• 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chessiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pretensiondemotivator.jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Seems like the AC/DC market is starting to soften. Stern selling so many AC/DCs seems to have made the price go down significantly. How low do you think the price is going to go? I'd like to pick one up but I think I'll be able to pick up a premium for 4500ish within a year. It appears machines are sitting at 5300 for awhile now.

#2 9 years ago

I'm also in the market if someone has one close-ish to KC. Have a Congo to trade towards it, too!

#3 9 years ago

I've noticed this too. I was about ready to make a move on a Premium, but I may wait it out now.

#4 9 years ago

License runs out at the end of the year, so if they don't renew it & put it back into production, you're not likely to see Premiums go that cheap. I can't imagine someone selling a Premium for less than a Pro (NIB, but still)

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I've noticed this too. I was about ready to make a move on a Premium, but I may wait it out now.

They made so many of them. It'd be cool to see the production numbers. This was bound to happen. It's such a great machine I can't wait for the price to fall within my reach!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

License runs out at the end of the year, so if they don't renew it & put it back into production, you're not likely to see Premiums go that cheap. I can't imagine someone selling a Premium for less than a Pro (NIB, but still)

If you want a new game, have no more space and can't find a seller at 5300 what else is going to happen? You'll price the game to where the market is. There are probably a lot of buyers at 4500 for this title that wouldn't pay 5300 for it. Plus with more and more machines you're going to keep see downward pressure on prices as titles change hands. There's only so many machines the market can bear.

#7 9 years ago

With all the new games being released this next year my guess is that $5K will be the new price floor on the Premium. I don't currently own one but I would if/when it hits that price. I have several friends that would also do the same. I would love to see it go below $5K but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. It's just too good of a game!

#8 9 years ago

There are probably a lot of buyers at $4500. There are also a lot of owners who would probably just keep it rather than drop it below $5K.

#9 9 years ago

I, too, am in the market for one and am also thinking that if I keep waiting, the price will continue to fall.

I'm not sure why the market seems so stagnant on these right now. Does anyone know if NIB are still available and if so, what the rough price is? If it's in the $6k range then I can see why these might be sitting. If you can get a NIB for a couple hundred more, why not? I'm also guessing that folks have a lot of money tied up in new games that are coming out. TWD seems to be having a lot of people selling off their higher priced games to get in on that one.

It's always a crap shoot when it comes to trying to guess which way the prices are going to go but I think the price on AC/DC will continue to fall a bit more before it finds its "normal".

Dave

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I'm not sure why the market seems so stagnant on these right now. Does anyone know if NIB are still available and if so, what the rough price is? If it's in the $6k range then I can see why these might be sitting. If you can get a NIB for a couple hundred more, why not? I'm also guessing that folks have a lot of money tied up in new games that are coming out. TWD seems to be having a lot of people selling off their higher priced games to get in on that one.

From my limited data points. It seems like every pinhead I know that has the financial ability to purchase NIB machines has one. These are the people with the means to continue to buy NIB machines also. There are tons of sweet looking titles coming out. It's only a matter of time. Supply is high and demand could be high, but at a more reasonable price.

I think it's funny when I hear someone say they rather keep a machine than take a "loss" on it. The loss has already occurred. All you're doing is delaying the inevitable.

#11 9 years ago

I need to list mine, I have a HUO Premium that I bought in April of this year. It's got all that MEZELmod crap on it too.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

If you want a new game, have no more space and can't find a seller at 5300 what else is going to happen? You'll price the game to where the market is. There are probably a lot of buyers at 4500 for this title that wouldn't pay 5300 for it. Plus with more and more machines you're going to keep see downward pressure on prices as titles change hands. There's only so many machines the market can bear.

Well, good luck! I just know that mine will never leave my collection. People need to realize that just because a game doesn't sell in a few days or weeks doesn't mean AC/DC Prem is a $4500 game. There's always a buyer out there…all eyeballs aren't on an ad the moment it's posted.

#13 9 years ago

I can't understand why you would want to sell an ACDC, but people do all sorts of strange things.

#14 9 years ago

I think a lot of people buy pins based on hype, not that I didn't love my Luci but like Tron I wasn't getting what everyone else found amazing with it. Glad I gave it a chance and definitely a fun fast game but I would rather have a T2.

#15 9 years ago

It is my understanding that the new upgraded ACDC LED Pro will be selling in the $4,850 - $5,100 range. Stern, of course , has it listed for $5,495. I believe one of the distributors has it for "$4,995 plus free shipping".

#16 9 years ago

If anyone is selling an ACDC Premium, I have a HUO XMEN LE Magneto I'll trade for one.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, good luck! I just know that mine will never leave my collection. People need to realize that just because a game doesn't sell in a few days or weeks doesn't mean AC/DC Prem is a $4500 game. There's always a buyer out there…all eyeballs aren't on an ad the moment it's posted.

