miss out on a ton of other opportunities available to you. Sorry Hells Bells all day long isn't what the game is all about.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. I watch people walk away from the game unchanged, including myself and friends. I've played with multiple pinsiders and their collections which by far exceed mine and none are impressed. What I do believe, is that everyone that spends 5k-8k on a pin is more sympathetic to their purchase then others that save their money for a quality pin. Don't worry though, your purchases will hold up in value, even if there is a ugly mug on em.

I'm pretty sure its just a "you thing", in the huge minority for sure, and especially after looking at your collection it makes sense. What I do believe though is that everyone who spends 1k-3k on a pin always thinks their pins are better and what a genius they are for spotting such "value" than the 5k-8k pin because everybody else just doesn't know what they are talking about

#70 9 years ago

Classic Proponent

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Classic Proponent

Classic whining of someone who is jealous he can't afford an ACDC Premium.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Classic whining of someone who is jealous he can't afford an ACDC Premium.

He has $15-20k worth of machines. He can scrounge up $5500 to get one of he wants one.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

He has $15-20k worth of machines. He can scrounge up $5500 to get one of he wants one.

Why so serious?

Was it not clear that I was joking?

Man, I even used that cool new emoticon!

#74 9 years ago

Geez... The amount of crap games I've sold.The list goes on n on n on n on. I'm just sayin folks. Don't get so butt hurt. Live a little and rock the boat for a good conversation. Maybe I'll even look into an LE

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Live a little and rock the boat for a good conversation

I'm down with that…..

#76 9 years ago

I was just messin with ya, Rob.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Pinbali.....thats a clever name.

#78 9 years ago

Ready to buy one of these mythical $5K premiums if anyone is selling.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

The problem with this game is that it's boring! Unless your a diehard ac/dc fan, this game is very trite, like most stern games...

pretensiondemotivator.jpgpretensiondemotivator.jpg

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Go ahead -sell it. See how you feel a month or two later.

I sold mine after a year of owning it about 2-3 months ago. I don't miss it at all.
I said I would never sell this game...and then Metallica came out. In my opinion, Metallica ruined AC/DC for me...in a good way

#81 9 years ago

Now we're talking. If there's a theme game, Metallica has to be the way to go right?!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

What?? This has been the hottest selling pin in years. With waves of sales a year after release. Clearly that is a proven fact. Its one thing to say your opinion but to say a large group feel that way when its clearly the opposite is literally being stupid to reality.
Wont knock your games but they too also prove your talking about a sandbox you dont play in.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What?? This has been the hottest selling pin in years. With waves of sales a year after release. Clearly that is a proven fact. Its one thing to say your opinion but to say a large group feel that way when its clearly the opposite is literally being stupid to reality.
Wont knock your games but they too also prove your talking about a sandbox you dont play in.

I recommend not feeding the trolls.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend not feeding the trolls.

I know buts its ACDC

#85 9 years ago

Haha. Troll wins.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Now we're talking. If there's a theme game, Metallica has to be the way to go right?!

Metallica is good but ACDC is better.

#87 9 years ago

I'll purchase stretches pin with my scratch and then will have a more educated convo right. Pisha

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ready to buy one of these mythical $5K premiums if anyone is selling.

My buying point for ACDC Premium is 5k... euros or less (as NIB prices are way higher here, recent Sterns are more expensive as well). I will start saving and selling pins once they hit that mark. Most premium around are currently listed at 5500 € or above (feel free to contact me if you have one available below 5000... and not too far away).

So not all ACDC pin fans got one yet. I simply could not justify spending over 2000 € more for the Prem over the pro.

#89 9 years ago

AC DC is good but metallica is better

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

AC DC is good but Metallica is better

I like hearing that

I want both, gonna get both some day but can't decide which to get first.

So I will just buy whichever one pops up first that's close by, well priced & HUO.

Problem solved lol!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

AC DC is good but Metallica is better

I just got a Metallica premium and I also own a ACDC premium. I love both games, but I would have to give top honors to ACDC, just by a little bit. One thing that hurts my over all view of Metallica is the spinner sounds............I can barely hear them??? I am thinking about changing them out for something that stands out more than a bass drum.

#92 9 years ago

Are the Luci editions being sold of by collectors as well?

#93 9 years ago

That is why I have both. AC/DC premium and a Metallica Pro. I like AC/DC a little better but not by much.

#94 9 years ago

I haven't seen any BNB out of all being sold.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Are the Luci editions being sold of by collectors as well?

I got a Met last December and still play it almost every day...I got a Luci in March and traded it in May...

#96 9 years ago

So I think this thread is showing that there is a pretty big market as soon as the premium hits less than 5k. I don't think there is much chance of a 4500 market for quite a while. There is just too much demand right under 5k. I wouldn't wait for 4.5, I'd take one earlier.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I haven't seen any BNB out of all being sold.

There is one in France (#165) currently for sale / trade listed at 10,000 € (not kidding) on our equivalent of Craiglist, called Le Bon Coin.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So I think this thread is showing that there is a pretty big market as soon as the premium hits less than 5k. I don't think there is much chance of a 4500 market for quite a while. There is just too much demand right under 5k. I wouldn't wait for 4.5, I'd take one earlier.

I just can't justify paying 5k for a game no matter how good it is. I see that others are willing to though. Eventually as the new thing becomes the old thing, they'll gradually get passed down the line. I do agree there's a price floor that will eventually be reached. Who knows what the value is though.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I got a Met last December and still play it almost every day...I got a Luci in March and traded it in May...

I bought ACDC two years ago. I bought MET one year ago.

MET is gone. ACDC still here.

#100 9 years ago

Largest production run of any pin in recent history by far. And they could run more. People will have to wait a bit before prices on these increase.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-noticed-a-lot-of-acdcs-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.