I think a lot of folks are holding tight onto their money waiting to see what all of the new pinball machines have to offer. If games disappoint and some will, ACDC is a proven winner for lots of people.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I need to list mine, I have a HUO Premium that I bought in April of this year. It's got all that MEZELmod crap on it too.

#19 9 years ago

4500 is probably wishful thinking on my part. Wish I had more money lol

#20 9 years ago

All I know is that the money I spent on my NIB acdc, and playing it for the last year and half has been more than worth whatever depreciation it has had.
But, I can't foresee the game ever leaving. I just don't expect a flood of these to come on the market.

#21 9 years ago

I will keep my Avengers that I can't get squat for just because I don't want to lose a grand. I do not hate it but I do not love it either. I have enough games that I feel it's a keeper in my collection..

Matt unless you want to make a trade that involves your Shadow. Lol

#22 9 years ago

Oh and wish I was closer.

#23 9 years ago

$4500 on a premium? I doubt it but I've been wrong before.

That being said; if you want one and you actually have the money now ($5300) then I think your nuts to sit on the sidelines. No guarantee they will drop further, no guarantee you will still be alive if they do. Your missing out on a ton of fun sitting on the sidelines.

#24 9 years ago

Love mine for sure, but I can see moving it someday.

#25 9 years ago

First off there are a ton of them out there so there should be a lot on the move too. People have had them for a long time now and might be looking for money to get a TWD. Personally with the new software on ST, my ACDC Premium would go away before the STLE will. I have considered the idea of selling it to get a TWD. We'll see how good TWD LE plays and what the Premium looks like when it gets announced.

#26 9 years ago

OP if an ACDC pops up for $5000 just buy it.

If a year later ACDC dips to $4500 I bet you will say it was the best $500 you ever squandered

I'm gonna get one soon myself.

But yeah, values are dropping... On all games for the most part.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I will keep my Avengers that I can't get squat for just because I don't want to lose a grand. I do not hate it but I do not love it either. I have enough games that I feel it's a keeper in my collection..

Matt unless you want to make a trade that involves your Shadow. Lol

Your avengers is the most dialed in one I've ever played. I'm not sure what you did to it, but it plays much better than any other one I've played. I still haven't beat the final battle on shadow yet, but after that occurs we can talk.

Quoted from PW79:

OP if an ACDC pops up for $5000 just buy it.

I just don't have the money right now. I guess I could liquidate some of my games and buy one. That might be an option. I actually mentioned putting TAF on the chopping block and my wife said absolutely not.

Quoted from John_I:

First off there are a ton of them out there so there should be a lot on the move too. People have had them for a long time now and might be looking for money to get a TWD.

I think we're on the same page. It's not just money, but space is at a premium also.

#28 9 years ago

there is always a lot of everything for sale when one of the new flagship games is revealed. all the production runs hasn't hurt LOTR. For a long time you couldn't get over $3100 for a HUO LOTR. That was going rate. Doesn't seem to be effected now. It's just the pump and dump system right now for people that have no patients and want the new item they havn't played.

#29 9 years ago

One of the best games out there and people voted it good with their pocketbooks, so yeah, there are a lot of them.

But, take into account that since it's so good a lot of people want it, so I think there's a balance there. The prices have come down, but prices are down on EVERYTHING.

#30 9 years ago

The prices sure have come down bit I don't think they'll come down much further. I think a little of what is going on here is people scrambling for cash to get in on TWD. ACDC is a good candidate to shuck now and pick up again later for around the same price since there were so many made. Might be hard to snag TWDLE later. Especially if no premium is offered.

#31 9 years ago

Dirk if you've got $4500 you've got $5000

Sell TAF!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I can't understand why you would want to sell an ACDC, but people do all sorts of strange things.

Mine's not going any where either.

#33 9 years ago

I'd love to buy this game.

Will do so when I can.

This helps.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agree that AC/DC Premium is not a $4500 game...yet...and may never be. However, if a game sits more than a day or two, it is overpriced. So, I disagree about that part. When you're ready to sell, sell it. Being able to sell quickly to the first person who looks at your game is much better than sitting on it and dealing with tire kickers for a month over a couple hundred dollars.

#35 9 years ago

I always wondered why people drop their prices so fast here. I've never sold a pin, but I've sold some of my previous cars private party and I'd wait for a good price. I didn't care if it took a month or two.

Also, I always wondered why the Ebay pins have Buy it Now way higher than what people sell stuff here. Don't even talk about a retail store here in St. Louis. Amini's has some decent prices, but some of the their "Collector" pins are way higher than I'm seeing here, plus you pay sales tax.

From what someone else posted. People that sell at Ebay reach a wider crown and have to pay a lot of fees. I'm just thankful I live in a populated area where I can likely find what I'm looking for when I want to.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Agree that AC/DC Premium is not a $4500 game...yet...and may never be. However, if a game sits more than a day or two, it is overpriced. So, I disagree about that part. When you're ready to sell, sell it. Being able to sell quickly to the first person who looks at your game is much better than sitting on it and dealing with tire kickers for a month over a couple hundred dollars.

I have to disagree with your conclusion.

The fair market value of a game is not determined by time on the market.

I have sat on many games for weeks and found a buyer for close to my asking price. I could have started dropping the price daily and eventually reached that point where the game was a steal.

Sometimes it is just a matter of timing. Games do not need to sell in days in order to be properly priced.

I remember sitting on a NIB Spider-Man back in 2007 for $3,200. It sat for 3 weeks. The going rate at the time was closer to $3,500 for NIB Spidey. So even though mine was listed for less than the going rate, and other SM were selling at the time for more, my price of $3,400 was not overpriced.

Patience with selling a pinball machine is important if you want to get fair market for your game.

Marcus

#37 9 years ago

I'll wager that ACDC becomes the title that is sold and then repurchased the most.
Go ahead -sell it. See how you feel a month or two later.
(I made that mistake. Once.)

#38 9 years ago

I bought one, sold it, and then bought one again 2 weeks later. Been modding it more and more doubt , I'll ever sell it. I considered upgrading to BIBLE but just can't swallow the price difference.

#39 9 years ago

Mine is NEVER leaving unless I would upgrade to one with a clearer lower playfield window.

#40 9 years ago

I love my premium but would consider selling it as I would need to make room for another title. So many choices coming out right now. I think a lot of sellers are like this. Space and money to consider as options. If I like a game more than AC/DC(not likely)-Then maybe, maybe.-Joe

#41 9 years ago

It's only down because a lot of people are selling low to cover new releases. It may go up nearer to Christmas.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

However, if a game sits more than a day or two, it is overpriced.

That's ridiculous.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's ridiculous.

Well, I must be doing something right. In the dozen or so games that I've sold at this point, they've all been gone almost instantly except for one. I was just a couple hundred off the sweet spot. However, it was gone in 3 days. Am I just a nice guy? Do I have a great rep as a seller? Does my marketing have a lot of razzle dazzle? Do I sell the games too cheap? Have I just gotten lucky every time?

Again, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell. If you like getting jerked around in exchange for the chance at getting top dollar, more power to you. When I decide that it's time for a game to go, it's time for a game to go. I realize that I'm jinxing myself when I sell my next one- haha, but I'm just speaking about things up to this point.

#44 9 years ago

If it sells instantly I'm thinking you definitely left money on the table. However, if money is no object and time more important than it is always good to get your asking price as fast as possible.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

If it sells instantly I'm thinking you definitely left money on the table. However, if money is no object and time more important than it is always good to get your asking price as fast as possible.

What's instantly? Is a day "instantly"? I would probably think so. A day is typically enough time for all the usual suspects to weigh in. I'm not referring to mere seconds or anything. Of course, I've seen that happen on Pinside too. Yes, you are usually being way too charitable when your game goes that fast.

And the honest truth is, I've never sold a game to make money. I truly mean it when I say that I'm happy if the buyer is happier than me when the transaction is over. If he/she is super happy and I'm marginally happy, that's good enough for me.

#46 9 years ago

Though slightly off topic, how low do you think a pro will go? Especially with the new LED version. If Stern made a lot of Premiums, they must have made a ton more pros.

#47 9 years ago

I think prices are going down now that most people know it's Hells Bells all day long. Hope Lyman fixes this, until then I'm out of the market on this one. Note: skillful play on this one song is so unbalanced you can score 400 mill pts in the first 4 minutes of play. Yikes.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well, I must be doing something right. In the dozen or so games that I've sold at this point, they've all been gone almost instantly except for one. I was just a couple hundred off the sweet spot. However, it was gone in 3 days. Am I just a nice guy? Do I have a great rep as a seller? Does my marketing have a lot of razzle dazzle? Do I sell the games too cheap? Have I just gotten lucky every time?
Again, when it's time to sell, it's time to sell. If you like getting jerked around in exchange for the chance at getting top dollar, more power to you. When I decide that it's time for a game to go, it's time for a game to go. I realize that I'm jinxing myself when I sell my next one- haha, but I'm just speaking about things up to this point.

Good for you! Seriously, I mean that.

I've sold the vast majority of my pins in 3 days or less as well. That doesn't mean that I think if a pin sits for "a day or two" it's overpriced.

I agree with many of your sentiments on selling. There is a probably a good chance that I left a few hundred bucks on the table when I sell most of my pins. But I don't care. Like you said, if it's time to sell, it's time to sell, and I don't need to squeeze every last dime out of a sale. I try to price them to sell quick.

Maybe if it's been more than a week and you've got zero interest...then it's probably overpriced.

But even then, there are so many damn variables, I don't even know if that's accurate either.

#49 9 years ago

Aminis good prices???? When???

#50 9 years ago

Once it hits the high fours the game will have a whole different audience. A while back they were hitting 5k and selling right away, but sitting at 53-5500. There are plenty of people like me that would jump on them in the 4s. There is a big pschological difference between 4900 and 5100. Sure, it's only 200 bucks, but it is the important 200 bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-noticed-a-lot-of-acdcs-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.